Author Topic: Better haptics  (Read 3427 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Better haptics
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 01:32:47 AM »
A truly heroic piece of goalpost moving in this thread FLS. More winning than Charlie Sheen  :lol

Perhaps you didn't patronise him.

Do you have anything useful to add to this thread, or are you just here to run your mouth & troll as usual?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 01:37:53 AM »
Do you have anything useful to add to this thread, or are you just here to run your mouth & troll as usual?

How is it possible to add anything useful. FLS has ensured this thread has been derailed from the start with a years old grudge over a misunderstanding on his part.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 01:38:58 AM »
or are you just here to run your mouth & troll as usual?

Oh yeah, bite me while you're about it.
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
What your link actually shows is the confusion caused by the old slider labels which is why they were renamed. That's why my last comment in that link is that I forgot about the high speed buffet.

You might also note that Baumer and I had a civil conversation.
The last post made by Baumer shows how hard it was to remain polite with you . Note the sarcasm engage.

From Baumer in reply to FLS    "I'm sorry I didn't mean to confuse anyone by using terms I thought were interchangeable. So I will work harder on being clear and concise going forward.

Here are the points that I am trying to make clear.

1.) Prior to the onset of the stall shake on screen in Aces High (with or without force feedback) there should be no vibration/shudder/rumble/buffet in the force feedback system. This is due to the fact that there is no separation of airflow prior to stall shake on screen.

2.) Once the stall shake occurs on screen in Aces High, the stall slider should control that force.

3.) The stall shake on screen in Aces High is different then the stall speed that you would find in a manual. This is due to the fact that in Aces High the stall shake on screen happens the moment any single point on the wing is stalled.

I hope that helps make my opinion more clear about making FFB work more accurately."

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
Ranger this thread has been derailed from the beginning. It was about making the stall buffet better in FFB. Years ago I found a bug in the system while trying to figure out how to say the stall buffet was wrong. At first I just knew it felt wrong compared to other sims I had flown. During my research while playing with settings I found the bug. Before posting I also found out how it should work. So now armed with a cogent well thought out argument I posted. Every thread I started every one about ffb I entered. I was soon assaulted by FLS and his cheerleaders. My only progress, HTC acknowledged the bug. Nothing was done to fix it or the incorrect stall buffet no matter what I tried thanks a great deal,I suspect, to FLS . Things remained the same for years until a guy named Baumer showed up . A retired Navy pilot and someone like Puma had flown some of the planes in the game. He basically said I was right and FLS and crew were wrong. Few days later FFB bug and stall error were fixed. Did this stop FLS from trolling ? Well look at this thread and you decide. What really cracks me up is when FLS tells NrShida he does not know what he is talking about. NrShida did a university paper on haptics. I believe while going to school for programming. FLS has a superiority complex when it comes to me. No doubt due to education. The line in my signature is a quote from a West Point graduate that was my platoon leader. He was talking to an ROTC graduate about listening to me when in the field. It is there in direct response to how I used to let FLS make me feel. Call it trolling if you will but if you read all the threads where FLS comes to derail them. You will note he just "moves the goal post" when he is wrong in a statement. A perfect example is his statement about how he and Baumer had a civilized  conversation. It went slightly sarcastic on Baumer's side. Went no further because Baumer refused to debate him any more.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
A truly heroic piece of goalpost moving in this thread FLS. More winning than Charlie Sheen  :lol

Perhaps you didn't patronise him.

Oh he did. You will note if you go back to the linked thread FLS was his usual charming self. Baumer got quite sarcastic with him. It is SOP for FLS and he is just moving the goalpost again.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »
Hlbly when you loaded an old version of Aces High you just took a screenshot of the sliders. Nobody disagrees that the sliders were renamed. Why didn't you check their function? You argued that the buffet slider did nothing. Why not confirm that? Confirm that it doesn't control the high speed buffet. Why not confirm that the stall slider doesn't turn down the stall buffet?  So far your evidence has just illustrated my explanations. Take the next step. 

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »
Wow Really why would I need to do that ? Doing that is how I discovered the bug that the buffet slider controlled nothing. What a tool you are . Does Harley Davidson know you are making their product the object of derision by claiming it ? Everyone knows a compensator like you can't ride a bike.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
I'm not getting the Harley reference. When I was racing it wasn't on a Harley.

What you would learn is that the buffet slider controls the high speed buffet.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »
Wow, you two are still going at each other?  How about taking a deep breath, relax, and let it go.  It appears you're never going to agree, so why not agree that the other guy is wrong and mosey on to something else.   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 05:02:55 PM »
Wow, you two are still going at each other?  How about taking a deep breath, relax, and let it go.  It appears you're never going to agree, so why not agree that the other guy is wrong and mosey on to something else.   :salute

Don't be impatient. Hlbly has already learned one thing. Two to go.  :D

I just hope the Harley reference wasn't about my avatar.  :lol

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 07:25:13 PM »

Good, at least you're smiling   :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »

The only thing I have learned is you do not learn. That and well some women should unhinge their jaw and swallow some children whole.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:46 PM »
The only thing I have learned is you do not learn...

What you learned so far, is that trim is already a part of the FFB. There are more lessons to come.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
What you learned so far, is that trim is already a part of the FFB. There are more lessons to come.

Looks to me like you are learning as you go along too. Only you are being less honest about it and implying you already know everything.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0