Author Topic: Combat Challenge 2014 Dates  (Read 877 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Combat Challenge 2014 Dates
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
Combat Challenge IV - January  3rd, 2014
Combat Challenge V  - May 2nd, 2014
Combat Challenge VI - June 27th, 2014
Combat Challenge VII - October 24th, 2014
Combat Challenge VIII - December 26th, 2014

These dates coincide with the two week breaks between FSO. I might put up no-log/score setups during the one week breaks, but it just depends on if I am available.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Combat Challenge 2014 Dates
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »
So why the gap from January to May?  Just wondering.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
So why the gap from January to May?  Just wondering.

The official scored Combat Challenge will only occur one Friday during the 5 two week breaks in FSO during 2014. There are typically only 5 two week breaks a year in FSO, the rest are 1 week breaks.

I decided to only hold them during the two week breaks because of a few different reasons. First, I feel that limiting the total time of the event to 10+ hours (2 hour plus frames) enforces an importance to attendance, If you want to compete and be the one of the best pilots in the different scored categories, you have to play. One Frame will make a difference and could drop you out of contention.

The other main reason is also the mass of information involved. Recording the score of every pilot of every FSO off week is a lot of work while also devoting 3 months of my time designing and scoring FSO's... Then there is also flying all these other Friday Nights. :D

There will be some posts coming soon discussing, the scores and stats and the next Combat Challenge in May, so stay tuned! <S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:31:50 PM »
Looks like we have our first scheduling change.

Combat Challenge VII will actually be held on OCTOBER 3rd 2014.

Sorry for the confusion.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »
UPDATED!

Combat Challenge IV - January  3rd, 2014
Combat Challenge V  - May 2nd, 2014
Combat Challenge VI - June 27th, 2014
Combat Challenge VII - October 3rd, 2014
Combat Challenge VIII - November 28th, 2014 - FINAL 2014 CHALLENGE