Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4651 times)

Offline YamaRaja

• Copper Member
      • Elite Squad
Just have to say
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »
And you can flame all you want because I likely wont come back in here to see it.

This game has the hands down worst collision model of any flight game out there. It rewards colliding. I know Hightech doesn't care what anyone thinks about it.
Couple that with the cheats that are known to exist and are let go.
Packet loss at the servers resulting in unregistered hits of ammo.

Its hard to keep playing. I can take a week off and it doesn't take an hour to be pissed off again.
This game is on a downward spiral, I have seen it before.
I was a test coordinator for 9 years for a now defunct flight game.
They didn't listen either, the vocal loyalist finally got their way. Nothing changed, that's how they wanted it, and the game died as a result.

Yes there will be a core group of people that will remain loyal, always is.
But they will either die off or lose interest to, games all have a shelf life.
Without new players games become unable to support themselves and go away.

Planes that hit each other should BOTH be damaged. No fighter plane flys away completely unscathed from a midair collision. Perhaps one can land both they both sustain damage.
Players in the game collide intentionally, all the time, they know half the time they get a kill and nothing happens to them.
The result is a whole bunch of ho tards.
Perhaps Hightech is one in a hider nick, perhaps that's why it stays this way.  :devil

Never leave a wingman behind

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
And you can flame all you want because I likely wont come back in here to see it.

This game has the hands down worst collision model of any flight game out there. It rewards colliding. I know Hightech doesn't care what anyone thinks about it.

Its hard to keep playing. I can take a week off and it doesn't take an hour to be pissed off again.
They didn't listen either, the vocal loyalist finally got their way. Nothing changed, that's how they wanted it, and the game died as a result.

Planes that hit each other should BOTH be damaged. No fighter plane flys away completely unscathed from a midair collision. Perhaps one can land both they both sustain damage.
Players in the game collide intentionally, all the time, they know half the time they get a kill and nothing happens to them.
Perhaps Hightech is one in a hider nick, perhaps that's why it stays this way.  :devil

We will just have more complaining and crying when both planes take damage from a collision because one person didn't collide on their screen.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »
Planes that hit each other should BOTH be damaged.

This is a actual online collision, from the P-47 pilot's point of view. It's the very moment of collision, the 51 never get's closer than this (from the P-47 pilot's view):

(See the white collision message: "Lusche (P-51 pilot) has collided with you")

If you were the P-47 pilot, would demand that your plane takes collision damage from this?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:30:22 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline blkblade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »
I guess I don't take issue with the collision model. I get the arguments why it is th e way it is and has been discussed ad nauseum. What I don't get is why bullet hits have to be managed by the server. Why not locally? Wouldn't this cure the rubber bullet issue. I'm shooting at what I see, not what my opponent sees or is...
Cheers
I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:27 PM »

You're rage quitting because you don't understand how the collision model works?   :rofl
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »
This is a actual online collision, from the P-47 pilot's point of view. It's the very moment of collision, the 51 never get's closer than this:

(Image removed from quote.)

If you were the P-47 pilot, would demand that your plane takes collision damage from this?

^this^

Some people just don't understand how this works.

I've seen enemy fire that, on my end, looks to be passing hundreds of feet behind my plane, yet I get hit by it.... Because on the shooters end, I am where he sees me, not where I am on my end.

it's spelled LAG.

Accept it. Live with it. Or leave. But it doesn't need to be changed.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:30:28 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 02:29:15 PM »
Honestly, the collision system in Aces High, while frustrating at times, makes perfect sense once you understand it.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
OK....what's a hider nick?  :headscratch:

YamaRaga do a forum search on collisions. It's been explained hundreds of times.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:32:53 PM by Max »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 02:54:13 PM »
OK....what's a hider nick?  :headscratch:

YamaRaga do a forum search on collisions. It's been explained hundreds of times.

A shade.... :cool:

I'd like to know how the OP knows the packets are lost at HTC's servers,did he run a pingplot to find this out or is he just spouting off on another urban myth.... Did you hear about the doberman that coughed up a pair of fingers,ya it's happened to a friend of a friend who knows the sister of the guy who saw the dog..... :rolleyes:

Most of the game works on wisiwig,what you see is what you get!  That includes shooting,if you see hit sprites then you hit the enemy,regardless what he sees.

:salute

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
I guess I don't take issue with the collision model. I get the arguments why it is th e way it is and has been discussed ad nauseum. What I don't get is why bullet hits have to be managed by the server. Why not locally? Wouldn't this cure the rubber bullet issue. I'm shooting at what I see, not what my opponent sees or is...
Cheers
They are managed locally.  Turn on vsync.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
I agree that the collision model is fishy, but I don't really understand it.  So, I do my damnedest not to collide or allow another guy to collide with me.  Sometimes though my cologne attracts certain kinds of players and I can't get away. 

It happens.  Deal with it.  Understand for every collision you've lost there are about an equal number you've won.  Funny how people don't run here to the forums and proclaim how things "suck" when things happen in their favor, be it collision, the proverbial HO, rubber bullets, etc.

Relax and suck it up, cupcake.  The sun will rise tomorrow no matter what you think, what you do, or if HTC trips over the power cable again.  Everything will be alright.   :aok   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »
Well, bye.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder