Author Topic: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena  (Read 9485 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
I was talking about the game, not this thread. As for the drama here, yes it was unnecessary, but someone had to make it personal.

Someone(s). Even the talented terrain/skin maker has that element of personality
(reflected in this thread).

I'll be enjoying the terrain. I may be learning from it, as well.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »
use default setup on the fester terrain bustr. the 3 center gv bases are uncapturable.

Then sir, you got a potential corker of a late night ball buster with fun for everyone. Furballers and bomb griefers in the center killing each other and dying to flakers while the GV commanders vulch each other. Milk runners and base sneakers on the edges where you can up in a split second from that fun and be ready to smack em down. I feel sorry for whoever owns that airbase in the center. Wonder what kinds of whines will ensue when the GV hangers get taken down on the uncapterable and the spawn camping is right at the door? NOE carpet bombers from one sector away to save the GVers?

GVgawd: waaaaaaaaaa they camped my GV base with tigerII and I can't get up.
Bombrguy: one lanc carpet cleaner conga line 60 seconds out NOE.
GVgawd: they have wirbels.
Bombrguy: how's 10 lanc boxes? can't get us all heheheee.
bombrguy: by the way 5 boxes are already hitting their GV base.

You can't capture them. But, you can sure sit on them and keep your kill string growing one way or another.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
you got the idea behind it all bustr.

make sure everyone gets killed with the maximum amount of explosions coming from all directions :)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
Now that I've played around on the map a little and got a good look at it, I'm convinced HTC won't approve it for MA.. It just to unbalanced between the teams.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2013, 10:16:39 PM »
wha? lol

all 3 sides are near mirror images of eachother with differences being terrain and water (just like ozkansas)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »
Now that I've played around on the map a little and got a good look at it, I'm convinced HTC won't approve it for MA.. It just to unbalanced between the teams.
I have not got to look at it but I assumed it was an updated version of the previously approved and used festerMA which was the best map we ever had in my opinion.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »
yeah its the updated version.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
hosting fester MA in custom arenas right now for next 30 min or so if anyone would like to join us and make suggestions or just view the terrain I will be there for the next half hour.

thanks.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
Downloaded. Nice one.
Going to use if offline and enable tower gods eye and fly around.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »
update.

HTC got the files and are reviewing them.

[NOTE: VIEW THIS ARENA BY GOING TO CUSTOM ARENAS AND SELECTING THE fester TERRAIN AND SET EVERYTHING TO DEFAULT AND CREATE THE CUSTOM ARENA OR VIEW IT OFFLINE.]

I do not anticipate any construction problems as I was extremely meticulous making the map.

the map is designed with a narrow but deep front to make it viable in off hours as well as prime time and allow land capture to not slow down the action.

will have to wait for final word on my gameplay setup decisions which in some cases like ozkansas have not been yet tried. (cv battle port areas, uncapturable gv area with capturable air base in center.) however these setups were made from the basis of experience of playing the game over a decade and I believe they will be fun points of conflict.

the gv/airbase chains however have been tried in ozkansas and I think are very successful in combined land and air battles. in this map they have been expanded to allow areas to be captured while keeping the fight going up to the prize of being in position to ground assault the enemies city where extensive railroad and convoy routes are between the gv bases next to the city.

I hope HTC will allow these concepts to be used in this MA and if they are not enjoyable I will update the map and remove or redesign them but i think they will work. I hope their willingness to trust me like they did with the ozkansas terrain setup will be continued on this MA terrain.

also a point of note is every country is given an advantage front and a disadvantage front by starting ownership of the captureable fleet in the middle of each sea flanked by a friendly and enemy uncapturable fleet spawning nearby from an uncapturable port.

in turn on the front where a country has a CV group advantage they start with one less gv base in the ozkansas chain on the same front giving them a slight disadvantage in the battle in the middle of the map.

keep in mind this is the starting setup and is possibly a short term advantage that can be changed in the first attacks by any of the countries as these advantages and disadvantages lie directly on the very front line starting positions.

the decision to give the southeast country ownership of the middle base at start was based on its position. in the history of AH the southeast country is almost always attacked more than the north and west ones. the reasons for this are not clear cut but it was also the owner country of the base in the original version of the map years ago and in spite of this or maybe because of it the southeast country was ussually the one being attacked most.

the uncapturable vbases flanking the center base are not meant to be a tank town so much as a checkmate to the airbase that will put it under constant threat of capture from any coordinated attack. with the vbases nearby the airbase can be easily disabled by ground attack no matter which country has ownership of it. I think of the uncapturable center vbases in these mountains as dug into the hills and impossible to eliminate insurgency type entities in a sense.

heres a pic of the layout. I put red boxes around the uncapturable bases similar to how they look in game.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:37:59 AM by Citabria »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »
Sounds good. Cant wait to try it in game  :aok
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:20:33 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2013, 12:11:25 AM »
Gosh Fester...I didn't get you anything...thanks for the map  :salute
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
So when do we get this thing??

It looks like it's going to be a screeching, whining, wear your big boys pants map with no place to hide. You muppets are going make people hate you in your K4 and 262 when ever it's in rotation.

You should have named this one:

Silence of the Baby Seals, Bbburrrrrrpppp!!!!

:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
HTC is looking over the gameplay setup and I am updating it immediately once they give me info on anything they want changed and sending them the updated files.

if everything checks out on skuzzy's error checking its just a matter of the gameplay setup choices I have made being approved.

I believe once those hurdles are cleared it could get built immediately and put into rotation?