Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34103 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
We had 42 players sign up for the Eleventh edition of the Aces High One-on-One Dueling Bracket Championship Tournament.  They are (sorted by in-game name):

In-Game -   BBs

4Fox   -   Fox      
68Raptor   -   68Raptor      
Akauger   -   Auger      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
Akmeathd -   Scca      
AKShrike   -   Shrike       
Aktap   -   dogtag380      
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl   - Administrator
Barkhorn   -   McShark      
BluBerry   -   BluBerry      
Boo   -   mthrockmor      
Copprhed -   Copprhed       
Deadstik   -   deadstikmac       
DejaVu   -   TwinTail      
Dodger   -   jododger       
Dolby   -   LCADolby       
F77   -   F77      
FBZodiac   -   Zodiac      
FLS   -   FLS      
Fulcrum   -   Fulcrum      
Icepac   -   Icepac      
iKo   -   iKo      
JB11   -   JB11      
JETSOM   -   ink       
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M      
Latrobe   -   Latrobe      
Lazer   -   Lazerr      
Lemmy   -   Rogue9volt      
NathBDP   -   Nath[BDP]      
Pepprr   -   Pepprr      
Ratio   -   GhostCDB      
Redd   -   Redd      
Schall   -   STXAce8      
Simon   -   Simon      
Sonic23   -   sonic23      
SunsFan   -   sunfan1121      
TC   -   TequilaChaser      
Triton28   -   Triton28      
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
Violator   -   Dmonslyr      
Waystin2   -   waystin2      
Zoney   -   Zoney   

Make sure I got your in-game and BBs names right and that I got you included if you're participating.  Remember if you change your in-game name during the tournament to post that here so people know who to look for in the DA.

With 42 players, we'd normally sit 22 with a bye while 20 fought in 10 brackets then fully engage everyone in week two.  I've decided to let as many players as possible "play ahead" each week to keep more people playing and hopefully reduce delays in the tournament.  This doesn't actually eliminate any byes.  It simply moves them to a week sometime later in the tournament. 

Regardless of that, we still have 10 players sitting in week one.  They are:

Akmeathd -   Scca
Fulcrum   -   Fulcrum
Icepac   -   Icepac
iKo   -   iKo
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M
Pepprr   -   Pepprr
Simon   -   Simon
Sonic23   -   sonic23
Violator   -   Dmonslyr
Zoney   -   Zoney

You will be matched next week with winners of this weeks first round.

For those with match-ups posted all fights must be completed with results posted here by the loser in the appropriate format by 6:00 PM CST Sunday, January 19.  Don't forget that if you do lose you simply drop into the lower brackets and still have a chance to win it all.  You're not out until you've lost two series.

I expect nothing but everyone's best sportsmanship and adherence to the rules and deadlines.  That said, don't forget to film.  It may save you from me having to make a decision on a dispute without supporting evidence.

Rules are in the next post.  Read them.

Let the tournament begin and may the best pilot win. 

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »
· Setting up the Bracket

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- Depending on the number of players some may have to fly one more round than others.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.  The bracket is set by in-game name so people need to know who to look for.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, January 5 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

· General Tournament Rules

- Duels must be arranged between the players to take place by 6:00 PM CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duel series will be best of five until the quarterfinal round.  From the quarterfinal round forward duel series will be best of seven.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163, Me262 and WWI aircraft).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duelists will fly in F1 view mode (in-cockpit).
- All duels will be player’s choice of fuel load out, gun package and convergence.  Firing off ammo prior to engagement is allowed.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.

· Double Elimination

- The random selection process used in setting up the bracket will also be used to determine player placement in the losers bracket in each round.
- In the quarter-final and semi-final rounds a player that has not yet lost a series may lose.  In that case the contestants shall immediately fight the contingency round with the winner of the contingency round advancing.
- In the final round two players that have not yet lost a series may meet.  In that case the contestants shall immediately fight the final round and contingency round 1.  If each of these players wins a round they shall fight contingency round 2 for the championship.  In this case either player may choose to delay contingency round 2 for up to one week.
- If players are required to fly a contingency round the loser of the last round gets plane selection to start the contingency round.

· Posting Results

- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)
§ Plane - Winner (if needed)

… and so on in later rounds.

- The loser posting verifies that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested (see contests and disputes).
- This information must be posted by no later than 6:00 PM CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket.

· Special Circumstances Affecting the Outcome of a Duel

- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
  o If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
  o If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  If at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes. 
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to any other mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he/she does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he/she will lose any remaining duels by default.
- If a player disco’s the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he/she does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he/she will lose the series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.

· Forfeitures

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series. 
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance.  If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, or if neither player posts then a random draw will determine which player advances.  If practical, no player will be allowed to advance more than one round via forfeit. 

· Filming

- Filming is encouraged in case a dispute arises.
- From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films to substantiate wins must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.  This means only films of the wins must be posted but it’s preferred that all films be posted.  Failure of the winning player to post substantiating films in these rounds will result in a disputed win (see contests and disputes).
- Films may be posted in any round if both participants agree.

· Contests and Disputes

- Each player has the opportunity to dispute results for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can state their case in the results thread or contact me via PM.  Disputes must be entered by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a description of what they believe the rules violation to be and submit films if available.  I reserve the right to determine an appropriate course of action which could include but will not be not limited to overturning posted results, a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  My determination will be final.  For the advancing player and their next opponent the normal 6:00 PM Sunday deadline will still apply.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.

· Rules Violations

- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:23:43 PM »
Early question regarding Round 2 deadline. I am scheduled to duel 4Fox in round 2. Do you want us to go ahead and get it on before next Sunday 19th, or wait until Sunday the 26th to allow all Round 1 duels to complete?

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »
Early question regarding Round 2 deadline. I am scheduled to duel 4Fox in round 2. Do you want us to go ahead and get it on before next Sunday 19th, or wait until Sunday the 26th to allow all Round 1 duels to complete?

boo

If you're matched up, the deadline is next Saturday as stated in my opening post.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:41:11 PM »
When is good for you, DejaVu? I should be fine with most times. Likely we'll see each other in the MA.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
hahahahah. I get paired for my first time ever doing this.. with Latrobe..

I feel this tournament is rigged  :old:

Trobe should be a boss fight!  :joystick:

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Oh Boy! BluBerry! This should be a good fight! I have never flown the La7! Only La5.  :uhoh

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »
Looking forward to it!  :cheers:

I'll PM you and we can figure out a time.  :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
Nath...let me know when a good day and time is.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:01:27 PM »
Schall I sent you a PM.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
I forfeit, There is no way I'll meet icepac which is the only reason I signed up.  :(
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
PM sent to Ratio-GhostCDB.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:39:22 PM »
^ That'll be a good fight.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »
I forfeit, There is no way I'll meet icepac which is the only reason I signed up.  :(

Don't do that man..... :salute

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 08:17:35 PM »
<S> Barkhorn =)    I have 10days off starting tuesday, so name the time thats good for you.
elfy

BTW, what time zone are you?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:39:45 PM by DOUG »
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000