Author Topic: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 34148 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Eleventh Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #735 on: March 18, 2014, 06:35:06 PM »
I see them as pretty pointless as it only prolongs the inevitable or introduces the chance that a hill might decide a fight...which is a bit silly. For a pure 1v1 deck merges is all you need tbh.
well the hill could be our enemy or your fiend depending how well your SA and strategy works. For me it's about 70/30. 70 being the hill helps me some how.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #736 on: March 18, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »
well the hill could be our enemy or your fiend depending how well your SA and strategy works. For me it's about 70/30. 70 being the hill helps me some how.

heard your a wep using cheat!  :old:

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #737 on: March 18, 2014, 06:55:14 PM »
You've pulled! :aok

I've never hesitated to do so....which is odd given how timid I am. 

This Thursday, Friday or Saturday night work for me.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #738 on: March 18, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »
heard your a wep using cheat!  :old:

Maybe we should introduce restrictor plate dueling!   :old:

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #739 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »
I've never hesitated to do so....which is odd given how timid I am. 

This Thursday, Friday or Saturday night work for me.

Lol, whenever.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #740 on: March 19, 2014, 01:17:39 AM »
One of the best parts about these dueling bracket tournaments BE hosts for us.... Or the monthly KOTH events that a lot of the same players in this tournament BE hosts, also compete in is having the memories of remembering when some of the players first came to Aces High and being able to watch them grow from being a completely new player and see them progress over the months , then over the years... Watching them make that climb up the learning curve... Such as Joach1m, Ace, tonyjoey and others have done....

Their are many others who have done the same climb up that learning curve... and it is a great thing to witness...

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #741 on: March 19, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »
:salute TC for some reason every tournament I was in we always crossed paths in the brackets.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #742 on: March 19, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »

Their are many others who have done the same climb up that learning curve... and it is a great thing to witness...

Cheers

TC
:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #743 on: March 19, 2014, 02:46:53 PM »
One of the best parts about these dueling bracket tournaments BE hosts for us.... Or the monthly KOTH events that a lot of the same players in this tournament BE hosts, also compete in is having the memories of remembering when some of the players first came to Aces High and being able to watch them grow from being a completely new player and see them progress over the months , then over the years... Watching them make that climb up the learning curve... Such as Joach1m, Ace, tonyjoey and others have done....

Cheers

TC

It's pretty cool even from the standpoint of someone who started flying around the same time.  It's kind of like watching your friends grow up and strive to go further than I have gone, and then watch them succeed.  I know several of the players that started playing when I did could absolutely own me in just about any plane.  We all owe it to the trainers (like yourself TC) that have worked with us and even the veteran players that have taken the time to give us any help or tips.  This is why I spend more time in the Training Arena than I do anywhere.  I like to take the opportunity to take whatever knowledge I have and spread it to the new guys, all while steadily learning new things.  It's my way of giving back to the community.  I'm hoping by the time the next tournament comes around I am comfortable enough to join up and see how far I get!

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #744 on: March 24, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Are you guys planning on holding these duels or what?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #745 on: March 24, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
Are you guys planning on holding these duels or what?

I've been checking this thread everyday, waiting to see who won and waiting to watch the films......

:salute TC for some reason every tournament I was in we always crossed paths in the brackets.

Yes Sir, ACE, we've had some good times in BE's dueling bracket..... I think you've took me out 3 or 4 times whether it was the quarter finals or semi-finals , for like 3 to 5 tournaments running there....

It's pretty cool even from the standpoint of someone who started flying around the same time.  It's kind of like watching your friends grow up and strive to go further than I have gone, and then watch them succeed.  I know several of the players that started playing when I did could absolutely own me in just about any plane.  We all owe it to the Veteran Players that have worked with us and that have taken the time to give us any help or tips. This is why I spend more time in the Training Arena than I do anywhere.  I like to take the opportunity to take whatever knowledge I have and spread it to the new guys, all while steadily learning new things.  It's my way of giving back to the community.  I'm hoping by the time the next tournament comes around I am comfortable enough to join up and see how far I get!

#S#

Josh

<S> Josh!

I did a slight edit to your original post..... that I think is more fitting  from my perspective...  in your post you also said the following:

I like to take the opportunity to take whatever knowledge I have and spread it to the new guys, all while steadily learning new things.  It's my way of giving back to the community.

for me, this is what it is all about!  This is how I have looked at it every since the first times that either Damned Chick, Boozer, Subby, Dragon, Rapier, Damned Jehrig, Merchant or Mute and others kept taking me to the Training Arena and without me asking for help... they offered it up!

ok you 2 finalists!  show us your films ...... best of luck to both of you

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:43:30 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #746 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
Epic fights for sure
https://www.mediafire.com/?

109g14 suns
ki84 suns
109f Jo
109f Jo
109g6 suns
109f Jo
109g14 Suns

:rock :rock :rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salute :salute :salute :airplane: :joystick: :aok
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:45:31 AM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #747 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:13 PM »
109G14- SunsFan
KI84- SunsFan
109F- Joach1m
109F- Joach1m
109G6- SunsFan
109F- Joach1m
109G14- SunsFan

Those were the most intense fights i've ever had, truly great.  :salute
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #748 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:18 AM »
Congrats Sunsfan.  It's been a long time coming for you and beating JOACH1M to do it was surely not easy. 

I'll get the final bracket posted as soon as I get a chance.  Can't wait to see the films... another series goes all the way to the last fight.  An epic close to this tournament starting with close fights from the QF's right to the end.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #749 on: March 25, 2014, 12:56:14 AM »
I just wish someone had picked a 109. Congrats both Suns and Jo.  :)