Author Topic: NEW PLANE: Tupolev TU-2  (Read 22037 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: NEW PLANE: Tupolev TU-2
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2014, 12:37:33 AM »

I'm sorry  :(

I usually refrain from bombing tank battles like that, but I had to test the new toy somewhere. You died in the name of science  :old:

:lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:59 AM »

I'm sorry  :(

I usually refrain from bombing tank battles like that, but I had to test the new toy somewhere. You died in the name of science  :old:

That's what I said I never took you as a bomb****  :)

I guess it makes it ok knowing that I was a test dummy.  But that was only the second time I'd ever upped one  :cry.  Oh well...my M3 of Doom will get those perks back :rock
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2014, 03:51:37 AM »
Well its turned out to be everything I expected it to be over the years of whining for it.

The speed of an attacker/destroyer. The bombload approaching that of the heavies. Better then average handling and versatility. And "Built in the MotherLand tough".

I couldnt be more thrilled with it. Nice job by Aces High.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »

How much damage does it soak up compared with the legendary  led-sponge A20 ?

Judge for yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cvkt70yl8x4z49/first%20TU-2%20kill_0003.ahf

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2014, 05:27:54 AM »
Well its turned out to be everything I expected it to be over the years of whining for it.

The speed of an attacker/destroyer.  Better then average handling and versatility. And "Built in the MotherLand tough".

I couldnt be more thrilled with it. Nice job by Aces High.

Took it up for the first time last night on a fighter sortie.....had a ton of fun...killed an  Jug and a 109 first run.... handled pretty well....started to get very unresponsive the faster I got..... so controlling speed in a dive was critical. Its an extremely stable gun platform....Cant wait to climb back into it. :aok

Oh wait, were supposed to bomb with it? But it has 2 engines, i just assumed HTC just added another real fighter  :D

Thanks HTC  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:33:41 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:23 AM »
Downloaded the game and tested this plane offline. This thing can turn and climb like a better fighter.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
Downloaded the game and tested this plane offline. This thing can turn and climb like a better fighter.

It's an amazing heavy fighter. I managed to shoot down two n1k's in about ten seconds earlier.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2014, 07:49:37 AM »
 I flew it off line and found in is pretty fast and can turn well and I had some success with the hammerhead. Not much of a bomb carrier with half the bomb load as a P-51D. Still new planes are always cool.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2014, 07:59:40 AM »
Not much of a bomb carrier with half the bomb load as a P-51D. Still new planes are always cool.

Are you sure it was the Tu-2 you were trying? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
Great addition , but seems to be very weak for a bomber, burns and disintegrates  like paper plane;  i vaporized a set easy from his 6 o'clock , only 1 pass in fwD9, ( 2x 20mm);  the 2nd set i attacked in K-4 got 2 bombers in 1 pass and he smoked my motor; :lol ;  maybe I'm wrong but this is my first impression;

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »
I flew it off line and found in is pretty fast and can turn well and I had some success with the hammerhead. Not much of a bomb carrier with half the bomb load as a P-51D. Still new planes are always cool.

6,600+ pounds of bombs is less than half of that of a P-51D? I took four 500 kilo bombs last night, just improve the climb rate. That's still more than double what the Mustang can haul......
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2014, 08:17:56 AM »
6,600+ pounds of bombs is less than half of that of a P-51D? I took four 500 kilo bombs last night, just improve the climb rate. That's still more than double what the Mustang can haul......
yep, 3000 kg x 2.2 (lb/kg)=6,600 lbs; more than B17s and faster

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
And the 1,000 kgs really make a bang when they go off. Forgetaboutit if your in a GV, I'd bet one sally of 3 would take out both the bomber and the fighter hangar. And CVs have a serious problem now unless there is a CAP flying over it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »
  TU2 enters compression around 505 TAS and breaks at 510 TAS,ailerons seem to depart first.  Rudder isn't very effective,it's ok but I thought it would have more authority.

It also has a viscious stall,much like the 110C but it is easy to recover from.

Wep seems to have a bug as it seems to run forever,could be I mistaken on my time but it ran for over 5mins when I shut it down.

:salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »
Wep seems to have a bug as it seems to run forever,could be I mistaken on my time but it ran for over 5mins when I shut it down.

Has the same engine as the La-7, which has 10 minutes of WEP
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman