Author Topic: Tired of getting discoed...  (Read 391 times)

Offline 2old2fly

• Zinc Member
Tired of getting discoed...
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:19:51 PM »
Well, chunked another 258 points, not because of me, but AH discoed me again. Flying a flight of B29s for the better part of half hour or more and chalking up points, turn on my final target and blip....discoed. Try to get back in and I get a message about a firewall. It takes me four of five tries to get back in before I lose it all and I can't connect! When I get back in, I'm told I bailed out and 258 points are gone! Its happening more and more and I realize your pretty cheap entertainment, but what gives. :furious

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tired of getting discoed...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:40:16 AM »
if you're getting a message about a firewall, it's not the game, it's on your computer or router.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:27:41 AM »
The game only disconnects when it can no longer talk to the server.  This is usually indicative of something interfering with network communications.  It can range from some security software on your computer to any router between you and the Internet causing the problem.

It can also be your local router needing to be power cycled.

The best place to find out where the problem might be is to start with a Ping Plot (www.pingplotter.com free version at bottom of the download page) and run it to 71.252.137.149.  It will show a graphic representation of the path the data packets take to the game server and possibly any anomalies along the way.

If the data does not make any sense to you, feel free to post it here (as an image), or save the data as text (Ping Plotter can do that) and email that data to me.  Happy to review it for you.

In the meantime, make sure you disable any anti-xxx software, try power cycling your router (assuming you are behind one).

The message you are getting about a firewall, from the game, means the game cannot establish any type of network connectivity.  This is a pretty hard failure.  A browser is not going to show this problem as they do not depend on real-time connections in order to run.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 2old2fly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »
Thanks I'll take a look into all of your suggestions.