Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6439 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2013, 02:41:13 AM »
All I've seen from him is rambling gibberish.

That's fascinating, I've got exactly the same impression of you.

I had a quick look and I had to go back three tours to even find you taking a flight in this game, err, what's it called again, oh yes Aces HIGH. But whatever, it's your $15. Just to show there's no hard feelings I bought you a present:

:neener:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2013, 02:47:37 AM »

"Hey, tank driver, you in there? Bet you mad, eh bro."

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »

That's fascinating, I've got exactly the same impression of you.

I had a quick look and I had to go back three tours to even find you taking a flight in this game, err, what's it called again, oh yes Aces HIGH. But whatever, it's your $15. Just to show there's no hard feelings I bought you a present:

<snip>

You need to learn how to use the statistics tool on the main page then.  I haven't flown much recently, but I have flown.  It seems that when the undereducated can no longer maintain the discussion in print, they resort to pictures.  If you take my adivice, however, I think you might do better if you learned to make your own cartoons, like Fugitive.     

MH

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »
Arlo and Shida +1

:rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
You need to learn how to use the statistics tool on the main page then.  I haven't flown much recently, but I have flown.  It seems that when the undereducated can no longer maintain the discussion in print, they resort to pictures. 

I shouldn't make assumptions about my education if I were you, you'll probably embarrass yourself. You've only GVed for the last two months according to the scoreboard. Hence your philosophy regarding GVs. Just bear in mind this is primarily an air combat game and as you can clearly see your views aren't widely shared. Getting nasty because you can't assert your argument won't go well for you on this board, you're far too serious.

If you take my adivice...

If I buy a tractor I'll be sure to ask for your advice.  :P

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
<snip>
Getting nasty because you can't assert your argument won't go well for you on this board, you're far too serious.
<snip>

You are in a poor position to whine about people being “nasty”, since your first post in this thread was a sarcastic one, and the others weren't much better.  You reap what you sow.  

MH

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:24:14 PM by TDeacon »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »
You are in a poor position to whine about people being “nasty”, since your first post in this thread was a sarcastic one.  You reap what you sow. 

Sarcasm and wit are quite closely connected in my culture. I'm not whining about people being nasty, bring it on if you want to go there.

Reap what I sow?  :rofl  The funniest outcome of this latest campaigning by tankers who want to be invincible is ironically likely to be a massive increase in bombing from those who normally abstain. Sow that acrophobia boy!  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »
I'm still giggling at "shizzle"  :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2013, 01:28:20 PM »
<deleted, because it was too mean; this is like clubbing baby seals ...>

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2013, 01:30:18 PM »
Guess HT could give a hangar option of 'tankbrella' (50 perks).

The matching purse would cost an extra ten.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
In view of the ever decreasing attendance and the resulting gameplay issues, any idea to further split up the numbers is a bad one in my opinion.

The way I see it, the GVers have already separated themselves from the rest of the arena when they go to the good spawnfest and sit there and plink at each other all day.  About the only downside to the separate arena I can see is it would show how many people are actually working with aircraft/combined arms versus how many are just sitting around 'furballing' in GV's.  I have a feeling that number might be a bit disheartening for some pilots, but only slightly less disheartening than logging into an arena showing 200 players and only seeing ~80 planes in the air.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
The way I see it, the GVers have already separated themselves from the rest of the arena when they go to the good spawnfest and sit there and plink at each other all day.  About the only downside to the separate arena I can see is it would show how many people are actually working with aircraft/combined arms versus how many are just sitting around 'furballing' in GV's.  I have a feeling that number might be a bit disheartening for some pilots, but only slightly less disheartening than logging into an arena showing 200 players and only seeing ~80 planes in the air.

Wiley.

Hey, it's better to have a GV subscriber than no subscriber.  And maybe some day they will branch out and fly planes, if not initially driven away by frustration.  Remember that anything done to excess can become boring. 

MH

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »
Hey, it's better to have a GV subscriber than no subscriber.  And maybe some day they will branch out and fly planes, if not initially driven away by frustration.  Remember that anything done to excess can become boring. 

MH

There are no GV subscribers. There are, however, Aces High II subscribers. The toys offered in Aces High include planes (fighters, bombers, attack planes), ground vehicles (tanks, tank destroyers, personnel carriers, jeeps), PT boats and even fleets. Some of the attack planes are modeled after historical aircraft that were purposefully built to destroy tanks. I find it an unusual aberration when a player has a dislike or phobia against enjoying the full depth of the game with all it has to offer. I'm not talking about flying planes if you prefer to drive a tank. I'm talking about wanting your tank experience to only be part of what the tanks being modeled experienced in WWII. There will be planes. Drive safely.  :D

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
There are no GV subscribers. There are, however, Aces High II subscribers.

Obviously, from context, I was referring to those who mostly or exclusively use GVs.  Since AH now advertises GVs as well as planes, some new subscribers may be interested only in the former.  But if we don't drive them away, they may later branch out into planes as well.  And vice versa. 

The toys offered in Aces High include planes (fighters, bombers, attack planes), ground vehicles (tanks, tank destroyers, personnel carriers, jeeps), PT boats and even fleets. Some of the attack planes are modeled after historical aircraft that were purposefully built to destroy tanks.

Right; and all these platforms are used in the normal arenas. The OP requested an *additional* GV-only arena. 

I find it an unusual aberration when a player has a dislike or phobia against enjoying the full depth of the game with all it has to offer.  I'm not talking about flying planes if you prefer to drive a tank. I'm talking about wanting your tank experience to only be part of what the tanks being modeled experienced in WWII. There will be planes. Drive safely.  <snip>

Arlo, this is just a game.  People play games where they pretend to be Wizards, or Dwarves, or Klingons.  It’s perfectly legitimate to want to do something with cartoon tanks which deviates from history (in a *separate* arena wrt to the OP of this thread).  Even more so, because AH never claimed to be an accurate model of WWII.  It’s a game with accurately modeled planes and GVs in it. 

MH
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:40:46 PM by TDeacon »