Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6750 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
 :rolleyes:
Top Gun

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »

Arlo does find the coolest pics around.  The flying snail, the dancing guy, cool Battle of Britain stuff, and much more.  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2013, 03:16:34 PM »
I agree that the jets are more on the side of fun spoilers than anything else. I play to have fights and there isn't anything I hate more than getting into a good one and then have a jet or two, or more show up to just pick and run. Well maybe I hate HOin more.....hmmmmm it's a cloce one to call  :neener:

But while I hate having the jets show up and bust up a fight I have the same option to come back in one and hunt them down for my fight  :devil Is it enough to turn away newbies? I don't think so. Add that into the other frustrations of a steep learning curve? Maybe.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Jets would be great .... in a Korean War arena.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
Arlo does find the coolest pics around.  The flying snail, the dancing guy, cool Battle of Britain stuff, and much more.  :aok

It's surely a sign of a bored mind. I'm working on that. No, really. (Thank you, though)  :D

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:04 PM »
Lusche,

I have a question - What was the percentage of 262 keels in 2003?

Regards,

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
Lusche,

I have a question - What was the percentage of 262 keels in 2003?

Regards,

Tomorrow in my Megastats thread, ok?  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
262 could use a higher price tag.
veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That's impressive. Displays can be a PITA to do right  :D
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 01:58:32 AM »
Well, I just found out another friend I got to try AH 3 or 4 months ago has canceled his account.  He basically told me he couldn't take the baby seal clubbing.  I helped him get started and he has played a lot of stand alone flight sims over the years.  But he couldn't take the drubbing he was getting here.

I still think we need an intermediate or beginners arena where less skilled players can go at each other and experience full game play until they achieve some level of proficiency (maybe a break even k/d ratio, giving as good as they take) before they move up.

I guess the final straw for him was when he got owned by a really good pilot and then got a PM from the pilot laughing at him.  He told me "why would I play a game this difficult and then get my face rubbed in it to boot."  He didn't play for a few weeks and then canceled his account.

This one really bothers me as he's a huge WWII aviation history buff and a perfect potential long term player.  But the game difficulty + jerk factor blew him out.  What should I say to the next person when I tell them about AH - Here's this really cool game where you'll probably suck for years and have dirt kicked in your face when you're down, you'll really like it :rolleyes:
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 02:08:26 AM »
Ya know, I can understand not talking trash to new guys but this whole "fondling" the new guys, make it easy for them etc., Seems a bit odd to me, I've been here pretty much since the beginning, cut my teeth on AW and came here from word of mouth. However, I don't remember it being any different then, or even in AW. It was purely fish or cut bait. Again, new blood keeps games alive I just think it's kind of silly. I stuck around after getting clubbed for quite some time. :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 03:47:22 AM »
Did he find a squad that fit? A squadron is a pretty good way for a new player to have:

1. A wingman (or few) to help look out for his six (that care about this particular player).

2. Veteran players in his squad that can actually train him on the go (the MA) if not outright drag him (and other squaddies) to the TA/DA for regularly scheduled training.

3. A sense of camaraderie and fellowship that helps those roots sink in.

Some players seem to disdain squads (and maybe for reason but probably due to some squads fostering negative characteristics over positive ones - there are squads quite the opposite).

Talk to him again and find out what type of game personality he has (I bet there's at least one active squad that's a fit).

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 04:47:19 AM »
I hate to say it...but if someone cant take some "dirt in the face" in a online game...

I would hate to see him out in the real world.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2013, 05:12:37 AM »
This game has a very high quality of online gamers because the new guys that can't take a bit of abuse don't stick around. It's almost like a special forces selection process. Yes half will quit, but those who stay have strong characters and a strong will to learn something difficult. They also have a thick skin. That is why this community in general is populated by the kind of people I can respect no matter what their style of play is. It's tough to get a foothold and as such we enjoy being online with eachother more than the average meat market online gamers.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:27:03 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2013, 05:13:34 AM »
I hate to say it...but if someone cant take some "dirt in the face" in a online game...

I would hate to see him out in the real world.
LOL I'm sure this GAME has gotten to us all at one time or another..I myself has launched a few joy sticks, laptops and/or headsets in the past and will in the future..still..I do love this game and the players I consider friends..even a few rooks and knights I consider friends..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait