Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34761 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
 I noticed JOACH1M used WEP pretty extensively on his way to the fights giving him about a 10 mph speed advantage at the merge in most of the duels (there were exceptions).  While there's no rule against this and won't be for the final matchup in this tournament my question is, should this be allowed?  It would be difficult to enforce until the quarterfinals where films are required but not immpossible as players could review their own films and file a dispute if they wanted to.  

Any one else read this a laugh at how regawddamdiculous this is gradually becoming a farcical? WEP to the merge isn't 'cheating' a duel *facepalm*
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Any one else read this a laugh at how regawddamdiculous this is gradually becoming a farcical? WEP to the merge isn't 'cheating' a duel *facepalm*

Rite lol. There's an easier way to fix this problem it's called "using WEP too".
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2014, 04:47:14 PM »
  I noticed JOACH1M used WEP pretty extensively on his way to the fights giving him about a 10 mph speed advantage at the merge in most of the duels (there were exceptions).  While there's no rule against this and won't be for the final matchup in this tournament my question is, should this be allowed?

BE, are you serious right now? There should never be rules regarding WEP usage.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »

I never accused anyone of cheating and simply asked for opinions.  Thank you for yours.

I also said that I already had my own opinion (which is that it's OK) but thought I'd open it up before someone else watched the films and brought it up.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:01:55 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
From your wording I inferred you were implying cheating. Hence the '     '
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #710 on: March 15, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »
Looking at the proposition from all angles, hearing pros and cons and developing an opinion isn't paranoia.

The films for every fight are posted here... It's paranoia.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #711 on: March 15, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
WEP should always be allowed. I do not like fights where you know everything about your opponent before you even get off the runway. It doesn't make the fight very fun or interesting. In the DA you know who you're fighting, what alt you will merge at, what plane they will be flying, what speed he will be at, and that he won't shoot on the merge. This really doesn't make for very interesting fights IMO. I think the most interesting and fun fights you will find are in the MA where you have no idea who you are fighting, what style of flying they fly, what alt they are at, what planes you'll meet, their E states, or if he's going to take HO shots. You know absolutely nothing about your opponent until you start to merge and figure it out as you go, and this element of the unknown makes fights far more interesting IMO.

Though I know the point of this Dueling Tourney is to Duel so rules have to be set.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #712 on: March 15, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »
WEP should always be allowed. I do not like fights where you know everything about your opponent before you even get off the runway. It doesn't make the fight very fun or interesting. In the DA you know who you're fighting, what alt you will merge at, what plane they will be flying, what speed he will be at, and that he won't shoot on the merge. This really doesn't make for very interesting fights IMO. I think the most interesting and fun fights you will find are in the MA where you have no idea who you are fighting, what style of flying they fly, what alt they are at, what planes you'll meet, their E states, or if he's going to take HO shots. You know absolutely nothing about your opponent until you start to merge and figure it out as you go, and this element of the unknown makes fights far more interesting IMO.

Though I know the point of this Dueling Tourney is to Duel so rules have to be set.

While I understand that rules need to be set for these ladders, I think you have to draw the line when considering limiting use of the inherent capabilities of the planes.  The issue with not doing so is where to draw the line i.e. flap usage? dive breaks? tail gun (if the 110 or 410 are drawn)? etc etc etc....

Gets messy and I'm not so sure it's fair.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #713 on: March 15, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »
Damn Joachim. I forgot that it was 3 in a row.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #714 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
If anything, I think duels should start on the deck.  The 7k merge stuff just gives too much lateral separation and speed.  IMO.  It's probably because I have ADD and like close in fights though. 

I have no problem with WEP -- use it before the merge, it runs out and you have less chance of using it when it counts.

If someone wants to ride along to learn something or just for entertainment, I don't see a problem.  Certainly there are some situations where the ride along can give feedback but its not enough to justify trying to enforce it. 
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #715 on: March 16, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
Damn Joachim. I forgot that it was 3 in a row.

LOL, me too.  I'm rooting for the underdog now, even though he's a dirty face shooting, mud in your face throwin, sonuvagun.  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:19:32 AM by Nath[BDP] »
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #716 on: March 17, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »
A perfectly head on guns cold merge at co-altitude would be fine as long as the contestants are shown to be at the agreed upon merge altitude from first showing icon until the actual merge itself.

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #717 on: March 17, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
A perfectly head on guns cold merge at co-altitude would be fine as long as the contestants are shown to be at the agreed upon merge altitude from first showing icon until the actual merge itself.

Lol one time in this tournament a dude dove from 7.5k straight to the deck. I was like let me pretend like I'm gonna dive too but now I'm just going to climb and yea it's pretty much over.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
 :salute Joachim. I've never had a boring fight against you, this should be fun.  :rock
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.