Author Topic: Side Switching & Plane Choice  (Read 1428 times)

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
Side Switching & Plane Choice
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
I just wonder if there is no time limit for switching sides in EW? I was in there a couple days ago and 2 guys switched sides to thwart my plans of taking a base but switched back an hour later. :bhead :bhead :furious I always thought it was supposed to be 12 hours or is that just in LW. Also noticed that the choice in planes changes according to the map. Noticed the B24J and B25H were available at some bases on the current map.
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Side Switching & Plane Choice
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
I always thought it was supposed to be 12 hours or is that just in LW.

Just in LW.

Also noticed that the choice in planes changes according to the map. Noticed the B24J and B25H were available at some bases on the current map.

Could probably help to give the name of the terrain inquestion and possibly the base # (if it's really limited to only soms particular bases)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »
The map was ndisles. It has been reset but it was a base on the north island, East of the strat. Side switching should have a time limit just like LW. Unfare advantage when you can switch sides, Locate a cv, then jump back and run sink it or do what was done to me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »
ya having someone to fight must suk....in a online combat game. :rolleyes:

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Of course...someone always has some smart alec remark! Showing real intelligence there ink. My point is not to hide from a fight. That's not what this post is about but of course you try and make yourself look and feel important by trolling the BB looking for things to make stupid comments on. Go play on the general discussion forum with the other trollers.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »
Of course...someone always has some smart alec remark! Showing real intelligence there ink. My point is not to hide from a fight. That's not what this post is about but of course you try and make yourself look and feel important by trolling the BB looking for things to make stupid comments on. Go play on the general discussion forum with the other trollers.

haha

if you wanted a fight you would want some opposition....and actually want guys to switch.

truth hurt....(which it did obviously ;)) change your reality.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
Sorry Ink I just don't understand your point. :headscratch: Someone is trying to capture a base and someone else "switches sides" to prevent it, well the first thing that comes to mind is what you find in a hen house. :angel:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
Sorry Ink I just don't understand your point. :headscratch: Someone is trying to capture a base and someone else "switches sides" to prevent it, well the first thing that comes to mind is what you find in a hen house. :angel:

this game is about Combat with LIVE players....if sides are so lopsided that one can capture bases without any opposition...how is that playing a MMO...might as well play off line.....

someone whining about people who want to fight real players is as lame as it gets, and thats exactly what this thread is about...they switched to fight...or "thwart" a base take....same thing.....

then he came on here and whined about it..... :rolleyes:

it seems quite easy to me to understand.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »
Yeah I've heard all those arguments before. No problem I can deal with it both ways. Have had it happen to me more than once and it will probably happen again. Of course the bottom is why they switched, if it was to get a fight that is one thing, if it was to upset him, well there we are back at the hen house. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »
Gentlemen,

Loony asked a legitimate question in the help and training forum,he also pointed out a possible error with the map,allowing B24's and B25's where they are not supposed to be.

Please keep any opinions on gameplay for another forum,this forum is supposed to help players with the game, and not to comment on any game play styles.

:salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
The OP fails to mention what perpitrated the side switch...I was 1 of the culprits. Three of us (Rooks) were flying out of A1 for a Bish base take at A4. As we dropped troops,Loony comes rollin in with an M3 from his Nit spawn for the steal. We took it right back as well as his Vbase  :devil

Not wanting to lock horns with 3 po'd Rooks, loony starts in on P14 (Bish) port. We went Bish...yes...just to ruffle his feathers  :banana: :P :lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »
Gentlemen,

Loony asked a legitimate question in the help and training forum (...)

Please keep any opinions on gameplay for another forum,this forum is supposed to help players with the game, and not to comment on any game play styles.

Actually he didn't, this thread was just moved here after the argument above happened and the comments were already posted ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »

Actually he didn't, this thread was just moved here after the argument above happened and the comments were already posted ;)

Thank you Lusche,I wasn't aware of that!

My point still stands though,I'd like to see the help and training forum stay just for help and training. How a player wants to spend their time ingame is on them,there is no need to discuss the pros and cons of game style play.

If player A wants to furball,great if player B want to toolshed that's great also,it takes both types to make AH what it is.

:salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
The OP fails to mention what perpitrated the side switch...I was 1 of the culprits. Three of us (Rooks) were flying out of A1 for a Bish base take at A4. As we dropped troops,Loony comes rollin in with an M3 from his Nit spawn for the steal. We took it right back as well as his Vbase  :devil

Not wanting to lock horns with 3 po'd Rooks, loony starts in on P14 (Bish) port. We went Bish...yes...just to ruffle his feathers  :banana: :P :lol

Hehehe, "The Rest of the Story". :devil

No problem Morfiend, I will try to be more specific in this forum.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
My problem is not that i was stopped or had to fight anyone. My point is that it is an unfair advantage when someone can switch sides and then immediately switch back. I thought there was a time limit.