Author Topic: Rejoin in Flight bug with WEP  (Read 3437 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Rejoin in Flight bug with WEP
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »

That is not an appropriate penalty anymore than losing all your ammo or fuel.  They can track fuel and ammo usage but not WEP?   Riiiiiiiiight.

Buckshot is referring to something that cannot happen.    Preventing this abuse of WEP is the same as preventing the abuse of fuel and ammo.  It ain't hard.

As for being halfway to losing the fight by relying on WEP, that's your flawed opinion.   It is there for a purpose in the game...as it was in real life depending on equipment...and I rely on it appropriately when it is available for a particular airplane just like 99 percent of the people in the arena.  My primary experiment last tour was BUFF hunting in TA-152s.  Climb rate, and thus WEP, is essential to the mission.  It is also useful for getting away from a six on one gang bang.  Your mileage may vary.

And don't act like just because you didn't call me a cheater-wannabe directly that wasn't your intended point.  You said it quite clearly enough ("He sounds like someone who is trying to game the game.").  Cheap shot, low brow, dbag move, pal.

Gaming the game isn't cheating. Hording is gaming the game and it is allowed. Another person posted here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,356780.msg4738500.html#msg4738500 and pointed out another way to "game the game" with the disco. If there is a "way around" something people WILL look for it FIND it and USE it. HTC avoids as many of those issues with for thought. In this case they may have for seen something that you nor I have thought up and so have negated the possibility by adding the the "lose of WEP" when you return from a disco. I don't know, nor do you. I do know that Hitech has said it is NOT a bug and is working as intended. What the reasoning is, again I don't KNOW. We can only speculate, as HTC hasn't commented any other way than to say it is not a bug.

Many people have told you that this is the way it is and yet you fight it. It's like some one telling you water is wet and you spend the rest of your time trying to get it called something other than "wet". What should people think when you can't seem to accept what many people tell you and let it go? Maybe that you have some alternative motive to get it changed?

If you want a definitive answer, email Hitech. I would think he'd answer here if it really didn't matter, but maybe he doesn't want people thinking along a certain train of thought that his answer may bring up. Again I don't know Hitech's mind, only what is public record in posts here.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rejoin in Flight bug with WEP
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 07:11:35 PM »
If people had brains they would think it just as silly as I find it to be.  Gaming the game is not so,etching I do.  I do, however, believe in proportionality. This doesn't pass that test. If he has a good reason I would like to hear it. "Deal with it" is all I am hearing from you and that's not a good enough answer.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted