Author Topic: Joystick calibration and butt monkees  (Read 647 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Joystick calibration and butt monkees
« on: January 09, 2002, 09:03:00 PM »
Since the new setup VVS vs LW Ive been in the CT twice.

Both times Ive had to recalibrate my precpro sidewinder.  Ive never had to do this before.

Once I RE-calibrate Im finding the aircraft are responding very differently to my stick in the CT as opposed to the same aircraft in the MA

whats up with that?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Yeager ]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2002, 07:06:00 AM »
I don't understand how this could be arena-related, but I can add that within the last two days, both my TopGun joysticks have developed problems - and I spend 90% of my time in the CT.

My problem is related to the auto pilot mode - I won't hold, and snaps off by itself.  I've tried 2 different sticks, calibrating them, etc.   I had this problem a couple of times in WBs, and they had a 'center' joystick function, which solved the problem immediately.  I can't find that function in AH documentation though.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2002, 07:35:00 AM »
I have a CH USB stick that occasionally (every couple of weeks in the MA) locks up.  I have to restart the computer to get it working again.

Locked up three times in an hour in the CT last night.  Can't see how the arena could affect this, but.....    ???????
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2002, 07:54:00 AM »
I have heard other folks over country channel ask if the fm is different between the main and ct.

I re calibrated my stick but i do it once a month so I dont know if or even how could it be effected by the ct........

But makes ya wonder........

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2002, 10:26:00 AM »
I had a really weird issue last night in the CT. I had just finished knocking part of the town at P47 down when I landed my Ju 88. The engines would not cut off via keyboard or throttle. Also throttle stayed running on maximum no matter what I tried to do to it. I had to alt F4 out of the game to get everything working right again.  :confused:
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »
Wind settings causing folks to feel as if thier stick is out of calibration? I know it wouldn't make a throttle stop working but a low wind layer has made folsk think thier stick it out of wack before.

Westy

Offline LJK_KämpferAs

• Copper Member
      • http://www.demonz.co.nz
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2002, 01:47:00 AM »
The 'auto pilot' problem is a stick calibration/centering problem. I recal my stick each time I restart my PC. I have FFB stick and can turn up the self centering in
Start>
Settings>
Control Panel>
Gaming Options> (the one with the gaming devices in it)
Properties>
Settings>
in there.....

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: LJK_KämpferAs ]