Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
It's not odd...do you really expect these folks to show up and defend them as uber? Lol.  Hence my statement and question why.

But it was a nice attempt at rephrasing the question for 1,344,398th time :salute

I find reading and comparing the reasons why each member selected the rides they did interesting.  I never expected any consensus to be reached....too many different viewpoints of what is and is not important from a gameplay perspective, different fighting styles, etc to ever expect such a thing to occur.  I do think there will always be general consensus on Spits / LA7 etc.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »
Same here.  

I'm pretty sure there are a few others out there who fly the Zeke who have done the same thing i.e. slowly trick their opponents into bleeding off their E without assistance in order to kill them.  Nishi comes readily to mind as one who I've seen do it repeatedly.

Whoa there Aces of Japan.  Let's investigate this a bit, shall we?  There is an enormous difference between me in a K4 finding you in a zeke and fighting you because there is no other, or not very many fights going on vs. you or anyone else "tricking" anyone outside of their 2 week sub into slowing down to turn with a zeke.  Having some alt on your prey?  Ok but my experience with watching you is you're sky high above the fights and slowly wind your little self down to a non-compression alt and then doing your "trick" or whatever you'd like to call it. 

Or, you zeke guys just fly against noobs who don't know how to handle a zeke with alt...either way it's still a noob scavenger ride.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
I like Yaks.  They look pretty flying around streaming gas from their wings after they've been shot up.  This is a silly thread.  :cheers:
Fight's on!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »
I like Yaks.  They look pretty flying around streaming gas from their wings after they've been shot up.  This is a silly thread.  :cheers:

It's only a put down if being a noob or flying a noob ride regularly is a bad thing.  Is it?

I didn't catch your edit....good one

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 01:48:06 PM »
Whoa there Aces of Japan.  Let's investigate this a bit, shall we?  There is an enormous difference between me in a K4 finding you in a zeke and fighting you because there is no other, or not very many fights going on vs. you or anyone else "tricking" anyone outside of their 2 week sub into slowing down to turn with a zeke.  Having some alt on your prey?  Ok but my experience with watching you is you're sky high above the fights and slowly wind your little self down to a non-compression alt and then doing your "trick" or whatever you'd like to call it. 

Or, you zeke guys just fly against noobs who don't know how to handle a zeke with alt...either way it's still a noob scavenger ride.
at the end of the fight if your the one sitting in the tower I still one in my a6m5. Any people don't realize how fast that plane can dive
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
at the end of the fight if your the one sitting in the tower I still one in my a6m5. Any people don't realize how fast that plane can dive

I do. And I also understand how poorly it rolls above 340 kts.  Let a zeke get good and cooking on ya from above and when it's 1000 out, roll away.  Do it too early and you'll die...patience solves the riddle of the diving zeke.

But don't try that with the F-18 Super Brewster.  It can dive with the 51Ds and 47s, lmao

Edit:  if I'm the one in the tower against a zeke, it ain't cuz the zeke is uber, lol
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:58:43 PM by Changeup »

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »

I did not claim every kill I've made in a zeke was done that way.  If I did, it would be just as disenginous as you stating you've never picked someone or vulched a field in your K4.  Nor have I ever claimed to be the "Aces of Japan" or even that I am even a great stick.  

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
I did not claim every kill I've made in a zeke was done that way.  If I did, it would be just as disenginous as you stating you've never picked someone or vulched a field in your K4.  Nor have I ever claimed to be the "Aces of Japan" or even that I am even a great stick.  

You supported the Karnak zeke paradox.  His claim or yours that it isn't a scavenger is self-serving but not accurate.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »
How things have changed. Ten years ago most people's first answer would've been n1k2. The noob ride now imo is the 109k4.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »
You supported the Karnak zeke paradox.  His claim or yours that it isn't a scavenger is self-serving but not accurate.

I see then.  Ok, whatever! 

Moving along....

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
This topic is a giant troll. :aok

Honestly it wasn't intended to be but, yes, it likely will devolve into one.   :frown:

How things have changed. Ten years ago most people's first answer would've been n1k2. The noob ride now imo is the 109k4.

I'm surprised the N1K2 hasn't shown up as well.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »

LMAO
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
For a fighter I have to throw in the F4U1A. Its fast for the big birds.  Climbs okay but when you got the E it hangs on to it like a first spring hound after his first squeak.  It furbals better than a lot of planes.

Best SA training plane the P38.  Its the squeak.  Enough said about that.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
The noob ride now imo is the 109k4.

:headscratch:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »

But don't try that with the F-18 Super Brewster.  It can dive with the 51Ds and 47s, lmao

If the B-239 is incapable of matching the P-38 (any of the Lightnings in this game), how can one expect the B-239 to match the P-51D or P-47 in a dive?  The simple answer is it can't.  I had a B-239 bounce me with over a 5k alt advantage, I went into a shallow dive and watched as I maintained my lead over the B-239 and slightly increased my dive to build more seperation as he dove steeper and steeper in a vain attempt to catch me.  Then he made the mistake to try and catch me in the vertical when I pulled into a zoom climb and easily roped him when he stalled out.

ack-ack

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:42:23 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song