Author Topic: How find out who killed who?  (Read 825 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
How find out who killed who?
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
Is there a way to find out who killed who, other than the text buffer (which covers about 30 seconds...)?

MH

(EDIT to clarify, substituting "covers" for "lasts for").  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:38:03 PM by TDeacon »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: How find out who killed who?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »
You can scroll the buffer. Press the ~ key and when you mouse over the window you'll get the usual sidebar. You can also look at your stats by following the tab on the hitech home page. It shows kills and deaths by planes and players.
Pies not kicks.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »
You can scroll the buffer. Press the ~ key and when you mouse over the window you'll get the usual sidebar. You can also look at your stats by following the tab on the hitech home page. It shows kills and deaths by planes and players.

I may be mistaken, but expanding the buffer only shows about 30 lines (thus my "30 seconds" comment).  WRT the home page, how do you determine who killed who?  I thought I tried the different permutations, and so far as I can tell, it only gives totals per player per month.  It does not seem to give the identities of your kills.  

MH
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:39:19 PM by TDeacon »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:49:18 AM »
You can scroll the buffer. Press the ~ key and when you mouse over the window you'll get the usual sidebar.
;)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 01:52:00 AM »
Click on scores and stats, statistics, pilot. Enter your game ID, pick arena and tour click get stats. The second table has numbers for each aircraft you have killed with,killed, been killed by and died in. If you click on those numbers you will see who killed what.

As for the text buffer I had never paid much attention to how far back you could scroll so I just scrolled back more than 120 lines and that was the beginning of when I logged on so it goes at least that far back. When I say scroll I don’t mean expanding the buffer window I mean scrolling with the arrows, so that previous lines that are not visible move downwards into view.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:34:03 AM by pembquist »
Pies not kicks.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:55 AM »
In the radio dialog you can set up seperate channels.  I have one set to all (including 200), another set to country, another set to system messages, etc so they are tracked that way.  Set them up this way then hit the system message tab and that's all you get.  Then you can expand the radio buffer using the ~ key and you'll have a long list of system messages to see what happened.  Then you can scroll even further back if you need to but I've never seen the need.

Once landed and exited from flight you can also type .score in the radio buffer.  It brings up your score page which shows the last five or so people you've killed and the last five or so who have killed you.

In the stats pages if you click on the kills or deaths in a certain plane it shows you who you killed or who killed you and what types of planes killed you or you killed.  From there click again and it will show you who was flying each or what they were flying.  You have to drill down a little way but it's all there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:53:46 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »
Once landed and exited from flight you can also type .score in the radio buffer.  It brings up your score page which shows the last five or so people you've killed and the last five or so who have killed you.

To add to this, you can type .score playername and it will bring up any individual's score sheet.  You can do it in-flight too.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
I may be mistaken, but expanding the buffer only shows about 30 lines (thus my "30 seconds" comment).  
If you have the clipboard visible, at least then there's the slider in the expanded text buffer, showing quite a long time back, maybe even the whole session. You can also stretch the buffer even up to the height of your monitor.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:33 AM »
Is there a way to find out who killed who, other than the text buffer (which covers about 30 seconds...)?

the dot command ".score" (minus the quote marks) will give you info on your kills and who killed you.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 07:27:20 AM »
The "last killers" function on clipboard score is severly broken at the moment.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
The "last killers" function on clipboard score is severly broken at the moment.

Broken since day 1, I believe.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »
Broken since day 1, I believe.

Yup.  Last Killed still appears to work but I've never had the Last Killed show correctly for myself.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)