Author Topic: Generic GV icon seen from the air  (Read 1996 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Generic GV icon seen from the air
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
To your first point Isn't that what your suggesting? Don't ya want to force me not to bomb your perk tank?

Second point. I see tiger2s and panthers at spawn camps all the time usually high on a ridge where any normal tank ords just bounce off of them. Only way to cure that problem is with a 1000lb bomb. I gv at spawns that are camped all the time. I usually give up about 10 tanks and take a few with me.  :) Then the bombs come  :t

No, no statement was made to change anything that would force you to do anything. Just my opinion that where tanks are having a gv battle and no base is at stake and nothing can really be gained, stop being a lame arse and don't bomb them. IF there were an equivalent function that gvs could do like mid air spawn and shoot you while you are trying to get on someone's 6, then it'll be fair then. Until gv's fly there's no equivalency.  The closest anyone gets to this is wirbs, and seeing the recent threads, my ppl get the undies bunched.  I don't do that much camping anymore, but you were not a regular (all the time) when I did. I'll ask some of the dedicated gv'rs if you spawned in to break camps "all the time." One happens to be my squads CO.

Bomb away all you like if there's something at stake in the game. CraterMA TT is a prime example that flyboys refuse to allow gvrs to have their own place and yet they sob very loudly when taken down by wirbs. Peeps would rather spend ~12 mins to get to craterTT than to find a fight in the air.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
Make the icom very small like a real signal flag that was used to identify friendly tanks. Say the size of the top of the turret. a plane would have to get very close to be sure they were bombing enemy targets. To make it even better turn on friendly bomb damage so a friendly aircraft can kill his own tanks if he drops on them. Friendly fire is a part of war so why now have it in aces high too. If you don't want bombed take the time to go take out the ordnance at the offending air base, Problem solved.

Ord bunker 30mins downtime. One M3, reduce ord downtime by -10mins. 3 M3's problem solved.

Tank guy that took down ord bunker to have a gv fight, saw all of 5 mins without bomb****s.

So what really must be done is a strat run to ord factory before hand. Many of us don't have a lot of time to do this anymore and it's starting to feel like work.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:26:38 PM by RotBaron »

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »
I don't see any particular problem with this idea.

I don't think it would help all that much though.  I am not sure how many fliers target perk tanks over other tanks.
I dont even know which ones are the perked tanks. Frankly, I know only 3 types of vehicles: the kind with a big gun, the kind that shoot upwards at planes, and the kind that bring troops/supplies - beyond that I don't give a damn.

-1 just because this smells of "I want to play a tank game and planes bother me".

Stay away from air bases and I promise not to bomb you. Take as may V-bases as you want.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
And from the ground you should simply see "unknown aircraft".
Sounds good to me FLS since as in RL I can id an AC <as can anyone> flying far easier than a GV from the air .

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 04:21:34 PM »
I dont even know which ones are the perked tanks. Frankly, I know only 3 types of vehicles: the kind with a big gun, the kind that shoot upwards at planes, and the kind that bring troops/supplies - beyond that I don't give a damn.

-1 just because this smells of "I want to play a tank game and planes bother me".

Stay away from air bases and I promise not to bomb you. Take as may V-bases as you want.

Yes, but remember that HTC decided to add tanks to their air game.  That came first, then some of us tried GVs and found it interesting.  Can you blame us for wanting to improve GV gameplay? 

With respect to the part of your post which I have bold-faced above, if you don't care about VBases, why not support my 2 VBase circle ideas? 

MH

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
I think Im going to go back to bombing GVs.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
stop being a lame arse 

:t Good point and I will as soon as tigers stop camping spawns :rofl spawn camping tigers can expect my 1000lb bomb sir and I like it  :airplane:

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »
Um no. Nope.  Anything that degrades the ability to engage high threat targets is just ridiculous.  What's next? No icon 262's?  :rolleyes:

I'm sorry this would hurt your ability to get free kills... Geesh lay off the tankers and go fly your little plane

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
HT should add cheese bombs.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 03:45:28 PM »
:t Good point and I will as soon as tigers stop camping spawns :rofl spawn camping tigers can expect my 1000lb bomb sir and I like it  :airplane:

Tigers or King Tigers are the trouble for you?

King Tigers are really aren't a super beast that they're made out to be. I'm not the gv'r my squaddie bub is, but ask him, he'll tell you that a T34/85 will get the job done on one in a matter of a few spawns. If the KT decides to venture out where it might be taking shots from angles it ain't going to last long. Now if you're talking about a true camp, v85 or a couple of the other spots, question is are you bombing them 'cause you're frustrated and don't have the skill to break the camp, or 'cause you're just a total lame arse and don't like letting ppl do other things you don't like thus you feel the need to harass?  One is tantamount to a lower life form...

If you're speaking Tiger I's, than even lower form, as they may say they have more armour, but don't take hits any better than a Panther imo. If you can't kill a Tiger I without bombarsing, you really suck. 

Enjoy.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »
'cause you're just a total lame arse and don't like letting ppl do other things you don't like thus you feel the need to harass?  One is tantamount to a lower life form...

:rofl

why don't spawn campers let the spawners get off their spawn?  Why you harassing them by camping the spawn?

camping and vulching is the lowest life form in this game in my opinion.. however, you are free to do either, until someone stops you.

I also happen to think bombing gv's is unsporting (I always preferred IL2 or hurri D when I used to kill gv's).

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
:rofl

why don't spawn campers let the spawners get off their spawn?  Why you harassing them by camping the spawn?

There are ways  :devil

Funny thing is at the biggest "camp" in the game, there is a vbase right there and the drive to the battle ground is 3mins. Yet few use the base, and yet complain they can't get off the spawn... :rolleyes:

If ppl didn't spawn into v85 there wouldn't be a camp, so have to wonder, why do ppl continue to spawn in when they know they'll be instantly picked off?

Can't help helpless.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
If ppl didn't spawn into v85 there wouldn't be a camp, so have to wonder, why do ppl continue to spawn in when they know they'll be instantly picked off?

Can't help helpless.

apparently they bring bombs and kill the campers, though?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
If your not a big gver then why does it matter to you if I bomb the spawn camping tiger or panther?  You obviously have no clue what a camped spawn is if ya think you can get more than one shot off at any one tank. You also Don't have a clue about what it takes to shot and kill a Tiger, King Tiger, or panther from a greater distance than 2.5 out.  Those guys get pissed because they think they are safe in their perked tanks with supps next to them and whine the loudest when bombed as they should be. It's a aspect of Aces High they should learn to live with or get fighter cover. I quiet often provide said fighter cover for gv battles. And yes please ask bub about me and camped spawns hes well aware of me Gving at camped spawns.