Author Topic: "the last transport is away"  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
"the last transport is away"
« on: October 10, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »

Have to be at an AIRBASE that the town is WHITE FLAG and has ENEMY TROOPS ACTUALLY RUNNING.

So, you up a C-47, recommended to just kick the rudder and turn around on the runway, and take off out towards the trees.
Hopefully escape before the base is captured and the ack then shoots you down...
Next, the enemy MUST then capture the base...
Finally, you land at a friendly field, on pavement, drop the supplies, and exit. ACHIEVED!

The cargo load mini achievements:
1) A load of troops.
2) A load of vehicle supplies.
3) A load of field supplies.
Get all three in any order, separate occasions, and you get the achievement "The last transport is away."
ADD SOME SPICE? ANYTHING YOU LEAVE WITH IS 'FRESHLY DOWN' FOR THE CAPTURING TEAM... unless they kill you then it instantly comes back up?

The idea is that you would probably need help to escape, yeah, some friendly fighter cover clearing YOU for YOU to get the achievement... imagine that!

Video of the first base capture that most of us probably ever saw!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASr5-mS238
(only reeeally need to watch the first minute of it!)

Or call it the 'stole Leia' achievement?  :lol

*Editing again: Kill a transport (c47) doing this, and get the achievement "Our first catch of the day!"
(and really the only line in the film is "the FIRST transport is away"...)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:17:09 PM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
Re: "the last transport is away"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »
so....this is the IM running away achievement??   if you are at a base with a white flag, the field supps would be useless...the vehicle supps would be to resupp friendlies defending base or town...so why not drop them...weather the base is captured or not...troops could be useful for a retake.....i dont get your wish......the base is under attack,it is white flag,the enemy is attacking and trying to take......instead of upping an aircraft...in this case a bomber(we will assume the fh and vh are down) to strafe or bomb enemy troops or other enemies....you suggest taking off in a gooney bird with a cargo destined for some other base....and running away.     NO

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »
so....this is the IM running away achievement??   if you are at a base with a white flag, the field supps would be useless...the vehicle supps would be to resupp friendlies defending base or town...so why not drop them...weather the base is captured or not...troops could be useful for a retake.....i dont get your wish......the base is under attack,it is white flag,the enemy is attacking and trying to take......instead of upping an aircraft...in this case a bomber(we will assume the fh and vh are down) to strafe or bomb enemy troops or other enemies....you suggest taking off in a gooney bird with a cargo destined for some other base....and running away.     NO

This OP has a habit of achievement suggestions which are based on achieving nothing.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 03:42:07 AM »
must be from the "everybody is a winner" generation...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
OMG, its called 'scorched earth.' Never heard of it?
Anytime that an army is backing up, giving up LAND, for any reason... usually they take what they can carry, and destroy the rest so nothing is left for their advancing opponent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth  <--- a source!
Most famous for Stalin burning everything as the Wehrmacht advanced...

New rules since 1977,
The strategy of destroying the food supply of the civilian population in an area of conflict has been banned under Article 54 of Protocol I of the 1977 Geneva Conventions. The relevant passage says:

It is prohibited to attack, destroy, remove, or render useless objects indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as foodstuffs, agricultural areas for the production of foodstuffs, crops, livestock, drinking water installations and supplies, and irrigation works, for the specific purpose of denying them for their sustenance value to the civilian population or to the adverse Party, whatever the motive, whether in order to starve out civilians, to cause them to move away, or for any other motive.[2]

IN GAME:
When evacuating a base, yes how about flying out what you can, and destroy the rest... HTC may or may not have all this modeled in yet, but one day, it could make the game more interesting in the details department. As the achievement suggests: fly a loaded c47 out of a base carrying stuff.
I can see that this might upset the guys that haven't given up yet, but hey, if troops are running!...

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
scorched earth doesn't make your idea any brighter and we don't "evacuate" bases in ah...
jarhed  

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
...'brighter' is opinion, but u said 'bright'... do u think I'm 'bright'... WHY THANK YOU gyrene81, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  :D
Now I have something to write home about... "mommy! I am bright!"  :lol

And correct, we don't "evacuate" bases in ah... maybe we should? ... but this is up to HTC. I'm only suggesting!.
Flying transports out of a doomed base, just before a base gets captured (while troops are running) is the VERY LEAST WE COULD DO, WITHOUT EFFECTING NORMAL GAME PLAY. This might add some excitement to the 'bitter end'... rather than losing side just go up at another SAFER base?

Have a nice day!  ;)

(wanders off with a grin on face saying "i'm bright! yay me!") 

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 05:58:41 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:47:14 AM by Skuzzy »
jarhed