Author Topic: Thanks HTC  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Thanks HTC
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 04:44:18 PM »
I jumped the gun a bit.  The Statistic pages are the only ones updated for now which early in the tour is the most useful anyway.  Its the page I go to most since the scoring page is a bit irrelevant for the first several days.

I know from another post Skuzzy's reply, updating the scoring and statistics pages was not an easy task.  That is why I thought a well done was appropriate.  It still is as I see it.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »
Progressing? LOL!!!! after 12+ years I think Im all done "progressing", Im just working on maintaining what little I have!  LOL!

Why don't you stop watching your score for three months and take the hit of extra deaths in the interest of developing some new technique?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »
Why don't you stop watching your score for three months and take the hit of extra deaths in the interest of developing some new technique?

Technique I don't need. I can hang with just about anyone. Aim, thats another thing. Site pictures are something you acquire with a lot of practice, repetition. I don't have hundreds of hours to spend a month to do this so every time I do get to fly, a few hours on the weekend, it is almost like starting over.

One weekend the maps that are running dictate the type of fights that are available and that weekend I may die a lot. The next weekend I get lucky and the fights are numerous and not in the "gang" type and I do more killing than dieing. I understand the game and the flight mechanics VERY well but also understand that with out quitting my job I'm not going to get much better than I already am. I have set goals for myself and try to maintain them. If I'm not, some part of my flying is off and I look to adjust it.

DO I sit around and wait for the scores and stat pages to update every day?  LOL! heck no, nor do I check them everyday. It really isn't a big deal where I place as compared to others, but I am interested in how those "goals" I set for myself are going. If there are few fights going on....due to the map in most cases... I'll milk run some town centers, but not so I have a great bomber score, but because I look to see how big a number I can land in damage points. Did a bunch of bomber runs last month to add a few more "achievements" when there was the beta map up and nothing was going on on our front. Hitting ammos, fuels, radar and such kills your "score" but again it wasn't about score.

Using the score and stats sheets are just another "action" in the game you can "play". Tracking the numbers can be as fun as flying and fighting. I'll bet Lusche has a lot of fun going through the numbers for his charts. I don't think he's getting paid for it, so it must be for fun. Some players play to be in the top 10 on the scoreboard. Most of us know this doesn't mean they are skilled at anything other than manipulating the scoreboard. But to them it is a facet of the game they like to play.

Understanding what the scores and stats pages are, to me means it's just another tool to be used to enjoy the game. Sure to some they seem to take it a bit to seriously, but hey, maybe thats the game they look to play.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
The ranker ran on the current tour this morning.