Author Topic: Better haptics  (Read 3465 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Better haptics
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »
Stall was removed? Trim was removed? Really? The only thing removed was the vibration you complained about.

The only bug you went on about in my old FFB thread was the reversal bug which I already addressed in this thread. I also explained in this thread why you don't feel the trim forces with a G-940.  That's why I pointed out that you're ignoring everything I write here.

The G-940 becomes harder to move with speed, as it should, unless it has the latest firmware, as I already mentioned. I explained this 3 years ago and again in this thread. That's a hardware problem that HTC cannot fix. You can't expect them to waste their time just because you don't get that.

The only thing missing from Aces High FFB is the pre-stall vibration that you convinced them to remove. Before you complain again that I don't know what I'm talking about or I'm standing in the way of progress try rereading what I wrote. Slowly.

You've been wrong, rude, and insulting for 3 years now, all because I asked you once not to go off topic in my FFB thread with the unrelated reversal bug.

Yes stall slider was removed in clipboard/options/controls/force feedback. It is gone replaced by stall buffet and high speed buffet.Stop with the bs FLS . Read pumas reply to me about buffet. You wanted a vibration when there is no vibration in the airframe. You want it to vibrate when the stall horn sounds before the airframe vibrates.That is how it used to work and it felt like rocks as per the analogy. Problem is you are still on asphalt and you feel rocks. Plenty of other problems with that I don't want to rehash. Every FFB stick I have used has been exactly the same in FFB effects. Sidewinder effects Same as G940 same as Wingman Force . If you read PUMA's reply to me. I want exactly what he describes. I want pebbles , rocks , boulders. What we have is rocks. All we ever had is rocks where I set my FFB settings. I could turn buffet down and have pebbles I guess . It wont start until the plane hits rocks. Same with boulders, it will start as soon as we hit rocks. I want pebbles when I hit pebbles . I want rocks when I hit rocks. I want boulders when I hit boulders. FLS you are self centered. You want it wrong because you liked it wrong. If they could have stall and buffet separate. I would not care . Be wrong and enjoy . I will disable stall and no harm done. Maybe you can go somewhere and ask for that. Put stall back in simple. Everyone but you can disable stall . Quit asking me to want it wrong. I just want my pebbles rocks and boulders. Puma did the best job of explaining what I want that I ever heard. FLS you remember the guys name that was the voice that got it changed. It was never me. I tried for years. He did it in weeks. No problem there he is a pilot . I am not. I wish you would give me that name so when I am telling this story I can use the handles of the two guys that have been involved in this discussion . That are real pilots that helped me. Puma for his very clear explanations and analogies. The other guy for the sheer joy when he so politely told you . I was right all those and by extension these years and you have been the proud champion of I could not be more wrong if I tried. I was mistaken about trim I just never use it. Might be because I am learning what it is supposed to feel like. All I have ever talked about is buffet that I wanted. Quit trying to say I convinced them. I did not and you know it. You are so anal about what you want you dis rail every conversation there ever is about it. Let me ask you a question. Do you think I have paid my debt to the community for being ignorant about BBS etiquette and going off topic in your thread ? I know someone with such stellar manors like you has never been new to anything and made an error. If you look closely at the same time I was resurrecting dead threads to. Pardon me for failing to be perfect like you are. I will try to avoid petulant and contrary and childish as well. Did YOU read that slow enough to see sarcasm at any point. I had to delete 7 sentences FLS because I do not want this thread locked. I am not one of the cool kids in here. I really enjoy guys like Puma and NrShida. With them it is a discussion to learn. All you want to do is win. The problem is you want to blame me because something was fixed. One last thing here is a quote from you "The G-940 becomes harder to move with speed, as it should, unless it has the latest firmware, as I already mentioned. I explained this 3 years ago and again in this thread. That's a hardware problem that HTC cannot fix. You can't expect them to waste their time just because you don't get that. " Are you sure about that ? Are you sure that G940 does not become harder to move as you accelerate with new firmware ? Might want to try that out with some different settings in game and OUT just as I have tried to tell you before. It works as you describe for more than me. Just not very well. Guess what FLS . That to is the same no matter what FFB stick used.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:28:49 PM by hlbly »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
No sliders were removed or added. High speed buffet was never part of the stall. If you knew anything about stalls you wouldn't have posted this 3 weeks ago.

We dop not have accelerated stalls in here correct ? What causes them ? How do you recover from one ?

When you stall at more than 1G it's an accelerated stall. They're caused by pulling too much pitch. You recover by pulling less.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:27:57 PM by FLS »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »
No sliders were removed or added. High speed buffet was never part of the stall. If you knew anything about stalls you wouldn't have posted this 3 weeks ago.

