Author Topic: Put Planes back in the GV game  (Read 7360 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Put Planes back in the GV game
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
Didn't know that. How does one do this?

Options/Arena Setup/Offline Drones  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
-1 there was never planes stationed in armored viechle garrisons.

pre-request for planes are airfields... no airfield no planes.

That being said , I would support a idea which would enable us to set forward airfield bases lets say in exchange of some perk points
or lets say dropping a fixed number of field supports at certain place on the map...
of course this bases will allow only certain type of planes ...
they wont have any defenses and they will require constant supply runs to keep field running (for ammo and fuel).
Instead of being capture , this bases will be totally destroyed once hit with enough ords...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:05:29 AM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
-1  Let GV guys have their bases and tank islands.  You know if we bomb too much we take away from the GV guy's fun.  Want to have a great time?  Spot for them.  They help out on our six calls all of the time.

Work on the spawn points next to the airfields.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
This weekend we had the Crater MA map. Almost one half the player base was fighting at TT in GV's. That's almost half the player base I don't get to play with.

I don't GV ....I fly a Panzernacker. Why shouldn't I get to play the way I would like? Some one suggested I fly my JU87G2 over 25 miles and over the 16k mountains then drop in and get my tank kills. WHY? The GV's are not having to do the same, what with the spawn points all over the map, most just leading to another GV base!

I fly my plane all the way over there and get shot right away, now I have to spend another 30 min to get back?  WHY? the GV's get shot and the are right back in 5 seconds. Why cant I just re-up at the GV base? It's a GV killing plane? It's not for fighting other planes? They are for shooting GV's!

Make it so a select few planes can play the GV game the way the GV's get to play.... that's what there here for.

Why should I be eliminated from a chance at 40% of the player base I pay to play with?

Edit:
The Yak 9T proved very effective against armor and ships... built for it or not and gives one fast plane to handle flaks ..so I would leave it. When and if we ever get the Hs-129 that may be a substitute.

Bombs I could take or leave those ......Historically not correct.... but for the chance at having planes on GV bases I would consider removing those. That would take out the Ju87D-3 which I don't believe is right. I haven't tried the HurrD so I'm not sure how that is with flaks. I don't bomb**** period. If the GV's are to far away like at FT I will take a P-40n with 3 eggs and try to pick off moving tanks at FT... that's not bomb****ing. Mostly and 2000 <1996> :x kills so far with a JU87G2.

I'm pretty sure HT could coad the New GvBase/Supply and Plane Fix ...rearm pad to be specific to those few planes only. Just like the GV's get with supplys and all.  :aok

:cheers:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:28:22 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »
-1  Let GV guys have their bases and tank islands.  You know if we bomb too much we take away from the GV guy's fun.  Want to have a great time?  Spot for them.  They help out on our six calls all of the time.

Work on the spawn points next to the airfields.

Originally it was FT Island ......newbie  :neener:

I want to have an even greater time  :aok ...... I want to SHOOT them with a plane made for SHOOTING them.  :aok

What if there are no spawns to the airfields.... then what ?

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »
About as far as aircraft at a Vbase should go is the Fw 189 Uhu. 2 20mm cannons and 4 50kg bombs.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »

:headscratch:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »
-1  :huh
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 10:32:51 AM »
-1  :huh

Oh common Jimmy ....get out of the dweebfire and have some good O'le fashion fun plinking a few tanks in some german iron.... :D

Go get you leather on,  :O

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 01:44:38 PM »
+1 tank busters at gv bases without ords...there is no shame in bomb***ding...I have lost many a tiger to this and I'm not gonna lie it infuriates me but oh well...its not like I cant gain the perks back in a few sorties or just bring a fighter back to kill the @#$%$#@ who just bombed my tank  :)
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline ddotS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
My wish is for the Tank busting planes to be allowed to take off from GV bases. Tank busters are part of the GV's game. I don't think its fair that GV's can run off to the corner of the map, or the center in this case, and get away from the planes and have their own little war. I don't care for the fact that GVer's don't have to join the game or have their own game inside the game where if they like can just go spawn and sit blasting away with no care about the planes. We have GV's on the air base we should have tank related planes at GV bases. There is already a hanger just need the re-arm pad.

Ju87G2
Yak-9T
Hurri IID
Ju87D-3
Il2

I like to shoot tanks I can't do that on allot of the maps or most of the time when I log in.... especially on Greebos Sanctuary map for GV's. Make it so we can shoot tanks anytime we like.

Put the air game back in the ground game,

Wow, that is one terrible idea. -1
Stodd. ~~No Evil~~
POTW
Not back

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
+1
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 12:12:26 AM »
In Greebo's TT, the wribel drivers would have a shooting gallery. Without bomb's, winning against a lone wirbel is about a 30-70 in favor of the wribel. Consider a pack of them knowing they don't have to move, just use the camped tanks as bait. And all those supplies everyone M3's into there. I love wirbeling at TT right after I run two sets of supplies.

Then at normal GV bases, the GV busters become easy mode kills for newbies in late war iron while the smart GV spawners bring along a few wirbels. Moral to the story: Kill the fighter hanger first.

And limit the GV hunters to 25% or 50% fuel so they are a local expression of force. First time someone long range camps that hanger and sniper kills all GV hunters trying to take off. Oh the inhumanity of those evil long range GVers with their uber optics not giving us a chance whines. Be a nice target for bombers on their first pass to rack up kills.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 02:56:22 AM »
A lot of the 40% that you don't get to fight on one single map are regular peelots on the other maps. I know, I'm one of 'em, Greebo TT is good for awhile, but then I go see what I can find in a ftr. Push their gv fun on one map out of existence and do you think they'll stay around AH?

With so much to do, so many choices in our modern world, I doubt they'd stay if they felt they weren't much welcome anymore.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
In Greebo's TT, the wribel drivers would have a shooting gallery. Without bomb's, winning against a lone wirbel is about a 30-70 in favor of the wribel. Consider a pack of them knowing they don't have to move, just use the camped tanks as bait. And all those supplies everyone M3's into there. I love wirbeling at TT right after I run two sets of supplies.

Then at normal GV bases, the GV busters become easy mode kills for newbies in late war iron while the smart GV spawners bring along a few wirbels. Moral to the story: Kill the fighter hanger first.

And limit the GV hunters to 25% or 50% fuel so they are a local expression of force. First time someone long range camps that hanger and sniper kills all GV hunters trying to take off. Oh the inhumanity of those evil long range GVers with their uber optics not giving us a chance whines. Be a nice target for bombers on their first pass to rack up kills.

Gv's at Greebos or any TT/FT don't give a care about the "Game". They don't have to engage in the "Game" all they have to do is push the button die and push another button  die repeat, they could care less about the "game"... matter fact they will go out of there way not to help their teammates or should I say help out their fellow GV'ers, in different to sides in the game.

Yesterday map was up... FT with Tanks in the middle. The rook air base was taken but not the vbase by the bish. The rook gv'ers could have come and help regain the base by spawning to a1 instead of spawning in the middle , a couple did, the rest couldn't care less. There was no place else to kill GV's on the map for GV's or Planes. So they just hammer on.... caring less about their teammates that wanted to fly at FT. This not only helps them <more to shoot> but helps their fellow GV'er on the other sides <planes gone>. So everything is good in the GV world  :aok

Then the HQ goes down... do the GVers come to help ... nope they don't need dar. ....just sit there blasting away over and over and over.... safe and sound, secure tucked away from the big bad "Game" and its planes. There like parasites sucking the life out of the game. They can run off to some corner and blast away by the hundreds. When there is no TT there will be 2 fights some where on the map. Some where tucked away... 2 GV bases next to each other or a spawn between two country's GV base or on an island.....We don't get to play away from them why do they get to play away from us?

Do I really care? ... yes/nope... I just logged. Can you blame me? I mean.... I just want to go play where all the folks are ... in my PLANE!

So.... in a "Air Combat Simulation Game" the Airplane pilot's are the ones that leave or if they want to play grab a GV? The GV's get stay and blast away?  We are worried about the GV'ers leaving?  We are worried about every one leaving? Put every one back together. Brand this thing "Aces Low" and get on with it?

Well.... I just want to join the GV's and add some more spice to "their game".  Break up their push, fire, die monotony, and throw a look up once in awhile in there...  pretty soon they will be the majority and the air game will be dead, they will need us, if its not that way already. Least it will be easy maintenance we'll only need 3 bases in the future   :frown:

Let's get everyone back together.... tell the statistician to scram ....and put the fun for everyone back in the game. Just like the strait, move everyone was having fun again. Hell I actually got a few runs on a strait. 

And Buster I hope my "Air Tank" makes every last one of them jump in their flak panzies....cupola commander cheese cakes scaredicats ....  :furious 

Planes rule and GV's drool,