Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34165 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
Didn't you pull out of the tournament?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:22:07 PM by icepac »

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »
U think me and 68raptor can get an extension until Tuesday bald?
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »
 :salute. As per the rules; The fight starts when we get into icon range, and as long i don't brake the 7.5k alt limit I'm good to go. That's why I was so confused.

It's always better to dive on the merge. If you can get under your opponent, you have the advantage. It needs to be said that this is no secret. In the years many years I've been doing this tournament this has been the most common merge I've seen. In fact this is the only way the merge happens against what i would consider high level competition.

Great flying that i16 round. You used your energy perfectly.  :salute
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »
Have not received a PM from JB11 today and have looked for him online, so am not sure what to do.  Will be online for a little bit more before it's bed time for me.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2014, 12:02:39 AM »
I waited as long as possible again to get the bracket updated.

Five duels went unfought this week.  As previously mentioned, I'd need an extraordinary reason to allow an extension, therefor the following went to a decision:

Deadstik
Bf 109F-4
Dodger PM

I got a PM from Dodger on Jan 31 with copies of PM's to Deadstik.  No posts or PM's from Deadstik so Dodger advances and Deadstik drops to the lower brackets.

68Raptor
Sea Hurri MkI
Sonic23

68Raptor posted here on Jan 27.  No posts from Sonic23 until today so 68Raptor advances and Sonic23 drops to the lower brackets.

4Fox
P-39D
JB11

4Fox posted here on Jan 27.  No posts from JB11 so 4Fox advances and JB11 drops to the lower brackets.

Zoney
P-47D-25
Waystin2

Both players posted on Jan 27 however Watsin2 conceded so Zoney advances and Waystin2 is eliminated.  Had Waystin2 not conceded this one would have gone to a random draw.

AKShrike
Hurri Mk II
Boo

AKShrike posted here several times beginning Jan 28.  Boo didn't post until today and then conceeded so AKShrike advances while Boo is eliminated.

F77's, Fulcrum's and JETSOM's withdrawals became official as none of them fought this week.

Copprhed and Bluberry withdrew this week. Copperhed and Dolby have this week to fight if they want to return and Bluberry has until the end of next week to make the same decision.

It was pointed out to me this week that if a player wants to avoid a specific match in the upper brackets they mearly need to withdraw, conceed or forfeit to avoid that fight even though they take their first elimination in doing so.  After thinking this through I'm not going to change the way I handle withdrawals.  If a player takes a bye to avoid a fight they they simply guarantee their loss rather than having a chance to win if they fight.

I believe the real issue was in Dolby's withdrawal and placement in the lower brackets with a lengthy series of byes.  That was simply luck of the draw.  All player and plane assignements in the game are randomly generated and I DO NOT intervene in that process.  He could have just as easily been matched immediately.  Regardless of that, should he decide to fight this week, and he's welcome to, if he wins, he'll eventually face stiffer and stiffer competition with only one loss left before elimination.

As to the random placement in the lower brackets, since going to double elimination with the last tournament, I've moved people down to random slots in the lower brackets but always on their side of the bracket.  I may change this in future tournaments to move people randomly to either side of the bracket.

Here's this week's matches.  Good luck.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
Incorrect.

I battled back from someone on my dead six at d600 in every duel and won one of them.

Ok, was his name Sunsfan?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
It's always better to dive on the merge. If you can get under your opponent, you have the advantage.

^  This.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2014, 02:34:30 AM »
looking forward to our duels 68raptor. Ill send you a pm to figure out the best time >
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:07 AM »
Should be fun Twintail.

Sonic23.. it's to bad we couldn't get the time worked out.

Just so everyone knows, Sonic23 and I where in communication the whole time.. our schedules were opposite of each other though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:04:53 AM by 68Raptor »
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2014, 07:34:27 AM »
Ace :)

PM me a time and day in GMT and I'll give you a darn good old duel. (pre-midnight GMT would be most helpful)

En guard!  :salute
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
Didn't you pull out of the tournament?

I only joined in to fight you, as you so seldom fight anyone. With you being on the other side of the bracket there was no point.
I merge like sunsfan, so I'd expect the same result had we crossed paths..

As my next round is against a friend, why not rejoin in the fun.
:)
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2014, 07:56:40 AM »
Joachim, I'm available after 9:30 PM about every night starting Tuesday.  Let me know what works for you.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2014, 08:07:54 AM »
PM sent to Violator. Why am I only fighting Muppets??  :headscratch: :D

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »
BE and Fox,

Please accept my apologies for not making the deadline last night. Log on issues from the update late last week and helping a coworker move his brother from Dallas to OKC over the weekend didn't help either as a storm came through the area to make what should've been a 2.5 hour drive to an almost 7 hour drive.  :bhead

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
My sincerest apologies to Bald and Zoney,

Gentlemen I got loaded up at the office late yesterday and it looks to stay that way for the next week or two so online time will be infrequent.   Thought it best to concede to Zoney and not hold up the tourney proceedings.  Good luck and thank you!

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!