Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34171 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #630 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:25 AM »
How hard is it to film? Alt R before you take off and again when the fights are over. If that's too challenging put a post it on your monitor to remind you. If you can't handle that then you can't compete.

For anyone who wants to compete and can't turn film on and off, training is available.  :D

The data would say it's not as easy as you suggest.  :salute 
Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
The data would say it's not as easy as you suggest.  :salute 

I disagree. I don't believe that the answer to a minority failing a simple task is to remove the task.
You agree to the rules when you sign up. There is time to practice filming if you haven't mastered pressing 2 keys.
I think the issue is respecting the rules not the apparent difficulty of the task.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
I disagree. I don't believe that the answer to a minority failing a simple task is to remove the task.
You agree to the rules when you sign up. There is time to practice filming if you haven't mastered pressing 2 keys.
I think the issue is respecting the rules not the apparent difficulty of the task.

After hard fought duels, people hit the wrong button and cancel rather than save a film. It's not malicious, it's human nature.  if you do it by accident after winner, the victory no longer counts.

Too big a penalty.   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
It is the price we pay for having F3 view in the DA.

No one should be able to use F3 view in this tourney, and the only way to monitor it is film

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #634 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »
Yep.....should require both competitors to post film.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #635 on: March 07, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »
After hard fought duels, people hit the wrong button and cancel rather than save a film. It's not malicious, it's human nature.  if you do it by accident after winner, the victory no longer counts.

Too big a penalty.   :salute

I understand your point but I look at it differently. Avoiding mistakes is part of dueling. Choosing fuel, ammo load, convergence, and gun package are all potential mistakes. The greater penalty for failing to save film just means you have to be more careful to save it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »

No one should be able to use F3 view in this tourney, and the only way to monitor it is film

Not only that but as competitive as this event gets in the later rounds it's the only way to evaluate the integrity of the competition.

I'll admit I don't always watch all the film, rather, depending on the community to help me out in pointing out things that may be amiss as I truly believe these films are being reviewed at large.  In large part that's why I removed the review committee, believing that the community was much more responsive than the formalized process and helping to speed the decision making process. 

In the case of DejaVu vs NathBDP, as close as the matches were, because both sides claimed wins without the others acknowledgement and because of the initial lack of film I feel I need to become more personally involved.  Unfortunately it happened during one of the two weeks in eleven tournaments where that wasn't possible for me.  I'll review films of those and Sunbat's wins tomorrow (Saturday) and post the update.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »

But but but Mr Batfink, it's important that you know that FlyinFinn and others are absolutely certain that filming fights do not show if someone is using F3 mode.  How can you be right and experten people like FlyinFinn and Surfinn be wrong.  That is simply not possible...or is it?

Also sir, F3 cannot possibly help in any kind of fight.  It's just not possible to gain any assistance from being able to use it.  You're being paranoid....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:24:36 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
If you require films from both parties and click the check box for "use recorded views" during playback, it will show if one of the players went to f3 mode.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:54:53 PM by icepac »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2014, 11:37:07 PM »
But but but Mr Batfink, it's important that you know that FlyinFinn and others are absolutely certain that filming fights do not show if someone is using F3 mode.  How can you be right and experten people like FlyinFinn and Surfinn be wrong.  That is simply not possible...or is it?

Also sir, F3 cannot possibly help in any kind of fight.  It's just not possible to gain any assistance from being able to use it.  You're being paranoid....
F3 helps if you stall out, and lose vis.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »
Why don't you use MickyD's custom 1 on 1 arena and have a judge present in God mode and he films everything.  :old:

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
F3 helps if you stall out, and lose vis.
And if hes getting under your nose and walking tracers right up to him...just sayin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2014, 10:32:51 AM »
Why don't you use MickyD's custom 1 on 1 arena and have a judge present in God mode and he films everything.  :old:

Thats a good idea.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
You can password protect it, monitor the roster, there's air spawns (saves time) and there's then an incentive to film, so your friends and squaddies can watch the fight afterwards.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #644 on: March 08, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
I personally find it rather strange that TwinTail never posted any results.  :old:
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho