Author Topic: Proposal for adjusting S&R rules in future scenarios  (Read 730 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Proposal for adjusting S&R rules in future scenarios
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:12:42 PM »
S&R is one of the most interesting concepts in scenario:

Really this is blast... (especially since I brought it first into AH Scenario  :cool:  does anybody remember Kadesh?)

One thing I noticed during BoB is actually lack of penalty for for leaving the aircraft behind. S&R is so efficient (MAX is doing great job) such that withing 2-3 minutes you are at your home base. And if you bailed over any friendly base or landed there, you get back even faster. The T+60 rule
does not help much as most of battle goes at T+50 or so and afterwards it is immediate.

I would suggest following:

1. S&R aircraft, jeep or boat should get back to the base after collecting bailed pilots - I mean pilots should ".join SARID" and land with them
2. If you landed not at your home base you need to do a ride back to the squadron from the base you landed at, using a personal transport like Fi 156 and fly to the home base

This way you have more realistic delay between bailing out and actually being able to fly again.

Back in Kadesh the (1) was actually applied but was rather complex, but the (2) would be actually fun.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Proposal for adjusting S&R rules in future scenarios
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:53:24 PM »
Hey Artik <S> I remember Kadesh.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:57:42 AM »
The problem I have with #2 is that 609's base is A39, and last frame was so far from the action that if took too long just to get back in the action. add to that the time to fly a Storch back to the A-39 from say, Dover or A-42, THEN re-up, well... :( Couldn't it be concievable that we could grab an extra plane from a base nearer to where we bailed?

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
I like the idea of #1, #2 I think pushes it a bit too far.  The only problem I have with #1 is with PT boats, how do you know you are back where you started?

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Maybe use PTs boats only for Axis. Once the PT boat pulls alongside the pilot he is free to reup his Emil or bomber.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV