Author Topic: Mustang  (Read 1869 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Mustang
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 09:40:38 AM »
Meant to say the last generation mustang was influenced by the vantage.........not the last two.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
Ford has let me down too many times to ever buy another one of the cars again.
Trucks, yes. Cars, no way. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice (at the cost of a new automatic tranny with only 122k miles on the Mustang) shame on me again.

The next 'muscle car' (if I ever purchase one) will NOT be a Ford unless of course it's a classic car.

auto Mustang? what year was that? What engine?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 01:05:27 PM »
This Mustang owner likes the new look.  They are definitely moving toward a new modern look but still retained classic mustang lines.

Ford has not released official power figures for the GT but have stated there will be an increase.  My guess is close to 450 HP at the crank.

Rumor has it there will not be a supercharged Shelby GT500.  I hope this is untrue. What speculation I have read is they will go with a SVT designed GT350 which will be naturally aspirated.  The car supposedly will be race inspired - read really lightened track car.

I will wait and see.  I am considering selling my 2010 here in Europe hoping to get more money out of the car.  I have had a few serious offers from locals but at the time had no desire to sell the car.  I have too much money in it to sell it in the States.

I'll give ya $5 :)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
My very first legal car, I bought a few cars and Bikes when I was 15yo so they were technically illegal.

I found it on a used car lot in 1974 with 32,000 miles on it. It was "Tits". This is not the exact car but it was a carbon copy. A '66 powder blue with custom Pony interior, a 289 V8, black vinyl top. This was my High school car complete with 8-track player and plenty of music cassettes. Hell of a year 1974. ;)
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
My very first legal car, I bought a few cars and Bikes when I was 15yo so they were technically illegal.
(Image removed from quote.)

I found it on a used car lot in 1974 with 32,000 miles on it. It was "Tits". This is not the exact car but it was a carbon copy. A '66 powder blue with custom Pony interior, a 289 V8, black vinyl top. This was my High school car complete with 8-track player and plenty of music cassettes. Hell of a year 1974. ;)

Beauty. Like I'd said, whenever I can afford one, I'm just going to have a custom shop build me something around one of the reproduction '65 bodies that's available.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »
auto Mustang? what year was that? What engine?
there has never been a generation of mustang without an auto trans option.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
Meant to say the last generation mustang was influenced by the vantage.........not the last two.

i honestly thought that this next gen was gonna be a re-skinned aston.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)