Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6362 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »
<deleted, because it was too mean; this is like clubbing baby seals ...>

I bet, clubbing with your fearsome intellect? I'm shaking at the mere prospect.  :lol

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »
I bet, clubbing with your fearsome intellect? I'm shaking at the mere prospect.  :lol

Jesus, Shida, don't be so insecure.  I have nothing against you personally; just try to be nice when you post. 

MH

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Shida you are a disgrace :old:

Apologise to Deacon :old:

Your a scoundrel and a bounder :old:

So in effect Shida your stating that Deacons limit time in GVs implies he cannot form a real opinion in regards to GVs or in fact anything to do with AH?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »
Arlo, this is just a game.  People play games where they pretend to be Wizards, or Dwarves, or Klingons.  It’s perfectly legitimate to want to do something with cartoon tanks which deviates from history (in a *separate* arena wrt to the OP of this thread).  Even more so, because AH never claimed to be an accurate model of WWII.  It’s a game with accurately modeled planes and GVs in it.  

However, it's not a game designed to segregate planes from vehicles from ships no more than a fantasy online game would consider creating separate arenas for wizards alone or dwarves alone or Trekkie games for klingons alone or vulcans alone. I don't see a GV only arena as beneficial to the game or the community.

Now, having said that, and realizing how you, yourself, mentioned how some players just don't want to be part of the bigger picture, not part of squadrons or anything, I suppose such a mentality would find it hard to set up a custom arena, disable all the toys they don't personally like then look for like-minded souls that want to play AHII - lite (GVs only). You should have at least one dedicated opponent, the OP. Maybe more than that. It'd be a way to test how really popular an idea like this is. If there were such arenas popping up all the time, perhaps HT and company would take it as some sort of sign. I'm skeptical of this coming to pass to make said impression, however. And I'm fairly confident in believing the HTC hasn't been modeling GVs with the idea that they need their own arena to cater to the dozen or so players that want to be left to GV vs. GV 'in peace.'

Anyhow, here's to seeing a regular appearance of a custom arena or two entitled 'Nothing but GVs here.'

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:13:24 PM by Arlo »

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
Shida certainly is a bounder, also a rotter and dare I say a cad!

Deacon has failed to appreciate the magnificence of his adversary in this fableeus hexchange.

Zack smells like a week old laundry basket.

I got engaged yesterday.

He's lovely :banana:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
What does marrying a man have to do with deacon not being very good in GVs? :old:

The GFC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »
What does marrying a man have to do with deacon not being very good in GVs? :old:

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
However, it's not a game designed to segregate planes from vehicles from ships no more than a fantasy online game would consider creating separate arenas for wizards alone or dwarves alone or Trekkie games for klingons alone or vulcans alone. I don't see a GV only arena as beneficial to the game or the community.

Now, having said that, and realizing how you, yourself, mentioned how some players just don't want to be part of the bigger picture, not part of squadrons or anything, I suppose such a mentality would find it hard to set up a custom arena, disable all the toys they don't personally like then look for like-minded souls that want to play AHII - lite (GVs only). You should have at least one dedicated opponent, the OP. Maybe more than that. It'd be a way to test how really popular an idea like this is. If there were such arenas popping up all the time, perhaps HT and company would take it as some sort of sign. I'm skeptical of this coming to pass to make said impression, however. And I'm fairly confident in believing the HTC hasn't been modeling GVs with the idea that they need their own arena to cater to the dozen or so players that want to be left to GV vs. GV 'in peace.'

Anyhow, here's to seeing a regular appearance of a custom arena or two entitled 'Nothing but GVs here.'

Nobody would go there.  Remember Trinity tank town, which had *way* more visibility.  To work, a GV-friendly arena needs to be on the main menu (where it's "in your face") or GB-friendliness (like my popular no-icon-zone idea) needs to be integrated into all the maps used in the MA.  

MH
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:57:30 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
Nobody would go there.  Remember Trinity tank town, which had *way* more visibility.  To work, a GV-friendly arena needs to be on the main menu (where it's "in your face") or GB-friendliness (like my popular no-icon-zone idea) needs to be integrated into all the maps used in the MA.  

MH

Mneh. I met ya halfway in a logical manner.  :D

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »
Mneh. I met ya halfway in a logical manner.  :D

I did appreciate your conciliatory tone.  I'm just telling you my opinion of the visibility issue, which is critical.  For example, I have been playing this game since before I started posting on the Forums, and I had never heard of "custom arenas".  

But anyway suppose someone makes one.  On any given night, how to you inform players of its existence, and how do you tell them that someone is in there.  Nobody constantly monitors 200, to say the least.  I see this as being similar to Trinity TT in its later years.  The thing with Trinity TT was it would be empty, someone would go there and listen for others, hearing nothing they would leave, then maybe later someone else did the same thing, etc.  I did this every night Trinity was up.  Rarely any critical mass, and that was in the LW MA, visible right on the front page, where most people go by default.  I imagine a custom area would be much worse.  

But who knows, maybe someone will try your idea anyway, and maybe I'll be wrong.  

MH
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:25:18 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »
But anyway suppose someone makes one.  On any given night, how to you inform players of its existence, and how do you tell them that someone is in there.  Nobody constantly monitors 200, to say the least.  

Seriously? You are really entirely at a loss? Here you are on the game forum discussing the matter with approximately 20 or so players. A lot of people monitor 200 (though I don't anymore, I can guarantee you many more do than are in this thread). Players arrange custom arenas for anything from practice for an event to personalized sandboxes. My squad (and, yes, I understand you may disdain squads) regularly creates custom arenas for practice. Are you presuming that because you didn't know of their existence for some time that, in general, nobody does? Are you saying that you aren't familiar with how to create one? That the word cannot be spread sufficiently to give it a shot? Or are you concerned that nobody ..... or hardly anybody .... would be interested?

There's a way to find out. And it doesn't involve petitioning for a permanent arena to test the theory. Are you asking for assistance?

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2013, 12:42:13 AM »
arlo ur ful of it so stfu please say no more

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
Arlo is awesome, that tank upside down and his cartoon is all that is needed in this thread :old:

I demand AH gives me a water areana so I can pretend I am Oscar Wilde punting on a lake :old:

The GFC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2013, 06:53:50 AM »
arlo ur ful of it so stfu please say no more

Does this mean you want to play in a GV custom sandbox or not? Don't make this
a new fixation with my ankle. Offer a better idea while you're drunk texting from
your phone. Volunteer to help me help Deacon learn how to make a custom arena
purely for GV weenies then put your mouth to better work whipping up a following.

:aok :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:55:35 AM by Arlo »

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2013, 07:35:52 AM »
Please by all means give en their own arena and remove them from the LWMA.