Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6446 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2013, 07:37:31 AM »
Arlo is awesome, that tank upside down and his cartoon is all that is needed in this thread :old:

I demand AH gives me a water areana so I can pretend I am Oscar Wilde punting on a lake :old:

:rofl

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
arlo ur ful of it so stfu please say no more

Seriously, your 42nd post and this is what you come up with?.

Considering you cannot spell 'you', 'are', 'you're', or full, and that you managed to include an expletive I would suggest your time could be better spent elsewhere :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2013, 10:05:55 AM »
Seriously? You are really entirely at a loss?
<snip>

No ...  I am not "entirely at a loss".  Again, I am saying that based on extensive experience with trying to get people to go to specific places in the MA, that your suggestion has definite visibility issues.  Although the separate GV-only arena isn't my preferred solution to create some GV-friendly areas, it costs me nothing to try it, if HTC is willing to.  Furthermore, if HTC is or is planning to attract people to AH based in part on the GVs, a GV-only arena may be a good way to give those new guys a chance to get used to the game, without constantly being slammed by easy-mode attack aircraft guys.  Attracting such new guys to a custom arena as currently implemented would be even more problematic than attracting experienced players. 

Perhaps instead you are "entirely at a loss"? 

MH

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Jesus, Shida, don't be so insecure.  I have nothing against you personally; just try to be nice when you post. 

MH

<Cobblers>  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:11 AM »
Perhaps instead you are "entirely at a loss"? 

I'm not asking HT to do something I can do in a custom arena and rationalizing it's need because of the unfairness of GVs having to deal with 'easy mode' aircraft attacking them.

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
tdeacon i agree there should be

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
I'm not asking HT to do something I can do in a custom arena and rationalizing it's need because of the unfairness of GVs having to deal with 'easy mode' aircraft attacking them.

Well, neither was the OP, given the visibility issue.  BTW, the word "fair" does not apply to AH, and never did.  It's a solely (sp?) a question of preferences. 

MH

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
Well, neither was the OP, given the visibility issue.  BTW, the word "fair" does not apply to AH, and never did.  It's a solely (sp?) a question of preferences.  

MH

I'm not the one (or ones) asking for a dedicated GV only arena to keep from getting bombed by aircraft. I'm all about taking the advantage. But I'm not about asking HiTech to make my advantage for me.  :D

Where's our PT Boat only arena, dog-gone it?!  :lol

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »
:banana:

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
Seriously, your 42nd post and this is what you come up with?.

Considering you cannot spell 'you', 'are', 'you're', or full, and that you managed to include an expletive I would suggest your time could be better spent elsewhere :aok
Tdeacon your going to get this negative crap from these guys they don't gv so they don't care  except to shoot down anything that does not fit into there scheme of game play. Take this Danny guy for instance ever seen him in a gv I haven't and Arlo how about him.....nope but they are quick to find something wrong with what you would like to see happen in the arenas. From what I have read Danny and Arlo you need not have posted any comments at all. Only the persons that are interested in gv'ing should be expressing there view on this topic and not the score padding players who look for the easy kills by bombing gv's. What tdeacon is asking many of his fellow players would like to see this done so that it be gv only area but still were the option to play under normal condition still remain. Going to the DA were it is already done is not the same as just having it in the ma were the bulk of players are. Now Danny as far as my spelling really dude.... this is what I am talking about if you have nothing better to do than express negative crap would your time not be better spent by shutting tfu.... anyways I cant wait to see what your reply is going to be but I bet its not positive. Now I'm not going to post any more replies because it will do no good except to have too answer Danny's and arlo's clever witty comments trying to out do me which I could care less but Tdeacon its a good idea I just wish there were more gv-ers here to support you sir.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »
Tdeacon your going to get this negative crap from these guys they don't gv so they don't care  except to shoot down anything that does not fit into there scheme of game play. Take this Danny guy for instance ever seen him in a gv I haven't and Arlo how about him.....nope but they are quick to find something wrong with what you would like to see happen in the arenas. From what I have read Danny and Arlo you need not have posted any comments at all. Only the persons that are interested in gv'ing should be expressing there view on this topic and not the score padding players who look for the easy kills by bombing gv's. What tdeacon is asking many of his fellow players would like to see this done so that it be gv only area but still were the option to play under normal condition still remain. Going to the DA were it is already done is not the same as just having it in the ma were the bulk of players are. Now Danny as far as my spelling really dude.... this is what I am talking about if you have nothing better to do than express negative crap would your time not be better spent by shutting tfu.... anyways I cant wait to see what your reply is going to be but I bet its not positive. Now I'm not going to post any more replies because it will do no good except to have too answer Danny's and arlo's clever witty comments trying to out do me which I could care less but Tdeacon its a good idea I just wish there were more gv-ers here to support you sir.

Well isn't that a pile. When it comes to outdoing you, there is no 'try' but you're even lost about that. I gave a huge amount of support for additional GVs (Shermans, specifically) both of you seem to think warrants HTC segregating a whole arena for nothing but GV play. That was back when you had to drive a German main battle tank because there was no other kind. And it's rather funny when you indicate (admit) that a GV only arena is not a normal condition. You're accidentally right, it's not.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:52:52 PM by Arlo »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »
Arlo is awesome, that tank upside down and his cartoon is all that is needed in this thread :old:

I demand AH gives me a water areana so I can pretend I am Oscar Wilde punting on a lake :old:

Word of the Day for Tuesday, October 8, 2013

tittup \TIT-uhp\, noun:

1. an exaggerated prancing, bouncing movement or manner of moving.

verb:
1. to move, especially to walk, in an exaggerated prancing or bouncing way, as a spirited horse.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »
Tdeacon your going to get this negative crap from these guys they don't gv so they don't care  except to shoot down anything that does not fit into there scheme of game play.

I have now almost 2,000h in GVs and more than 23K kills in Gv's (more than 17k in tanks) - And I was one of the first in this thread to speak against this wish.  :)

It's not always simply a matter of "us" vs "them" ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 07:12:47 PM »
Tdeacon your going to get this negative crap from these guys they don't gv so they don't care  except to shoot down anything that does not fit into there scheme of game play. Take this Danny guy for instance ever seen him in a gv I haven't and Arlo how about him.....nope but they are quick to find something wrong with what you would like to see happen in the arenas. From what I have read Danny and Arlo you need not have posted any comments at all. Only the persons that are interested in gv'ing should be expressing there view on this topic and not the score padding players who look for the easy kills by bombing gv's. What tdeacon is asking many of his fellow players would like to see this done so that it be gv only area but still were the option to play under normal condition still remain. Going to the DA were it is already done is not the same as just having it in the ma were the bulk of players are. Now Danny as far as my spelling really dude.... this is what I am talking about if you have nothing better to do than express negative crap would your time not be better spent by shutting tfu.... anyways I cant wait to see what your reply is going to be but I bet its not positive. Now I'm not going to post any more replies because it will do no good except to have too answer Danny's and arlo's clever witty comments trying to out do me which I could care less but Tdeacon its a good idea I just wish there were more gv-ers here to support you sir.

It's not so much "us" being negative, it's "us" looking at the other side which those of you who think the idea a good one don't.

Let me phrase it this way, YES it's a great idea ...... for GV players. The problem is the game is about more than GVs. It is one big sandbox where we all get to play and interact with each other. This means Wirbles shooting down planes that are just trying to furbal, as well as fighters and bombers bombing GVs that are just trying to spawn camp.... err battle  :noid

Splitting the population just isn't good for the community.... unless you can maintain 800-1000 players on line all the time.