Author Topic: NEW PLANE: Tupolev TU-2  (Read 23075 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: NEW PLANE: Tupolev TU-2
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »
the Tu-2 has indeed just one slot in the gunsight options list and the not showing gunsight on the gunners position is a bug on your end.

The big is that they didnt make gunner positions separate in preferences/gunsights like as in every other airplane/vehicle in the game with more then one gunner position.

Thats the only bug I can see.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2014, 07:29:24 AM »

Does it seam that the guns on the TU-2 do not line up with these number? It looks like the top guns can depress ether side of the body, but atm it feels like a flat plan as you traverse them.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 28, 2014, 07:36:47 AM »
The big is that they didnt make gunner positions separate in preferences/gunsights like as in every other airplane/vehicle in the game with more then one gunner position.

Thats the only bug I can see.

So not being able to see the default gunsight in gunners position while others players do is none?  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:14 AM »

So not being able to see the default gunsight in gunners position while others players do is none?  :)

Well I have no problem seeing the B26s in exterior views while on the runway. :D

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »
F3 views not working. Did HTC managed to make a bomber with F3 disabled?

Somehow I was able to deack an entire v base with this one without taking a hit. I my mossie gets anywhere within auto back range I start losing coolant oil and blood almost instantly. Perhaps just luck.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »

It's rolling from the fighter hangar at the moment, that's why ;)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
Tu-2S vs Ki-67

A direct comparison at almost same loadout and fuel endurance:

Of course, the Tu-2 will probably rarely actually flown with such a light bomb load, while the Ki-67 can greatly extend its range (+~20minutes) by taking 100% fuel with only a minor reduction in climb rate. The Ki-67 has also better defensive capabilities.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: January 28, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »

It's rolling from the fighter hangar at the moment, that's why ;)

Ah OK, Skuzzy had said would be fixed in next patch.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #263 on: January 28, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »

Somehow I was able to deack an entire v base with this one without taking a hit. I my mossie gets anywhere within auto back range I start losing coolant oil and blood almost instantly. Perhaps just luck.

I think it is connected to the difference between 2 liquid cooled engines and two radial engines + the difference between the wooden plane and metal one.

Now, if

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire

Than Tu-2S is twice the LaLa...  :aok

I have a feeling I'm going to love this plane, according to the charts its performance (climb speed) is very close to Boston and little bit better than K-67, but it has much more defensive power then Boston and it has a much higher bomb load than both of these planes.

Flew it one sortie, managed to do some damage to airfield and than escape a Spit-9 that managed to do only one pass and than stayed behind...
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
The Japanese didn't seem to keen on heavy bomb loads, even for bombers that clearly had the power and lift to carry much, much heavier loads.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »
I have a feeling I'm going to love this plane, according to the charts its performance (climb speed) is very close to Boston and little bit better than K-67, but it has much more defensive power then Boston and it has a much higher bomb load than both of these planes.

Thats why Ive been screaming for it for years. Yesterday I had one hold together at 450 mph in a dive. Can any of its contemporaries match that?

And its a beautiful bird as well. I think. Course for sheer two engined beauty nothing comes close to a Mossie.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #266 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:44 AM »
Thats why Ive been screaming for it for years. Yesterday I had one hold together at 450 mph in a dive. Can any of its contemporaries match that?

And its a beautiful bird as well. I think. Course for sheer two engined beauty nothing comes close to a Mossie.

Mitsubishi Ki-46-III is the prettiest twin engined aircraft of WWII.  Mossie is good looking too, but not as much.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:33 PM »
The Japanese didn't seem to keen on heavy bomb loads, even for bombers that clearly had the power and lift to carry much, much heavier loads.
B17s did not carry the max load that we have in the game to Berlin. Long ranges required smaller payloads. I think the Japanese bombers we have carry the bomb load that correspond to the typical long ranges they flew.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
B17s did not carry the max load that we have in the game to Berlin. Long ranges required smaller payloads. I think the Japanese bombers we have carry the bomb load that correspond to the typical long ranges they flew.

The IJA's design specifications for the Ki-67 are for an 800kg bomb load.  Mitsubishi complied, even though its 1800hp engines and size would have easily allowed a 4-6k load for shorter flights.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2014, 12:27:39 PM »

I don't know, was it because the Japanese planes were just not made for overload bomb loadouts, or that the US pushed their planes to the limit during testing and documented it?