Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34650 times)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #690 on: March 14, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
That landing gear shot LOL!!!  You work the flaps almost perfectly Jo amazing fights
That was nicely done...... :old:
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #691 on: March 14, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »
:headscratch: oopsy lol

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xh2t7395d22vt7i/Latrobe_Fights.zip

I like this link. 11 films with undeniable evidence of how much I suck at fighting. I recommend everyone watch this and realize that the only reason I get any kills on anyone is because they try to run away. If you stick around and just fight, then you can easily kill me.  :aok

Again, great fights Jo. One day I will get better and I will challenge you to the DA. I'm not done with you!  :D

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2014, 02:31:51 AM »
Great fights gentlemen
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2014, 03:50:40 AM »
45 pages in this thread so far and a good number of them are egomaniac drivel only marginally related to the bracket itself.  

A sad addendum to what is usually a good event.... :frown:

I concur........

as for someone joining a participant's plane....... especially in the quarterfinal rounds and beyond, although it might not show up on the right side of the film, it would show the "Ride-a-long player's name" in the top right whenever they speak..... UNLESS they used a 3rd party vox program like ventrillo......... just a thought

I , myself , see no need to have any ride-a-longs during any type of dueling bracket event or any other similar event

Congrats to both of ya'll, sunsfan and Joach1m! for making it to the Finals!

right now this is anyone's win to lose, and both of you have the ability to win this thing........ on any given sunday!

Thank You again, BaldEagl, for hosting this event and volunteering your personal time to keep all the records straight........  Man, sure seems like this one was a doozy for ya, Bro!

<S> &  :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:47 AM »
Ride alongs give someone the opportunity to see a future opponent fight.   Scouting, films, choice of planes, merges etc.  it should be outlawed.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »
Just my personal opinion and in no way proposing it be allowed, but I have no problem at all with my opponent having a ride along.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #696 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21:14 AM »
You guys are all a bit too paranoid.  :rolleyes:
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »

Revo did it!  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2014, 10:59:17 AM »

Looking at the proposition from all angles, hearing pros and cons and developing an opinion isn't paranoia.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #699 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
I rode with SunsFan for a few of his fights against Sonic.  I didn't say much because I didn't want to distract him and SunsFan doesn't need my advice anyway.  Switch that around though, and me having SunsFan ride with me in a fight could be pretty useful.  Sometimes all it takes is a useful tip or two to turn a fight from a loss to a win. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #700 on: March 15, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
Just my personal opinion and in no way proposing it be allowed, but I have no problem at all with my opponent having a ride along.
+1

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #701 on: March 15, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »
It seems as though double elimination is producing some great fighting in the final rounds.  In fact, I think it's produced more even matches throughout the tournament and thus, a litte more fun for everyone involved.

We've had our second participant climb out of the lower brackets this week, this time advancing to the finals.  Congrats to JOACH1M on winning two rounds to advance and congrats to Sunsfan for making the finals.

I've had fun watching the films from these later rounds and just finished watching the JOACH1M/Latrobe duels.  These fights bring up a question for the community which I'll take under advisment for any future tournaments.  I noticed JOACH1M used WEP pretty extensively on his way to the fights giving him about a 10 mph speed advantage at the merge in most of the duels (there were exceptions).  While there's no rule against this and won't be for the final matchup in this tournament my question is, should this be allowed?  It would be difficult to enforce until the quarterfinals where films are required but not immpossible as players could review their own films and file a dispute if they wanted to.  I know what my thoughts are but am curious what others think.

I was wondering about a few things and took a look back.  Here's a list of former tournament winners and runners-up:

Tournament 10:  JOACH1M/Sonic23
Tournament 9:  JOACH1M/TC
Tournament 8:  JOACH1M/DrSpek
Tournament 7:  Bruv119/Krupnski
Tournament 6:  Krupnski/Technical DQ
Tournament 5:  batfinkv/dedalos
Tournament4:  TonyJoey/Grizz
Tournament 3:  JB11/cactus
Tournament 2:  JB11/Grizz
Tournament 1:  moot/batfinkv

JOACH1M seems to be on a roll.  I just hadn't realized how impressive it's been.  Can he make it an unprecidented fourth consecutive championship or will Sunsfan break his streak?  We'll soon find out.

Here's the final match of the tournament.  You have until next Sunday to get this in.  Since both of you have recorded a loss there are no contingency rounds; it's simply four wins for glory.  Good luck to both of you and may the best pilot win.

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #702 on: March 15, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
I've been following the discussion regarding ride-alongs and was just having this thought (after my last post) that I thought I'd add to the discussion.

In every sporting event the coach(es) are standing on the sidelines and coaching at every opportunity.  If we think of this as a sporting event then the idea of having a ride-along/coach would seem like an appropriate thing to do.  In fact, it may make for a better tournament/learning experience for those not accustomed to dueling or for those looking to improve their acm or advance further in the tournament.  I could even see people seeking out coaches prior to the tournament start and ultimately, better players would make for better fights in the MA.

Anyway, just my current thought.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #703 on: March 15, 2014, 03:39:55 PM »
Epic first plane!  :noid  :cool:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member