Author Topic: Updating my soundpack  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Updating my soundpack
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
Hey guys, I'm currently using Sketchworks soundpack, which I think was last updated in 2010.  There are currently 24 models that are using default sounds.  Several of them I could copy existing sound files and rename them to the planes that are using default sounds (like updated and added airframes).  Here are a list of the sounds I am missing:

A6M3 (A6M2)
B-29
Fi156
G4M (Ki-67?)
He-111
Jagdpanther
Jagdpanzer 38t
Jagdpanzer IV/70
Ju-87G2 (Ju87D3)
Ki43 (A6M2)
M18
M4A3 (75) (Firefly)
M4A3 (76) (Firefly)
Me-410  (110?)
Mosquito MkXVI (Other Mossie)
P-40C (P-40E)
P-40F (P-40E)
P-40N (P-40E)
Panther G
Panzer IV F (Other Panzer)
Sea Hurricane  (Hurri 1)
Tiger II (Tiger 1)
Yak 3 (Yak9)
Yak 7b (Yak9)

In BOLD and Parentheses I included the existing sounds I have that I could possibly copy and use.  Do you guys agree?  And if so, is it as simple as deleting the sound file and copying the other and renaming it to whatever the model is?  For the sounds that I can't think of replacing, what are your suggestions? 

Thanks for your help.

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Updating my soundpack
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
Hey guys, I'm currently using Sketchworks soundpack, which I think was last updated in 2010.  There are currently 24 models that are using default sounds.  Several of them I could copy existing sound files and rename them to the planes that are using default sounds (like updated and added airframes).  Here are a list of the sounds I am missing:

A6M3 (A6M2)
B-29
Fi156
G4M (Ki-67?)
He-111
Jagdpanther
Jagdpanzer 38t
Jagdpanzer IV/70
Ju-87G2 (Ju87D3)
Ki43 (A6M2)
M18
M4A3 (75) (Firefly)
M4A3 (76) (Firefly)
Me-410  (110?)
Mosquito MkXVI (Other Mossie)
P-40C (P-40E)
P-40F (P-40E)
P-40N (P-40E)
Panther G
Panzer IV F (Other Panzer)
Sea Hurricane  (Hurri 1)
Tiger II (Tiger 1)
Yak 3 (Yak9)
Yak 7b (Yak9)

In BOLD and Parentheses I included the existing sounds I have that I could possibly copy and use.  Do you guys agree?  And if so, is it as simple as deleting the sound file and copying the other and renaming it to whatever the model is?  For the sounds that I can't think of replacing, what are your suggestions? 

Thanks for your help.

#S#

Josh

The P40F should use the engine files from the P51.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »
No, even if an airplane has the exact same engine it seldom (I would say never) sounds the same, especially P-40 to P-51.

The Panther G has the same engine as the Tiger II. The track sound will be different, more like the Panzer with almost twice the weight riding on it. The gun is nearly the exact gun from the H.

After the Tu-2 comes to AH I plan on releasing my sounds, which are as close to the actual vehicles-aircraft as you can get (less than 25% Foley sounds) and it has custom install capabilities (self-installer included).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 01:20:40 AM »
No, even if an airplane has the exact same engine it seldom (I would say never) sounds the same, especially P-40 to P-51.

The Panther G has the same engine as the Tiger II. The track sound will be different, more like the Panzer with almost twice the weight riding on it. The gun is nearly the exact gun from the H.

After the Tu-2 comes to AH I plan on releasing my sounds, which are as close to the actual vehicles-aircraft as you can get (less than 25% Foley sounds) and it has custom install capabilities (self-installer included).
Panther 75mm and Pnz IV 75mm guns the same is that what you mean ? If so the only thing similar  is  diameter.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 04:18:07 AM »
My mistake. KwK 40 versus 42 (nearly wasn't close enough?). My sound file notes stopped at 7.5cm KwK, and you're also right that they sound nothing alike.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:22:20 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »
lol, I surprised anybody is still using my soundpack.  I just stopped by to see what is going on in the AH world.

<S>
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »
lol, I surprised anybody is still using my soundpack.  I just stopped by to see what is going on in the AH world.

<S>

wooof
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »

<S>

Dogg!!! I've always liked your soundpack, and after meeting you in 09 I've always kept it!  Hope you get the time to update it, sir! Hope you've been well!

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »
Don't know if I will get back into sound packs.  Got a lot of real life issues going on now.  Losing my job in april due to company closing down the plant and moving south.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Dogg. My family has experienced the same thing a couple times.  Hope things look up for ya brother!  Hows DoggJr and the rest of the family?

-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||