Author Topic: "Not receiving updates, switching to TCP"  (Read 368 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
"Not receiving updates, switching to TCP"
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
<S>

I now have this message 8 times out of 10 when connecting
Only happens for 3 days now, almost never had it before...

Also, even if another thread has been created, it matches the 30mm gun problem (Ta-152 for me) :
15+ Hits on bombers (impacts visible, started shooting with bigger deflection to be sure) , but only lil smoke or no dmg... Before, bombers shot/badly hit.
Only 20mm guns seem to do normal dmg...

Is it related to a sudden game connection issue?

All my other games ping unchanged, so its not me...  :confused:

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: "Not receiving updates, switching to TCP"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
Get Ping Plotter, its a free program to test your ping to other locations on the net. After installing set it to ping 71.252.137.149 Let it run at a ping a second for a few minutes, 10 or more is best. If you can run it right after you get the "switching to..." warning you may catch more errors. Take a screen shot and post the picture here, or send it to Skuzzy.

The connections change all the time, especially now that its Christmas shopping time. The internet is going to be a mess with all the shopping as well as the weather they are having in Texas. There isn't anything HTC can do about it. The few things you can do is to reset your router and modem. Shut them down and let them sit a few minutes then reboot. This helps clear up issues with your system. If your route to HTC servers is full of "red" then a call to your ISP may help, but not likely. More than likely if the thing above don't help it will clear up in a few days as things get rerouted again and again.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »
There are massive telecommunication outages across the U.S.  It is going to impact connections, sooner or later as they are repaired and/or damaged more.

This is all due to the massive ice storm that raged across the U.S.

Use PingPlotter and there is no doubt you will see some outages, somewhere in your path.  Or, you are running Norton and it decided Aces High was a bad guy.  Would not be the first time and certainly will not be the last.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
Odd...I can get to this forum easily, can't begin to ping the game server ip..can't ping a few other things either
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:51:53 AM »
TCP packets retry in the face of a failure and WEB sites are not real time.  The amount of cahing going on with your browser will make a huge difference.

You cannot compare a WEB based anything, to a real time DirectX application.  Apples and elephants.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com