Author Topic: An actual crew for the Wirbel?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
An actual crew for the Wirbel?
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »
So I shot a wirb 4 times in the turret last night with a stuka, thats 8 rounds of depleted uraniuam vs 16mm of armour and 3? germans, it smoked it but it was fine and happily shot away, it only confirms to me that this thing has no modelling for crew loading and firing it, if thats the case HTC should do away with PWs and PKs for all aircraft.

See all those happy chappys sitting in there? Well they should all die quite easily...if they are there that is :/

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: An actual crew for the Wirbel?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:14:14 PM »
     Hmmm, Russians had DU rounds in the 40s?  Fascinating.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
So I shot a wirb 4 times in the turret last night with a stuka, thats 8 rounds of depleted uraniuam vs 16mm of armour and 3? germans, it smoked it but it was fine and happily shot away, it only confirms to me that this thing has no modelling for crew loading and firing it, if thats the case HTC should do away with PWs and PKs for all aircraft.

(Image removed from quote.)

See all those happy chappys sitting in there? Well they should all die quite easily...if they are there that is :/

+1 need crew modeled in, Ive strafed them hundreds of times getting sprites on the top where the crew should be without impacting the wirbel at all.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:15 PM »
I've popped the turret of a Wirble with a .5 second burst of 20mm fire from an A6M3...
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
Sounds like an engine hit instead of a turret hit. Were there supps out?  I do think it would be nice to see individual smoke from the turrets of vehicles and the engine compartments. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
I can see pervert's point.  The flak panzie is an open top AV with an exposed crew so taking out the turret should incapacitate the crew.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:50:38 PM »
     Hmmm, Russians had DU rounds in the 40s?  Fascinating.

Hmmm, Russians flew the Ju-87 Stuka?  ;) :rolleyes: :neener:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
+1 need crew modeled in, Ive strafed them hundreds of times getting sprites on the top where the crew should be without impacting the wirbel at all.

Very odd. Putting rounds into the turret from above (instead of hitting the turret's armor) always does the trick for me

However, Pervet's problem may be the guy who pretended to sell him "depleted uranium" rounds  :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
Very odd. Putting rounds into the turret from above (instead of hitting the turret's armor) always does the trick for me

However, Pervet's problem may be the guy who pretended to sell him "depleted uranium" rounds  :P
He was building a time machine.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Hmmm, Russians flew the Ju-87 Stuka?  ;) :rolleyes: :neener:
Germans didn't have depleted uranium rounds either.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »
The 3,7 BK AP round's core is Tungsten carbide or "Wolfram Karbid".

You should be able to stand off at 1000-1200 and punch holes in a wirbel. At least the ones offline at 1200 blow up or the turret is destroyed from single rounds. Online I've seen wirbels withstand some amazing punishment unless I'm the one manning the warble. Then it's made out of cardboard. 50cal and 20mm destroy my turret all the time. Offline a single Yak9T round will destroy the turret on a wirbel. Then from 70-90 degrees a single shot to the engine hatch will kill the wirbel. After an hour offline that's the damage order I discovered to killing a wirbel with a yak9t. Can't find an enemy wirbel yet online who will allow me to do that to him. Don't try it with a P39 this way. Found it took 4 direct hits from the side at close range to kill the wirbel. I could never crack the engine hatch.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:08 PM »

You should be able to stand off at 1000-1200 and punch holes in a wirbel. At least the ones offline at 1200 blow up or the turret is destroyed from single rounds. Online I've seen wirbels withstand some amazing punishment unless I'm the one manning the warble. Then it's made out of cardboard. 50cal and 20mm destroy my turret all the time. Offline a single Yak9T round will destroy the turret on a wirbel. Then from 70-90 degrees a single shot to the engine hatch will kill the wirbel. After an hour offline that's the damage order I discovered to killing a wirbel with a yak9t. Can't find an enemy wirbel yet online who will allow me to do that to him. Don't try it with a P39 this way. Found it took 4 direct hits from the side at close range to kill the wirbel. I could never crack the engine hatch.

You and me both, on all accounts :lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »

QFT

Actually there quite ridiculous and never mis my G2 I've seen them take 5, 6, shots... thats 10-12 bullets. If the were so good they would have been every where during the war. Bout 150 were made.  :confused:

Try taking a g2 and sneaking around through the trees and surprize the wirble  :aok
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
QFT

Actually there quite ridiculous and never mis my G2 I've seen them take 5, 6, shots... thats 10-12 bullets. If the were so good they would have been every where during the war. Bout 150 were made.  :confused:

Try taking a g2 and sneaking around through the trees and surprize the wirble  :aok

It isn't hard to kill something once you learn how to aim properly.   :D   I've killed planes with jeeps and sometimes gotten an m3 as a decoy/my own resupply machine  :rock
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
QFT

The wirbles were excellent weapons, the equal of any other AA vehicle of the war. The big difference between real life and Aces High is that pilots didn't target the AA vehicles, didn't fly directly overhead of them, didn't stay nose on for 1000m, didn't usually keep making passes after their plane took a good beating, and generally didn't act like idiots.

Unless its mostly wirbs in the mix, I can easily drop all my ordnance and make repeated strafing passes in my 190F8 at any vehicle spawn. Why? Because I'm not a moron.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"