Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
Yet the Brewster is among the top 10 victims of the LW arena 2013 ... few fighters have that much more deaths than kills, and most of them are mainly used as bomb trucks ;)

I think people give the Brewster the noob nod because if it has energy or position, few planes are easier to get kills with.  IMO, the fact that it's killed more than it kills, to me, just means that lots of folks up it under a capped field. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
I think people give the Brewster the noob nod because if it has energy or position, few planes are easier to get kills with.  IMO, the fact that it's killed more than it kills, to me, just means that lots of folks up it under a capped field. 
Which is where it should be used but the dedicated Brew pilots take it to fights where the enemy either have to try to turn with the brew or give an easier shot to a BNZer.

The plane is easy...I got the "you couldn't land kills in it" speech on 200....up it next sortie got 6 kills over center isle on ozkansas.

Ki84 is very easy...wouldn't put it above a spit 8 or 16 though.

K4 has easy moves but nobody can say the mk108 is an easy gun platform.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
I think the F4U1c and the -4 are pretty easy to learn and fly planes. The ki84 is rather easy but I don't consider it too newbish only because of the dive rate.

The spit 16 and the brew are definitely right up there.

And the temp for BNZ style is almost like taking candy from a baby its so easy.

Those are my picks.  :old:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

The plane is easy...I got the "you couldn't land kills in it" speech on 200....up it next sortie got 6 kills over center isle on ozkansas.

I've never understood that argument with the brew...its very survivable with nearby support.  However I can understand the argument being made for one of the A6Ms due to their unfortunate habit of turning into a bonfire.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
Yeah but the a6m doesn't have the dive, accel, or climb ability of the Brew, I swear I don't know how the hell the brew can climb vert so well. It annoys the crap out of me when I am trying to go for a rope.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:05:41 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
Yeah but the a6m doesn't have the dive, accel, or climb ability of the Brew, I swear I don't know how the hell the brew can climb vert so well. It annoys the crap out of me when I am trying to go for a rope.

Thus my argument in the past that the a6m is not an easy plane to fly and land kills with in the MA. 

FYI - the late model a6m (i.e. 3 and 5) have pretty decent climb below 5K and are very controllable up to a dead stop.  I've killed several 109Ks trying to rope me who are surprised to find I can climb just fine with them from the deck in a A6M3.   :devil    I usually die right after this from a pick...but we will not talk about that.   :cry

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »
And another of these threads why?  

There never has been, nor will there ever be consensus on this subject.

Waystin has the right path to enlightenment...it's not about what you're good in, it's about what someone else beats you in while you're busy killing his buddy.

It's about sick survivability, not gunnery thus removing Lusches tard explanation that the guns package make the Yak-3 not noobish.   Please.  It can set the combat tempo of the fight easily increasing its survivability, thus making it a noob ride.  Compounding this fact is that it has few handling quirks which allows the virtual pilot easy handling, easy egress and easy landings.  Low ammo loads?  Hot pad it and you'll land 5-6 every flight, lol.

Noob central=Yak3

Edit:  every night on 200 someone says,"hey!  I just tried the Yak3 and it's awesomesauce!  My new ride!!"  I've never heard anyone say that about:

k4, 202, 205, F6F, etc etc.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:39:48 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »
The A6M3 and A6M5 both out climb and out accelerate the Brewster by wide margins.  This is why nobody who thinks about stuff instead of going on what they feel takes any of the whines about the Brewster seriously.  The people who whine about it blatantly and repeatedly exaggerate its capabilities.

The A6M2 is slightly better above 5000ft, but fairly parable to the Brewster overall.

And just for fun, the Ki-43-II vs Brewster:

The A6M2 and Ki-43-II both handily out turn the Brewster.  The Brewster narrowly out turns the A6M5b.  Not sure about the A6M3.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
Zekes, brews and 43 are noob scavengers which are completely reliant on other players forcing cons to slow down so they can cockroach them to death. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
And another of these threads why? 

Why not?  It beats the usual tossing of personal insults, accusations of "spiz" and other silliness.

.... not gunnery thus removing Lusches tard explanation that the guns package make the Yak-3 not noobish.  

Aaaannndd then we have this...ah well.

There never has been, nor will there ever be consensus on this subject.

It's odd then that we seem, in general, to have the same planes appearing in each post.  How strange.

Thanks for the input.  :salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »
Zekes, brews and 43 are noob scavengers which are completely reliant on other players forcing cons to slow down so they can cockroach them to death. 

I call em bottom feeders.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
And the Brewster is any different?  Not that you're correct in the first place, mind you.  They can operate that way, but saying that is all they are is no different or more accurate than saying that all P-51s or Fw190s do is find a furball already in progress and then just pick up otherwise occupied fighters.  I've had many, many kills where nothing made my victim slow down so that my A6M could nail him.  It is pretty insulting to be told that all of my kills in the A6M are at the expense of a faster fighter that slowed the enemy down for me when that is in fact a small minority of said kills.

Yeesh.  The cognitive dissonance about the Brewster is mind boggling.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
Why not?  It beats the usual tossing of personal insults, accusations of "spiz" and other silliness.

Aaaannndd then we have this...ah well.

It's odd then that we seem, in general, to have the same planes appearing in each post.  How strange.

Thanks for the input.  :salute

It's not odd...do you really expect these folks to show up and defend them as uber? Lol.  Hence my statement and question why.

But it was a nice attempt at rephrasing the question for 1,344,398th time :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
And the Brewster is any different?  Not that you're correct in the first place, mind you.  They can operate that way, but saying that is all they are is no different or more accurate than saying that all P-51s or Fw190s do is find a furball already in progress and then just pick up otherwise occupied fighters.  I've had many, many kills where nothing made my victim slow down so that my A6M could nail him.  It is pretty insulting to be told that all of my kills in the A6M are at the expense of a faster fighter that slowed the enemy down for me when that is in fact a small minority of said kills.

Yeesh.  The cognitive dissonance about the Brewster is mind boggling.

The Brewster was included and the only real diff for the Brewster is that it has super warp diving capabilities

Then you've been insulted.  Do you still fly?

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »
I've had many, many kills where nothing made my victim slow down so that my A6M could nail him.  It is pretty insulting to be told that all of my kills in the A6M are at the expense of a faster fighter that slowed the enemy down for me when that is in fact a small minority of said kills.

Same here.  

I'm pretty sure there are a few others out there who fly the Zeke who have done the same thing i.e. slowly trick their opponents into bleeding off their E without assistance in order to kill them.  Nishi comes readily to mind as one who I've seen do it repeatedly.