Author Topic: Diving bomber-drone Tactic?  (Read 689 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Diving bomber-drone Tactic?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 03:55:12 PM »
Don't tell me, let me guess

You've seen it at least twice

But you don't have any film

Right?

I trust that those that have been flying here for YEARS as myself know the integrity of many here.  Ink, Greebo just to name a few whom I'd take their word straight up.  For others, no amount of datapoints or films can satisfy them.

[Back to Topic]
In most cases I go for the lead bomber as that will be most disruptive in the enemies efforts to take the given base.  If I can get him\her to have a less than ideal bomb drop that is the objective.

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
I trust that those that have been flying here for YEARS as myself know the integrity of many here.  Ink, Greebo just to name a few whom I'd take their word straight up.  For others, no amount of datapoints or films can satisfy them.

[Back to Topic]
In most cases I go for the lead bomber as that will be most disruptive in the enemies efforts to take the given base.  If I can get him\her to have a less than ideal bomb drop that is the objective.

Based on the sort of drivel you usually post, I would trust your word about as far as I can throw my mother-in-law

Clarification - I'm not saying that the move described does not exist and that you are all making it up.

I'm just saying, without a film...it's just another one of those AH myths *shrug*  

You'd think that with so many people seeing this glitch tactic being used, at least one person would have filmed it and sent it into HiTech, right?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »
I've seen what Randy is describing as well.

Seen a player named JACKACK try it in B-17s against me but it didn't work well, he got too fast and the drones lost their wings.  Ran into him again, this time he was in Lancasters and he started to do the same thing but started to warp instead, and I somehow got credit for shooting down 4 lancasters instead of 3.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
In the last month I've watched bomber pilots trying to dive away from fighters, either loosing their drones and getting the command bomber eventually shot down. Or, looking like the player decided during the dive to switch command bombers for some reason. The one time it seemed to have a purpose now that I've read this post. During the pilot jump to another bomber, the drones rapidly changed positrons making them worthless to shoot. Then suddenly the new command bomber was diving away out from under his drones leaving them like a diversion in front of my fighter.

Then there is 999000 who just shoots down fighters and lands big kill strings in his bombers.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:28 PM »

He must do magic. Take a Lanc with 25% fuel and bombs still aboard and up it from the 20K field in the TA. Then dive it "straight down" from 15K-20K and see what happens :)

take cobia's a20 and see it go upside down, dive, climb, heck it can even drop bombs while upside down.  pretty sure gunners would have minded all of that in ww2 or was it magi :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »

You'd think that with so many people seeing this glitch tactic being used, at least one person would have filmed it and sent it into HiTech, right?

This is not a HiTech issue best I can tell.