Author Topic: CV Gunnery - Sea mode tips  (Read 487 times)

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
CV Gunnery - Sea mode tips
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
Hi Guys,

Been playing a while now and have figured out (I think!!) most of the games finer points, and feel comfortable in the air and in GV's.... BUT

I cannot figure out CV gunnery in a ship to ship battle.  I understand the yellow sight is where the gun is pointing and the grey sight is where I am looking but how should I read the scales? How do I work out range and lead to target etc?

Any tips would be much appreciated! 

Thanks! :cheers: :airplane:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: CV Gunnery - Sea mode tips
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:06:27 AM »
I prefer the 8" guns for ship to ship. Once the enemy CV group is spotted, zoom in as closely as possible...which can take a minute or two if your CV is turning. As the guns are raised for longer firing solutions (8k - 15+k) you need to compensate your view angle. Do this by hitting F8 and then using keypad 8 or 2 to raise or lower your view. Now it's simply a matter of ranging in your salvos. CV groups racing towards each other close distance quickly, so you'll need to keep adjusting the KP 8 & 2 to maintain the visual.

There's more thorough info on this, and land mode gunnery in H&T. Keep digging or do a forum search.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »

Offline whata83

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
Check out "BlackJack"'s explanations here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357591.0.html

:aok Great link! Thanks for the info Fugitive.  Had been searching the forums but didn't find this one!  I'll go put into practice what I've read and will see how I get on.

CV groups racing towards each other close distance quickly, so you'll need to keep adjusting the KP 8 & 2 to maintain the visual.

:salute Thanks Max, another good tip!
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci