Author Topic: TOC winner  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: TOC winner
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
..... Dan Brown is a good writer (he's bloody not) ....

Something Danny and I agree on, but I digress...

Sixth, Fulcrum is confused since I was talking to Danny about my said pwning ability, although I could take you or Fulcrum on most likely as well. But that is not the topic of this thread.

Killing me is no great feat...tho' I find it odd you've only managed to do so twice in all your chest thumping years while I have managed to kill you just a bit more often.  I should add that one of those times was a proxy as I flew into a tree whilst on your six as I was finishing my 5th beer!  (true story)

And yes, I keep track of this in your case only Middy because you are just sooooo very special...

Speaking of which...I've been wondering why you didn't jump all over joining the DFC Pick Yer Ride event?  Some pretty good sticks entered (myself being an obvious exception)...and you could fly your mighty Spit VIII without fear of any riddicule whatsoever!  I would have thought you, being that you can "pwn 95% of players" in this game would have been literally jumping at the chance.  

Come on Middy!  Redbull has a bye in the first round...I'm sure Ink could fit you in...what do ya say!?  :D  :aok
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:11:18 AM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
:headscratch:

Then, I will mark you down as in support.  :aok

Carry on please, Sir.  :rolleyes:

I'm supportive of applying pwnage whilst drunk.  :cheers:  That is the new topic for discussion, silly.   

To expand this a bit further, drunken pwnage is a skill unto itself and not able to be harnessed by everyone.  Nay, it can only be harnessed by the very best, which is why you were so wrong in your earlier assertion. 

Maybe one day, you too can apply drunken pwange and rise to the top.  I'm rooting for you!   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
I'm supportive of applying pwnage whilst drunk.  :cheers:  That is the new topic for discussion, silly.   

To expand this a bit further, drunken pwnage is a skill unto itself and not able to be harnessed by everyone.  Nay, it can only be harnessed by the very best, which is why you were so wrong in your earlier assertion. 

Maybe one day, you too can apply drunken pwange and rise to the top.  I'm rooting for you!   :old:

There are a few Muppets who apply drunken pwnage...one flies a pink spitfire!  I am beginning to think a few of you have intravenous hookups...  :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
There are a few Muppets who apply drunken pwnage...one flies a pink spitfire!  I am beginning to think a few of you have intravenous hookups...  :aok

See... Fulcrum's mind is free from nonsense about "proper" eating habits and warm milk.   :rock

Sir, may your path be long, full of pwnage, and only just rememberable enough to know who you pwned.   :cheers: 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »
See... Fulcrum's mind is free from nonsense about "proper" eating habits and warm milk.   :rock

Sir, may your path be long, full of pwnage, and only just rememberable enough to know who you pwned.   :cheers: 

:cheers: :salute

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
Rules are rules and officials are the final arbiters.  Strength of character is required to follow the rules and ensure fair gameplay and sportsmanship, as in any sporting tournament.  Since a final decision was made and you had opportunity to file a protest, the rightful winner was chosen. TOC and KOTH being very competitive have to rely on rules and someone as wise as fuzeman to make sure everything is fair.

Having beaten you many times myself in fair co-E 1 v 1's and having NEVER beaten Bruv in a fair 1 v 1, EVER, after many many tries, I am certain the better pilot won that TOC, speaking as objectively as I can.  We all know how awesome good the only triple TOC winner is at fighting 1 v 1s and you also know whom the better pilot is. He won.

Being a sore loser is a moment(s) of weakness, and I forgive you yours. I have had moment(s) myself as many know.

Strength of character is required to overcome said moment(s).  :old:

Debrody has said strength, but it will take time, imho.

Let it be known.  :old:

:salute Debrody (time to consider your way and overcome your moment(s))
 :salute Bruv119 :rock
 :salute Fuzeman (and all officials)  :rock
What a disgusting trolling shit. Totally ignoring my point yet repeating the false crap again and again - madness reigns in your head and youre worthless by any manner.

Once again, not for midtard, but for everyone else:
I dont care if i lose because im not any good. But when i give you a good fight, i might have the rights to expect something simmilar back. I didnt get it from Bruv, ergo i do not want to play with him anymore.
THATS ALL.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:13:33 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
What a disgusting....

I wish I could and help you feel better.   :aok

Losing a championship tournament can be tough. I've seen many players on the losing end even in tears, ex a college football championship losing team.  But, in time, you'll see it's just a game and not nearly as important as family, friends, and the next contest/challenge.   :joystick:

:salute Debrody :rock

:)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:37:43 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
Youre an idiot if you cant see, or just a bad willing troll if you dont want to see.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »
Youre an idiot if you cant see, or just a bad willing troll if you dont want to see.

I see what you're saying.  It's just that you are wrong from what I can tell.  Either because TOC officiating agrees you're wrong and by participating you agreed to those rules, or you not properly contesting it and leaving in a huff.

The best man/pilot won that year.  :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2013, 12:02:42 PM »
The best man/pilot won that year.  :aok

Let me tell you about a man who was the best.  On a magical Sunday in 1991, John Daly became a major champion despite being an alternate for the tournament.  In fact, he drove all night from his home in Memphis not even knowing if he would get it, but boy did he!   :old: 

He was a long shot to win, both literally and figuratively, but he used the power of alcohol to win the PGA Championship by three strokes.   :cheers:

“I was doing the Arsenio Hall, the towel thing. Winning the [1995] British Open was sweet but not as rowdy and cool as that. It was cool going through the crowd high-fiving everybody. My right hand was so sore after that week. My fingers were so sore. Man, I don’t do that anymore. I’m scared I’m going to get injured.”

That day, Crooked Stick Golf Club and the whole of the golfing world got a taste of pure alcohol fueled pwnage.

:salute John Daly
      -AoM-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »
Let me tell you about a man who was the best.  On a magical Sunday in 1991, John Daly became a major champion despite being an alternate for the tournament.  In fact, he drove all night from his home in Memphis not even knowing if he would get it, but boy did he!   :old: 

He was a long shot to win, both literally and figuratively, but he used the power of alcohol to win the PGA Championship by three strokes.   :cheers:

That day, Crooked Stick Golf Club and the whole of the golfing world got a taste of pure alcohol fueled pwnage.

(Image removed from quote.)   

:salute John Daly

The man can also design a mean golf course....love the Wicked Stick...what I can remember of it....

I tend to drink when I play golf as well... :aok

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »

What he is, is an adolescent. He acts and writes likes he's some sophomore envisioning himself to be one of those at the party after the football game. Clearly he's overheard stories and been told to clean it up the next day. Little brother of the QB maybe?

Who: you don't pwn anything, you fly a Spitfire for crimy sake.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:22:08 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »
So i see, why this thread was called alive: to annoy me, trying to hurt my ego. Nope, you cant do it with your lies.. Those who werent there, do not know, what happened.
I cannot play those "lil businesses".

Lock please, as its an obvious troll.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:23:40 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
-1 to this thread, and IN
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
Aside from all the blah, blah, blah, the biggest problem I see with this thread is the idea that being a good dogfighter equates to being a positive part of the game and deserving of something special from HTC.  Bruv might be a great asset to the game, I don't know him, must be a time zone thing.  Only ran into him once that I remember and my usual tactics against a Spit VIII resulted in me in the tower wondering what happened.  No doubt about his and other TOC winners ability, but when I think of the folks in game that make it a positive experience, many of them are average and some below.  When I think of the folks that are often not a positive part of the game, there are certainly some very skilled killers on that list.

This is way closer to a local softball league than Pro anything.  The 10 guys that can put it over the fence are less benefit than the 500 folks that stink but pay all the bills and have a good time.  Not that those 10 guys shouldn't be recognized for their skill and CAN be a great source for teaching the game, its just that the most beneficial and deserving player may very well be the guy with poor skills but he is there helping people, keeping it fun, running the grill at the season end BBQ and staying after to clean up.
AMAX  in game