Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34174 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
;) Slash
Hehe.  No films where posted on either side of that fight :).  Mine being technical difficulties.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
I felt like suns forwent his integrity for the praise of his fellow muppets but for competitions sake all was fair.

I'm not sure if you're rationalizing the loss or just trying to make something out of nothing.  You never had a gun solution.  There was nothing dishonorable about SunsFan taking the shot he did in the context of a tournament everyone is trying to win.  Had it been an actual HO shot, you'd have a point about integrity, but as the fight went, not so much.

Also, SunsFan gets praise from us everyday because he is awesome.  He doesn't need to win a round against you to get it. 

<3 SunsFan 4ever <3

:banana:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:13:52 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Please control yourselves and act like gentlemen.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »
Batfink I agree with you and I've always respected your opinion in this game but it was you who use to get mad at me for taking those quick snapshots without letting the fight develop. I felt like suns forwent his integrity for the praise of his fellow muppets but for competitions sake all was fair. Anyways I had 2 other chances to finish it and failed lol and for that I deserve to lose. I honestly forgot it was best of 7, i got prematurely excited after the fourth fight.

You are right Sonic, I probably did get annoyed about that and whine. Probably because your quick killshot stopped me being able to show you how awesome I was.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »
Please control yourselves and act like gentlemen.

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »

You are right Sonic, I probably did get annoyed about that and whine. Probably because your quick killshot stopped me being able to show you how awesome I was.

S!

Lol don't patronize me bro

:salute
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2014, 12:06:31 PM »
I'm not, I mean it sincerely.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »
lol this is sliding down hill quickly.  If me calling that out as a HO shot is going to get you guys riled up i am sorry for doing so.

You have convinced me that the shot was clean, and i will adjust the way I judge my shots accordingly. :D

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »
If only the shoe was on the other foot..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
lol this is sliding down hill quickly.  If me calling that out as a HO shot is going to get you guys riled up i am sorry for doing so.

You have convinced me that the shot was clean, and i will adjust the way I judge my shots accordingly. :D

It's a little known fact that any shot taken by a mouse-controller is a clean shot.   :D
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »
It's a little known fact that any shot taken by a mouse-controller is a clean shot.   :D

on the rare occasion my bullets hit anything.. hehe.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

As to dragging my feet on the film reviews I'm one guy trying to keep this thing organized and real life is getting in the way of watching a lot of film until this weekend.  As soon as I have time I'll get to it and things will be moving forward again.  It's funny how players can delay duels and hold things up and no one says anything but if I do I'm dragging my feet.

B.E. the film thing continues to be a bottleneck and a point of rules violations. Perhaps it is worth considering to not make them mandatory, and revert back to a "loser needs to post them in cases of dispute only" policy. This is the latest in a series of tourneys marred by film controversies when no dueling controversy existed. The films are creating more problems, then they solve.  :salute

The work you do running this thing is appreciated.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
Competition tends to bring out the best and worst in people.

Weird feature to join in the hangar before you've even in a plane  :rolleyes:

It's a useful training tool. After a newbie joins you can change fields and aircraft and they're still attached.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
It's a useful training tool. After a newbie joins you can change fields and aircraft and they're still attached.

Yes I suppose so and suppose that was the original purpose. I think of join <player> more intuitively meaning join them in their aeroplane though.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss