Author Topic: gun sights  (Read 934 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
gun sights
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:45:37 PM »
OK, How do I download new aircraft gun sights? Well please start from where can I find them? I know sounds easy as auguring on a bomb dive,which I am proficient at, but cant find how to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Oh And yes, I know the proper way is to release the bombs and not to fly them all the way into the target!! :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: gun sights
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »
Help/Training...

PM Bustr to death...

Or even here... http://ah-freebirds.com/resources.php#Sights
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »
Goto AH directory on your hard drive, look in subfolder called gunsite, in there you will see a bunch of .bmp files, those are the game provided sights, you can add more gunsites / .bmp files to this folder, looks were Mrkrabs said to or you could search here in the search box above. If you go to the forum films and screenshots and browes you will find a bunch of post with links to sights also.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,5654.0.html
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Goto AH directory on your hard drive, look in subfolder called gunsite, in there you will see a bunch of .bmp files, those are the game provided sights, you can add more gunsites / .bmp files to this folder, looks were Mrkrabs said to or you could search here in the search box above. If you go to the forum films and screenshots and browes you will find a bunch of post with links to sights also.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,5654.0.html
thanks guys!! I had seen a few posts but the links lead to a zip file thingy that was no longer active. I will try the links you gave me but be ready for more questions. I am about as computer literate as I am good at dive bombing!!! I can get there ok but the finish is a bit off :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:45:13 AM »
I'm currently doing some updates and changes to the Historic Pack. New information, and a new way to look at the color pictures I've been privy to. Also a new understanding of RAD related to snap shots and lead shooting from the French OPL gunsights. I've been testing that in the game and the French knew something about lead and RAD. Sorry they surrendered. 4RAD(140-144Mil) seems to be a magic number just before you need to develop a gyroscopic lead computing gunsight. It's just at the max gyroscopic precession G hold back before locking up the gyro or too much E and you are shooting behind your con.

Keep looking in the Aircraft and Vehicle Forum.

Consider that I have to test each reticle in an airplane to make sure that how the game renders it doesn't show gradient blur halos or empty spots in the reticle structures. Then if there are structures specific to rockets or bombs, I have to test if they fit into Hitech's physics. And lately I've been finding more color photos of reticle on the internet along with owners willing to turn on the light and take a photo of the results for me.

If you are impatient, PM me and I'll link you the last Historic Pack. The new one will have many changes to it though. Along with some extras for grins and giggles.

Does anyone remember that P51D jabo sight from WB that was a cross with small boxes at the bottom? I analyzed it against the 512x512 AH format and made an updated model for AH. If Hitech doesn't mind I'll even include one he accidentally showed in a screen shot from his pony. I have test dots and "Blue Thingy" test reticle I need to make AH presentable for general play.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.