Author Topic: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating  (Read 6244 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 06:31:57 AM »
The problem with increasing the size of spawns is that the SPs on all the MA maps would have to be checked and maybe moved to avoid the spawn areas overlapping water or a steep slope. There are hundreds of spawns on some maps so it would be a lot of work. However HTC could add a large SP object to the terrain editor to allow future maps to have larger SPs.

One way to help balance spawn camping would be if the spawnee was invisible to enemy players until he either moved or fired. Maybe allow him to aim his gun. That would at least let him look round, spot the campers and get a first shot in. He could also wait until team mates spawned in and get them to all open fire together. The possibility of being shot at almost immediately a tank appeared would make camping a riskier proposition. The camper(s) would still have the range to the SP zeroed in but it would be less unfair than what we have now.

Another way of doing it might be to have that a  GV doesnt spawn in within a certain radius of enemy players
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:41 AM »
When you see people land 80-90 GV kills in a sortie it's a clear indication (at least to me) that the system has failed. They're not achieved through combat but by sitting at the spawn waiting for cannon fodder.

I hold the cannon fodder accountable ...

Can't make lemonade without lemons or lemon juice...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 05:58:33 AM »
I hold the cannon fodder accountable ...

Can't make lemonade without lemons or lemon juice...

No, the person who unfairly takes advantage of a weakness in gameplay is the one who is to be blamed.

You don't go around defending people who glitch themselves inside a wall so they can shoot others without being in danger themselves, do you? Spawn camping is pretty much similar to that, finding a weakness and exploiting it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 06:47:45 AM »
No, the person who unfairly takes advantage of a weakness in gameplay is the one who is to be blamed.

You don't go around defending people who glitch themselves inside a wall so they can shoot others without being in danger themselves, do you? Spawn camping is pretty much similar to that, finding a weakness and exploiting it.

If the same guy keeps spawning and getting his arse shot off, I blame him.

There are a large variety of other gameplay options available.  Continuing to spawn again, using the same spawn point is a choice.  Unlike most FPS games, there is more than one way and place to play.

I never seem to find myself getting spawn-camped.  Then again, if I realize the spawn is camped, I choose to stop spawning there.

It's not complicated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfGA6I1HOs
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »
If the same guy keeps spawning and getting his arse shot off, I blame him.

Yes and when there are cheaters on server you can always just log off and find another one, right? It's never the cheaters fault.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
Yes and when there are cheaters on server you can always just log off and find another one, right? It's never the cheaters fault.

:huh
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 10:47:11 AM »
Gaming the game aka spawn camping is indeed very lame and spoils game immersion. It's a game design flaw to have predictable spawn points that can be camped and sitting there is no different from finding a wall glitch in FPS which lets you shoot others from inside the wall but they can't shoot you back.

Oh but they can and do shoot back.

Breaking camps is also a skill to be learned. Even at V85 it can be done.

The one that a lot seem to overlook is on Baltic, A1/A63 iirc, now that is one that is hard to break without help, of course all this depends on how much well it's camped. How well could = whom it is that is camping or how many of them there are.

Been taking a break because of RL/time available, but I'll see you at the aforementioned soon  :devil
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »

That is not even a close comparison. My spawn is right next to their spawn. I get killed, I reup. They get killed, they reup. If people werent so worried about scores, most gv battle spawns would be great. But instead, if there is another tank there, people are affraid to come back.

If I up into a camped spawn, I keep coming back, I don't chicken out. And if its so heavily camped that I die before I even load multiple times, I go grab a b29 or lanc or mossy 16 and bomb the little bastages at the front, bail (except in a b29)... and then I return in the tank. Otherwise, I try and bring more armor in.

Its funny how you seem to think that once a spawn is camped, it can not be broken. Some of the best battles I have ever had in the last 7 years playing this game came from running a nicely staffed mission into a spawn battle. When that is done, a even battle can errupt and last for hours!
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
Some of the best GV fights in the game start of as spawn camps!
And so e don't
Flying since tour 71.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »
That is not even a close comparison. My spawn is right next to their spawn. I get killed, I reup. They get killed, they reup. If people werent so worried about scores, most gv battle spawns would be great. But instead, if there is another tank there, people are affraid to come back.

If I up into a camped spawn, I keep coming back, I don't chicken out. And if its so heavily camped that I die before I even load multiple times, I go grab a b29 or lanc or mossy 16 and bomb the little bastages at the front, bail (except in a b29)... and then I return in the tank. Otherwise, I try and bring more armor in.

Its funny how you seem to think that once a spawn is camped, it can not be broken. Some of the best battles I have ever had in the last 7 years playing this game came from running a nicely staffed mission into a spawn battle. When that is done, a even battle can errupt and last for hours!

Going home with 100 kills is just laughable. No wonder nobody takes ah gvs seriously.