Really so it is your position that the FFB in game control sliders are exactly the same as when you liked the FFB model ? That there was never a slider labeled "Stall" just the word stall ? That there never was a slider labeled just "Buffet". Is that what you are saying ? If I show you a screen shot that clearly has those will you leave me alone forever ? Will you stay out of every FFB thread posted as long as I am a member of this board ? If the sliders are not there I will stay out of every FFB thread as long as you are a member . Nor will I ever start one again.  Want to wager 6 months of AH2 while we are at it ? My position is that there was a slider labeled buffet and only buffet. There was a slider labeled stall and only stall .How about it put your money where your mouth is ? Look I ain't greedy. I would just be absolutely tickled with just the first part of the wager.If either of us start a thread the loser stays out of it. Any thread that is about FFB the loser stays out of no matter who starts it. Loser does not get to start any FFB threads. :x :x :x :x :x

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
I'd say the sliders were renamed for clarity which is not the same as being removed and added.

I was mistaken about trim I just never use it.

Progress!   :D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:07:09 PM by FLS »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
I'd say the sliders were renamed for clarity which is not the same as being removed and added.

Well you would wouldn't you. I mean if you were seen to be wrong your head might explode or something.

This thread is now a tragedy. Did it jump or was it pushed I'm wondering.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
I got one of my G940s out of storage and hooked it up. It seems to work just like I said it did.  :lol

If the stall buffet interferes with riding the edge just turn it down.  :aok

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:08 PM »

Progress!   :D
Removed to avoid lock
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:16:54 AM by hlbly »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 11:46:34 PM »
I got one of my G940s out of storage and hooked it up. It seems to work just like I said it did.  :lol

If the stall buffet interferes with riding the edge just turn it down.  :aok

Okay FLS once again you try to obscure or deflect. Ignore what you do not like. Read Puma post . Problem is you are wrong. I have my G940 set up it does work just as I said. Not as you state. Once again you could not be more wrong.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »

Progress!   :D
Not fair you are debating someone who is honest FLS . I am not. Quit crayfishing . There used to be a slider labeled stall it was connected to the stall horn. It is gone. No other word works other than removed. There was never an effect labeled stall buffet. Nothing else works other than added. You said nothing added nothing removed. My God man have some strength of conviction.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16:02 AM »
When you said there were no trim forces I assumed your stick couldn't produce them. I didn't know you just never turned them on. I haven't tried the porked firmware in 3 years but I recall the trim forces not being the noticeable. If yours works there's half your wish granted!  :aok

If you have a slider called "buffet" that adjusts high speed buffet, and a slider called "stall" that adjusts stall buffet, and you replace them with a slider called "high speed buffet" that adjusts high speed buffet , and a slider called "stall buffet" that adjusts stall buffet, then you really haven't removed and added sliders, you've just renamed the sliders you already had.

The vibration concurrent with the stall horn was part of the "stall" slider that also adjusted the stall buffet. It was removed at the time the sliders were renamed. This is a matter of record not opinion.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »

Progress!   :D
FLS if it is just a case of renamed for clarity why are we debating. Nothing is different just more clear. Whew debate over  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2013, 12:23:56 AM »
When you said there were no trim forces I assumed your stick couldn't produce them. I didn't know you just never turned them on. I haven't tried the porked firmware in 3 years but I recall the trim forces not being the noticeable. If yours works there's half your wish granted!  :aok

If you have a slider called "buffet" that adjusts high speed buffet, and a slider called "stall" that adjusts stall buffet, and you replace them with a slider called "high speed buffet" that adjusts high speed buffet , and a slider called "stall buffet" that adjusts stall buffet, then you really haven't removed and added sliders, you've just renamed the sliders you already had.

The vibration concurrent with the stall horn was part of the "stall" slider that also adjusted the stall buffet. It was removed at the time the sliders were renamed. This is a matter of record not opinion.

It had nothing to do with buffet. Do you have any idea how FFB works ? It was related to stall horn . Nothing to do with buffet. Try again. "It was removed" pretty much says it all . your confusion must be due to the fact stall horn was still blaring when the buffet is going on. Right ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:25:49 AM by hlbly »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2013, 01:59:24 AM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:03:15 AM by hlbly »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:44 AM »
Can't figure this out but here it is.

What part are you having trouble with? As you can see it's the same setup we have now with the bottom 2 sliders now having less ambiguous names. The vibration was on the stall slider with the stall buffet. It worked like Puma44 said it should work but it wasn't specific to the Mustang, it was generalized for all the aircraft which in reality all have different stall characteristics. The stall buffet is at CLmax and gives you that very useful information. The vibration that preceded it also was useful like the stall buzzer. The stall buzzer isn't modeled because every WW2 aircraft had one. The stall buzzer makes up for the lack of G loading when you sit in front of your PC and "fly". The vibration did the same thing with haptics. It makes the experience of flying on your PC better because it helps make up for the missing sensory feedback you get in a real aircraft.

Try setting the Logitech driver to 100%. Do not check spring centering.
Set AH trim to 100%
Set AH Damage, Weapons, and Guns to 10%
Set AH Stall Buffet and High Speed Buffet to 25%

That will give you the benefit of the effects without interfering with flying or shooting.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Wow a complete lack of anything honest in all your posts. Let's make it simple. You will not stand by your words . Check. You do not want to bet. Check. Now we have that out of the way we can let it go. Let's talk about what the post is about . I want my pebbles , rocks , and boulders. In other words . I want it how it should be. Stay focused here FLS. Pebbles , rocks,boulders.