Author Topic: CV ACK!!!  (Read 2199 times)

Offline trymee

• Zinc Member
CV ACK!!!
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
Seriously????? @ 20000ft above 209 my base and  Im getting slammed by ack from enemy cv that's literally 5 miles off shore,,,, that's just ridiculous,,,, shot me down, not just damage, I was obliterated,,, never in any other sims do you get that many accurate ack hits at that height, from a cv that far away. If that's the norm,,,, I will stay away from the mains and only fly with my squad if they fly the scenarios..... Rant over,,,,,,
Menacing Ferrets

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: CV ACK!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
If losing a plane every now and then by CV ack is sufficient to drive you away from the main...

... your frustration tolerance is even less than mine, which I always thought being almost impossible  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline trymee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:20:01 PM »
I was high fighting 2 f6fs and an f4u, staying high above all 3,,,,, I had already got damaged from the ack b4 the encounter with them, but as soon as I start engaging them the ack from cv 5 miles away lit me up hitting me like 5 times. oil all over widscreen and dead engine instantly,,,, that's just bs! No ill will towards the 3 fighters, not their fault or doing. But seriously it needs toned down if that's the norm. :bhead
Menacing Ferrets

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
The best course of action to avoid CV ack is to fly level bombers straight at it.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:22 PM »
I was high fighting 2 f6fs and an f4u, staying high above all 3,,,,, I had already got damaged from the ack b4 the encounter with them, but as soon as I start engaging them the ack from cv 5 miles away lit me up hitting me like 5 times. oil all over widscreen and dead engine instantly,,,, that's just bs! No ill will towards the 3 fighters, not their fault or doing. But seriously it needs toned down if that's the norm. :bhead

Actually, I believe it already HAS been toned down from what it was. Not only that, there is considerably less puffy than what there normally would be realistically (if I am not mistaken.)

I understand your frustration, most of us have been there at one point or another.   The puffy only starts targeting you if you are over 3,000 ft when you are within it's range.

The best course of action to avoid CV ack is to fly level bombers straight at it.  :)

Unless I'm in the 5in, then you better just stay away entirely :)

Tinkles
<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Get in a buff. It does nothing to them lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
I'm always amazed when people complain about being shot down by CV auto puffy ack.  I've been on AH since version 1.0 and I have only been shot down by CV ack once, and that was my own CV.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »
I'm always amazed when people complain about being shot down by CV auto puffy ack.  I've been on AH since version 1.0 and I have only been shot down by CV ack once, and that was my own CV.

About 3 times for me.     :lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
About 3 times for me.     :lol

That's only because you're always IN the guns.  :D
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:27 AM »
What's really obnoxious is, as in the OP's complaint, when the CV gets close enough to an enemy base that the puffy ack is over the defenders' field or town. That's just silly. The CV plotting routine should reject any course plot that comes within 6 miles or so of an enemy field or town.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 05:01:43 AM »
What's really obnoxious is, as in the OP's complaint, when the CV gets close enough to an enemy base that the puffy ack is over the defenders' field or town. That's just silly. The CV plotting routine should reject any course plot that comes within 6 miles or so of an enemy field or town.

I don't think a cv should come any closer than dar ring.  And even I find THAT too close.  But until we get invasion type task forces or unless they recode the CV's to allow spawning of LVT's from so far out, it's just not possible.  That part of the complaint I can understand.

Now the complaint about being shot down for flying in ack is a different issue.  If you fly in the ack, expect to get greased.  If you don't want it to happen, stay out of it.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 05:10:57 AM »
I get completely annihilated by puffy ack the very second I pop over 3K every single time.  :(

Why am I not allowed to climb to the bad guys circling our base at 5K? It gets pretty bad when the attacking team bring the cv so close to the shoreline that it becomes an ack battle. The defending team circles over their field and town ack because they can't go any further without cv ack destroying them, and the attacking team circles their cv ack because they don't want to go near the airfield and town ack.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 06:31:13 AM »
My frustration peak when you are flying :

1 At 7k flying from a off-front field to defend the field you will have on the other side of that mountain.
2 have no vis of the carrier, behind that same mountain
3 blow up in the first barrage from that CV.

To me its kinda .... strange....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 06:32:55 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline trymee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 07:38:18 AM »
I don't think a cv should come any closer than dar ring.  And even I find THAT too close.  But until we get invasion type task forces or unless they recode the CV's to allow spawning of LVT's from so far out, it's just not possible.  That part of the complaint I can understand.

Now the complaint about being shot down for flying in ack is a different issue.  If you fly in the ack, expect to get greased.  If you don't want it to happen, stay out of it.
I wasn't flying in ack myself, I was defending a field " 209" I was 20000ft, cv was 5 miles offshore, Im directly above my base, so technically that ship was atleast 6 to 7 miles from me and hitting me like it was a mile away :bhead
I get completely annihilated by puffy ack the very second I pop over 3K every single time.  :(

Why am I not allowed to climb to the bad guys circling our base at 5K? It gets pretty bad when the attacking team bring the cv so close to the shoreline that it becomes an ack battle. The defending team circles over their field and town ack because they can't go any further without cv ack destroying them, and the attacking team circles their cv ack because they don't want to go near the airfield and town ack.
exactly and that's exactly what this attacking force did
Menacing Ferrets

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 07:45:13 AM »
CV acid is better but still over modeled.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton