Author Topic: Track IR  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Track IR
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
My pro clip broke as well.  They were quick to send me another.  You can tell by the software, their product and service, these people care.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »
I was gonna buy TrakcIR, after a small search I founded that you can build it by yourself only for 15buck (freetrack)...

now i am waiting for next gen. oculus rift
http://www.oculusvr.com/

I take it that you already own all the components necessary and all the tools?  If you go out to the web site and watch the how too videos the tools and components alone run far more than 15bucks. and I take it that you don't plan to pay a fee for the software, not even a contribution that they request.  Good luck with your build, perhaps you can take some photos of the finished product.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 11:27:23 AM »
I take it that you already own all the components necessary and all the tools?  If you go out to the web site and watch the how too videos the tools and components alone run far more than 15bucks. and I take it that you don't plan to pay a fee for the software, not even a contribution that they request.  Good luck with your build, perhaps you can take some photos of the finished product.

if you referring to Freetrack, yep I build one its working fine and cost me only 3 leds, 1 resistor and 9 wolt battery. (here is small video showing the Freetrack in game: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/3ii6u15xk16rdh4/freetrack.mp4)

If you are referring the oculus, I am not of course buying the developers kit (not that I can not utilize it, but because i don't have time).
They working on a commercial version with 6dod. etc... so I am waiting for that one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:44:54 PM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 01:09:57 AM »
Well I can see the advantages of the system, it's still far from perfect, at least for me. I find that I still can't reliably see straight up, and the views to the rear are a lot worse than with the hat switch. I've tried messing with the x y z settings, but nothing seems to fix the problem. What's worse, when I'm trying to look around in the middle of a fight, the view often focuses in a totally useless position.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:16:29 AM »
Muzzy, how about this out-of-the-box solution: Map one button for looking straight up and another to center the view?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 01:21:37 AM »
Muzzy, make sure that you have mapped your TIR center and pause buttons to unused AH buttons.

Weird things happen if you don't.

You may also want to try this old driver out. It is the last driver that will let you look past 180 degrees.

I have used this with XP 32 bit and Win 7 64 Bit. Works fine in AH.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/TrackIR_5.0.beta.03.exe
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:26:28 AM by ColTomb »

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 05:51:11 AM »
Muzzy, make sure that you have mapped your TIR center and pause buttons to unused AH buttons.

Weird things happen if you don't.

You may also want to try this old driver out. It is the last driver that will let you look past 180 degrees.

I have used this with XP 32 bit and Win 7 64 Bit. Works fine in AH.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/TrackIR_5.0.beta.03.exe

I did not think you could look past 180deg in any direction in game  :confused:

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »

I was referring to this statement by you.
I was gonna buy TrakcIR, after a small search I founded that you can build it by yourself only for 15buck (freetrack)...

I think it better to assume as a starting point that the interested party owns none of the tools needed or components necessary and wouldn't know a pigtail splice if their life depended on it.  From that starting point the price tag is in the range of $60.00 bucks, not 15. because "bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly", remember that one from Basic electronics 101.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 08:59:52 AM »
I was referring to this statement by you.
I think it better to assume as a starting point that the interested party owns none of the tools needed or components necessary and wouldn't know a pigtail splice if their life depended on it.  From that starting point the price tag is in the range of $60.00 bucks, not 15. because "bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly", remember that one from Basic electronics 101.

lol man did you read my previous reply... freetrack costs tops 15bucks , 3 leds , 1 resistor 1 9wolt battery ..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:08:22 AM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
lol man did you read my previous reply... freetrack costs tops 15bucks , 3 leds , 1 resistor 1 9wolt battery ..

here check this video, I used much cheaper stuff like regular red leds, lots of cartoon , super glue no switch and pipette instead of hanger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8lI1Lc5EQ
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

...and he is saying that a soldering iron cost $15, solder costs another $3, the parts $15, the hardware to build it on (plastic strips, what ever)$20 and video camera $20. Freetrack isn't really all that "free". And yes I know all about it as I built one and posted my findings years ago. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,223422.0.html

It is cheaper IF you own the tools and camera, but it the long run, I bought TrackIR and it's better.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:16 AM »

Dont mind at all, I cant post a file here from my PC and I dont have a way to file share except copy and paste  :uhoh if this dont work for you let me know a good file sharing site and I will open up an account.

<snip>

Thanks, it took a bit of twisting and tweaking, but it's up and loaded. Will give it a run today. Thanks

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
...and he is saying that a soldering iron cost $15, solder costs another $3, the parts $15, the hardware to build it on (plastic strips, what ever)$20 and video camera $20. Freetrack isn't really all that "free". And yes I know all about it as I built one and posted my findings years ago. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,223422.0.html

It is cheaper IF you own the tools and camera, but it the long run, I bought TrackIR and it's better.
here :
how you  build it less than 15$s  (I know it does not look very cool but as long as its cheap and works fine i really dont care.) As far as the camera goes , I am using freetrack with the build in camera on my laptop and i had no problems at all. So i did not paid anything extra for the camera.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:07:07 PM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
here :
how you  build it less than 15$s  (I know it does not look very cool but as long as its cheap and works fine i really dont care.) As far as the camera goes , I am using freetrack with the build in camera on my laptop and i had no problems at all. So i did not paid anything extra for the camera.

But as some time, you bought or was given all the components, someone paid for them.   It looks like you use your headset to mount it on, so you bought your headset.  You owned a or bowered a soldering iron and solder that someone paid for.   You bought a computer with a built in camera, or perhaps you just bowered that to, but someone paid money for it.  You didn't just build a freetrack for $15.00, somewhere along the line someone, maybe not you but someone paid for all the tools and components.  That list of components the cost is more than $15.00 bucks.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »
But as some time, you bought or was given all the components, someone paid for them.   It looks like you use your headset to mount it on, so you bought your headset.  You owned a or bowered a soldering iron and solder that someone paid for.   You bought a computer with a built in camera, or perhaps you just bowered that to, but someone paid money for it.  You didn't just build a freetrack for $15.00, somewhere along the line someone, maybe not you but someone paid for all the tools and components.  That list of components the cost is more than $15.00 bucks.

Imao.....  :ahand

if you think like that... dont even bother cooking food at home to safe money... because probably all the kitchen equipment you gonna use already costs way too much... you better eat outside all the time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:43:03 PM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -