Author Topic: Zoom Keys not working . . . .  (Read 528 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Zoom Keys not working . . . .
« on: November 18, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »
Suddenly my zoom toggle, zoom + and - have stopped working.  I checked the controller assignments, key assignments, everything.  They won't work with either the keyboard (Z[]) or my X45 joystick.  All other controls mapped to the joystick are still working fine.  I have calibrated the joystick both in and out of windows and in AH.  Checking the joystick buttons in properties - they are all working correctly and show up when I press them.  In the controller assignments in AH, they light up when I select them, and I have the proper commands assigned to them . . . .

Any ideas what is wrong?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Zoom Keys not working . . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
Hey John,

Did you try relogging to see if that fixed it? I have not encountered this problem before that was not related to key assignments.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »
Try  "Shift Z" to unlock stuck key

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Mechanic and Wizer - thanks!  But nope - tried relogging, rebooting, etc., no result.  Tried "shift Z" - no change.

It's strange because the keys and joysticks ARE working.  I can see the key strokes in control setup, device properties, etc.  Only the ZOOM commands will not work - all other commands work as normal.

Anymore ideas?   Anybody?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »
I suppose it's a silly question but have you tested if your Z key is not responding?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
this is an old bug in some systems for some reason if I recall.  you need to assign the zoom to your joystick to make it work.  all 3 keys.  toggle zoom/zoom in/zoom out.  mine stopped working about 6 years ago and that was the only way I could get it to work.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
Yes - the Z key works, and I have also had the zoom functions (all 3) assigned to my joystick for the last 9 years or so - they just don't work anymore.

Everything works EXCEPT the functions for the zoom key, and that includes watching the joystick and Z keys respond when I press them in the control assignment boxes in AHII.

At this point, the only other thing I can think of to try is to uninstall and then reinstall Aces High, then see if the zoom funtions will respond when I reassign them.

I'll let you know if it works . . . .

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »
Hope you haven't started the reinstall yet before checking this:

Could it be that somehow the adjustment of the amount of zoom has changed so that the amount of zoom would be zero? In the zoom mode, have you tried to change the amount of the effect? Just popped into my mind...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »
Bizman - already tried that, but thanks!

Ok - I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  Everything now works fine as it did before the problem.  Before I uninstalled the game, I made a copy of my SETTINGS folder.  After I reinstalled it and made sure all was working, I reinstalled the old settings folder - same problem again!  Go back to new settings folder - no problem.  So, it appears the problem was somewhere in that folder.  How or what - I have no idea.

So now I have to go thru and reset the views on all the a/c, but at least it will be back to normal now.

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions everybody!

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »
its because you have assigned zoom to an analog axis somewhere.

Analog axis that do the same function as keys, like zoom in your case, and engine +- for anyone with a throttle, will make the mapped key uneffective.

I bet that in control mode 3 and 4 your zoom keys work just fine.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
Copy the ".jsm" files over from the old "settings" folder and see if the problem returns.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
Copy the ".jsm" files over from the old "settings" folder and see if the problem returns.

Too late Skuzzy.  After I saw that the old settings folder brought the same problem back, I just deleted it and started from scratch with all my settings.

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:34 PM »
I'm now having the same issue. I have a Saitek x45 as well. Sure did not want to remove and reload but it looks like that's the answer.