Author Topic: Which is the best Squad in AH?  (Read 12300 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Which is the best Squad in AH?
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »
Name names man!!!
Slash, asking a lot from memory; Fester, Sads, Hlbly, Irishone, Kappa, Scotch, Skyrock, Grizz, Sunbatt, Sunsfan.

Debrody,

You left because I was recruiting people you didn't know, and it was making you uncomfortable. (as per your pm)
As for the others, (Zach and Latrobe aside) they had a similar issue, the people I was recruiting weren't elite enough for their standards of elitism.
I wouldn't stand for their will being imposed on me, I refused their want for control over who I gave a chance to.
So off they went claiming I was tyrannical leader as a cover over their snobbery.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
*sigh*

It would be so much easier if all forum members (except Zoney) were issued this during account activation...

Some need this as well....

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:49:02 PM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
It's hard for me to pick a "best" as esp. recently with numbers down like they are, there may be only 2 or 3 members of a squad flying at any given time. 

I know the Claim Jumpers pull some nice numbers together.  Lots of the FB's and CH's are good folks.  A bunch of the AK's flew cover for a 49thFG bomber mission last weekend, that was fun.  There a lots of good squads out there  :salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
*sigh*

It would be so much easier if all forum members (except Zoney) were issued this during account activation...

(Image removed from quote.)

Some need this as well....

(Image removed from quote.)

common "who's best" threads would be boring without a little drama in them... :)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
Nuke: those use to find a fair fight to be stupid who either dont like it or cant win it. You might be a bit of both. Dont let me wrong, you can still fly much better than 80% of the MA. But what ever interests you, what you find fun in, its your money, your life. People are different and thats why life is wonderful.

Dolby: if you really think that, thats shocking and sad. Some day you will understand, its not about the known ACM, its about the willing: see what Valen turned into, from a joker to a great fight. Its all about the personalities you have recruited - noone likes to be handled as a step-child in his own squad, especially when he considers himself a founding member. Is it your standard defending mechanism, when 6 are saying the same thing, all the 6 are wrong, snob and egoist, but only you are right? Consider this, open your eyes... please. You were very different from this, just a year ago.
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
Deb, are you saying your PM was a lie? I suppose I must have had my eyes shut to your deceit.
Valen is exactly why I gave people a chance.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »
Valen was respectful and friendly.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
The only ex muppet in bks is stang, and he was on a super secret spy mission to uncover the depths of the tranny underworld.  He does all our "dirty" work.

Lazer was too.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
For those of you who have asked me to reply and also  for those giving the nod to JG11 - Thank you - it is appreciated and more so due to the nature of the unit, and the restrictions and particulars involved in being a member of the Sonderstaffel.  So for the sacrifices my guys have made over the years and their dedication to our mission - We Thank you.

‘Best’ of course is completely subjective.  And I think Ammo is just having a bit of fun with this thread, but as mentioned above, I’ll give my thoughts here for the sake of those offering theirs.  Guys new to the game may have yet to even hear of some of the squads mentioned here, and time in game, personal interest, and personal recognition of what makes a ‘best’ anything…is always particular to the individual.

Now, when I came to the game in 2005, 4 squadrons stood out as those who were dominating the airspace of AH.

The Arabian Knights, The Blue Knights, The Army of Muppets, and the 56th Fighter Group.  One of these units alone could tie up an entire map, and many have been the times these units simply dominated the game play.  There were and are, and always will be other excellent units as well, but those 4 made an impression on me for the following reason:

They gave a new player, and a new CO a fair shake.

Guys like (AKDog and AKWxman - AK’s)  - ( Xargos, Steve, M00t - AoM) - (Nomde, Yucca, - 56th) and (Slapshot, Killnu, Karaya - BK’s) and others too, all gave me a shot when I was just the latest Luftnoob to create another Jag.  Helpful, supportive and excellent role models, I looked at all these squads and what made them ‘Best’ to me…and tried to incorporate as much as I could from them, into my own efforts at building a ‘Best’ Squadron.  For these reasons the above will always be the Greatest Squadrons in AH of all time - to this player.

Now all things change.  Squads not only come and go…but ebb and flow as well, as far as memberships, goals, active game time, level of presence…etc…etc…

My MA time is not what it used to be, and having never been a base capturing type, I base my opinions on other factors outside of this bucket.  Fighter performance, teamwork, mission success rate, and behavior both in game and here on the bbs.  I can only really base an opinion on actions taking place in the Friday Night Squadron Operations Arena…as that is where I focus my attention and efforts, and measure my peers from as well. Not only…is it where the real squadron abilities can be showcased, to succeed a squad must exhibit certain qualities and skills that I value over those needed to succeed in the MA.  Again…this is my opinion and m/o…and doesn’t mean it should be anyone else’s or is necessarily the only, or correct one.

There are many good squadrons in FSO and in the game.  If I was forced to pick just one…and erased everything in my mind except present day performance and success rates…I would choose from the perspective of the most challenging and difficult foemen I have faced on Friday nights the last few years.

This Squadron would be - G3-MF.

<S>

Thank you sir!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
Lazer was too.

Yes. Yes he was.

How is it I know this yet a member of his current squad does not?  :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
He must have left it out of his resume.

there is a very rigid process , resume submitted (with references) , psych test , 2 rounds of interviews , trial period

something must have gone astray with this one.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »
that, or apparently I don't care as much as they do.

but, as I stated, lazs will, as acting disciplinary officer, administer harsh punishment.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »
I miss the FDB's (Fat Drunk Bastards).... If they made a triumphant return to AH right now I think they would have a field day. :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »
I miss the FDB's (Fat Drunk Bastards).... If they made a triumphant return to AH right now I think they would have a field day. :)

always enjoyed those fools
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
For those of you who have asked me to reply and also  for those giving the nod to JG11 - Thank you - it is appreciated and more so due to the nature of the unit, and the restrictions and particulars involved in being a member of the Sonderstaffel.  So for the sacrifices my guys have made over the years and their dedication to our mission - We Thank you.

‘Best’ of course is completely subjective.  And I think Ammo is just having a bit of fun with this thread, but as mentioned above, I’ll give my thoughts here for the sake of those offering theirs.  Guys new to the game may have yet to even hear of some of the squads mentioned here, and time in game, personal interest, and personal recognition of what makes a ‘best’ anything…is always particular to the individual.

Now, when I came to the game in 2005, 4 squadrons stood out as those who were dominating the airspace of AH.

The Arabian Knights, The Blue Knights, The Army of Muppets, and the 56th Fighter Group.  One of these units alone could tie up an entire map, and many have been the times these units simply dominated the game play.  There were and are, and always will be other excellent units as well, but those 4 made an impression on me for the following reason:

They gave a new player, and a new CO a fair shake.

Guys like (AKDog and AKWxman - AK’s)  - ( Xargos, Steve, M00t - AoM) - (Nomde, Yucca, - 56th) and (Slapshot, Killnu, Karaya - BK’s) and others too, all gave me a shot when I was just the latest Luftnoob to create another Jag.  Helpful, supportive and excellent role models, I looked at all these squads and what made them ‘Best’ to me…and tried to incorporate as much as I could from them, into my own efforts at building a ‘Best’ Squadron.  For these reasons the above will always be the Greatest Squadrons in AH of all time - to this player.

Now all things change.  Squads not only come and go…but ebb and flow as well, as far as memberships, goals, active game time, level of presence…etc…etc…

My MA time is not what it used to be, and having never been a base capturing type, I base my opinions on other factors outside of this bucket.  Fighter performance, teamwork, mission success rate, and behavior both in game and here on the bbs.  I can only really base an opinion on actions taking place in the Friday Night Squadron Operations Arena…as that is where I focus my attention and efforts, and measure my peers from as well. Not only…is it where the real squadron abilities can be showcased, to succeed a squad must exhibit certain qualities and skills that I value over those needed to succeed in the MA.  Again…this is my opinion and m/o…and doesn’t mean it should be anyone else’s or is necessarily the only, or correct one.

There are many good squadrons in FSO and in the game.  If I was forced to pick just one…and erased everything in my mind except present day performance and success rates…I would choose from the perspective of the most challenging and difficult foemen I have faced on Friday nights the last few years.

This Squadron would be - G3-MF.

<S>

Dave, I am humbled.   But I am glad to have gotten to know you over the years.   You have done a fantastic job with the projects that you were involved within AH.   You also have done a tremendous job with JG11.   I know it been a while since we have seen each other in game, as I left for a couple of years after severe burnout and a JG26 issue.   I am now flying on a somewhat regular basis a couple of evenings a week and getting back into the swing of things.   If I ever had a question for you, it was answered in detail and vice-versa.  

If I am ever in New York, I have a date with the Firebird.   I'll buy the tank of gas, or two, or three.     :rock

Thank you for being a friend over the years.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC