Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34623 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #555 on: March 04, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
By the time the back seater takes the time to verbalize what the pilot should be doing it would be too late to execute the move. Dogfights aren't fights where you can think of you options, discuss these options with your coach, and then execute the agreed upon maneuver. You have to read the situation and react to it in a nano-second. One second to late and the move is useless. I doubt the back seater could verbalize what you should do quicker than half a second to give your brain time to hear what they said, proccess it, and then act upon it.

double post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:24:07 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #556 on: March 04, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »
You're all crazy.  You are applying the thinking to yourselves, and not applying it to a rookie fighting another rookie in the tourney. :salute
but you tell a rookie to pull left or pull right go up cut throttle. Well they won't know how much to go left how much up and how much throttle. All the guy riding will do is just get overwhelmed stall and die
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #557 on: March 04, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »
JOACH1M,

I'll be on for most of the night.  Let's try to get this done tonight.

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #558 on: March 04, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
JOACH1M,

I'll be on for most of the night.  Let's try to get this done tonight.

ill try to be on in a but here!  :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #559 on: March 04, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »
Since there's no confirmation from DejaVu on Nath's purported win, thus creating a dispute, and since I won't have time until this weekend to review Nath's films and render a decision and because JOACH1M and JB11 can't seem to meet deadlines the emtire procceedings are delayed until Sunday at which time I'll render decisions on who advances and who doesn't.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #560 on: March 04, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Been on three nights in a row, all night, and all day Sunday.  Don't know what else I'm supposed to do.

Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #561 on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
You're all crazy.  You are applying the thinking to yourselves, and not applying it to a rookie fighting another rookie in the tourney. :salute
I think a rookie would be dead meat given the talent that advances. Even so I disagree with a ride along coach as well.

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
Squads are for the MA.  1 v 1 tournaments are just that.  Please get out of my opponents plane.  If he's not man enough to do it by himself, he should not be in this tournament.  Get back in the MA and put forth the 13 years as I have and get better.  With patience and practice, you will get better and will not need Chewie to help you out.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
Squads are for the MA.  1 v 1 tournaments are just that.  Please get out of my opponents plane.  If he's not man enough to do it by himself, he should not be in this tournament.  Get back in the MA and put forth the 13 years as I have and get better.  With patience and practice, you will get better and will not need Chewie to help you out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  THIS....
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »

Exactly. Ride alongs are retarded to allow in a tournament.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
So tired of how this whole thing has become channel for the worst in people's character.  I open this thread up and its only more vitriol.  First it was being put in the lower bracket because INK flaked on me, then he drops out two days later.  Then comes along a clear violation of years of dueling tradition with no leadership/say whatsoever on the part of the bracket organizer, opening up a precedent that can be exploited any time out of desperation.  Then DJ doesn't film his duels and we refly it so people have some films to watch now BE's dragging his feet on the do-over films.  Not to mention the cheer leading sections.  If this is that important to some of you, you can have it.     :bolt:
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #566 on: March 05, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
So tired of how this whole thing has become channel for the worst in people's character.  I open this thread up and its only more vitriol.  First it was being put in the lower bracket because INK flaked on me, then he drops out two days later.  Then comes along a clear violation of years of dueling tradition with no leadership/say whatsoever on the part of the bracket organizer, opening up a precedent that can be exploited any time out of desperation.  Then DJ doesn't film his duels and we refly it so people have some films to watch now BE's dragging his feet on the do-over films.  Not to mention the cheer leading sections.  If this is that important to some of you, you can have it.     :bolt:

that's the second time you said that...I think you need to get your facts straight there bud.

you are the one that didn't respond to my posts.

THAT'S what sent you to the lower brackets.

as far as the rest of your whinning I thought you were above that..... :rolleyes:

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #567 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »
So tired of how this whole thing has become channel for the worst in people's character.  
Not to mention the cheer leading sections.

Same people do this in every duelling single bracket thread I have seen :angel:

Very delicate egos  :old:

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #568 on: March 05, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
  :banana:
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #569 on: March 05, 2014, 07:06:17 PM »
Just bought 200 shares of stock in P&G...the fine makers of Kleenex tissues.  Glad I did cuz it looks like we'll be selling lots of it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba