Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 6996 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
This thread is becoming EPIC :aok
Laughing my butt off this morning. :rofl :rofl :rofl

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2013, 08:08:39 AM »
 People who like to GV are paying their $14.95 a month like everyone else. There is a market for tank combat and I think HTC is missing out with the way the GV folks are treated like the government treat smokers. Take the icons off the tanks all together and replace them with a small dot on top of the tanks that can only be seen at very close range by aircraft like the signal flags on WWII tanks.

Also make it so if a plane bombs their own GV's it kills them like in real combat. Friendly fire kills would make the bomb fans think harder before dropping. Push the spawns closer in some places like WoT and embrace tank combat as part of this game it is all good. Aces High has great game play and is a far superior game to WoT but I think HTC could learn a thing or two form them.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
Sounds like the OP can't find any one to pick anymore :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
Apparently Tinkles you aren't the 88 guy I referred to.

Like I said I know who one of them is, first letter starts with S and rhymes with joker. But who are the others and did the aforementioned teach them how to aim it, or did you?

Brooke hasn't noticed him, so maybe it's only on Knight vs Bish bases strikes he comes out? They are very accurate, but I know it's not always the first guy mentioned because sometimes he'll be absent from the roster during such...What I really want to know is what satisfaction he gets out of it? This guy(s) shoots at anything and often enemies with his friendlies fully engaged on them.

I can't imagine even if I could shoot that well with it doing it for any concerted amount of time, except maybe vs. bombers when situation called for it.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2013, 08:38:01 AM »
With deference to my esteemed colleague..........

players will follow the fun they wish to enjoy and if that is GV's then ..........

However I would agree that the spawn fest that seems to ensue are some times just too gamey and the GV spawn aspect is a long standing game play challenge yet to be taken up by HTC.

Re 88's & Puffy. Proficient  88 "pilots" are a scarcity and puffy is just to be avoided. Both are designed to permit players to up from fields/CV's that are not under a swarm of enemy icons. I agree with the objective..... the execution seems to be of little or no consequence re the 88's and overly effective re puffy.

Both only come into play when the field/CV is the only focus of combat.......... if we could make a more remote focal point (e.g a remote town) then ground defences designed to protect AC during and immediately after take off are of no consequence.

Re Hangers I must totally agree...... game play (terrains) could be designed to make capture possible without denying players access to the fight.
Ludere Vincere

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
+1 :aok
shoresroad, if you want to quote me and edit the quote for the joke, bold-face or use italics in the text you changed. Nobody except me spots the joke and without that, what you do is just rude.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
It's a shame really, all these awesome flight models gone to waste in subpar gameplay...AH could be a reference game and nearly hoping that hitech sells the business at times.

You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
:confused:   Guess you haven't met my 88s yet  :D

I guess not (or maybe you were the one guy who hit me).  There might be a few people in the game who can hit well with the 88's, but the other several thousand people (me included) are not much of a threat, at least to fighters.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »
I have often wondered if there was a GV only arena how populated in might be.

I have often wondered if there was a GV only arena and all GV's were disabled in the MA how popular the GV arena would be.

I think in most cases, the arena would be dead because the GV'ers want to interact with the pilots even though the vast majority of pilots do not want to interact with them.  I include stationary ground guns with "GV's" even though they are not "Vehicles".

No, I'm not suggesting this should be accomplished, it's just a thought exercise.

I am very happy with this game and all it entails with aircraft.  I actually feel bad for you dedicated GV'ers.  I think you all take the "easy way out".  I know the "flying" part of the game is difficult and takes time to master, heck it takes time to just get average, I get that. I think those of you that GV just to shoot aircraft down are simply griefers.  If you really do not want to learn to fly your own plane, then gun for a buff.

Let me be clear.  I do not want GV'ers to quit.  I do not want them to be put in their own arena.  I do not want them to be treated as "second class citizens".  I just want you to roll down the runway and come fly.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »
You and I must be on the same cycle. I'm PMSing also.
lol

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »
You and I must be on the same cycle. I'm PMSing also.

Yes, but he's always like this...

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 12:02:58 PM »
<snip>
I know the "flying" part of the game is difficult and takes time to master, heck it takes time to just get average, I get that. I think those of you that GV just to shoot aircraft down are simply griefers.  If you really do not want to learn to fly your own plane, then gun for a buff.

No offense, but you obviously lack understanding of the AC-GV competitive dynamic if you think that one GVs to kill AC.  That's actually funny on several levels ...

MH

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
1 page during the night? These board are not what they were  :old:

Tank-Ace what's your gameid again? So I can ask for your knowledge when needed?

I've seen quite a few people like akaMIxer that will jump into a 88mm at first death, no matter that the field is untouched.

Why should that take a plane and spend time for climb out, when they can shoot without any delay and any risks?

Jäger, at your service.

And there's also twits like SHawk who bomb GV's for the hell of it. And the jokers who you rarely see use anything other than tempests. Or what's his face with his ho-mobile 410. The exceptions do not make the rule.

And the answer to your final question is that it's obviously more effective for them. Fact is that if you're taking damage to guns, you're either flying straight and slow, or are close enough to the field to warrant use of guns.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
                                                                               :airplane:      *
                                                                                                             /*                                 *
                                                                                                          /
                                                                                                       /
                                                                                                       /
                                                                                                  /
                                                                                                   /
                                                                                               /
                                                                                               /
                                                                                             /
  bombs for gv's!                                                                    :eek:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:04:52 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2013, 01:20:10 PM »
  I think the GVS add alot of realism to the game, however the "spawn camping" is getting ridiculous ! It sucks to spawn an M3 into a base for a capture we worked so hard on, only to be constantly killed before you can even get the thing into gear and move.  Maybe HTC should consider making the spawn area much larger, or even better hide enemy spawns on the map, so you don't know where they will spawn in from ?
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers