Author Topic: "Aces High is not being run from it's original Installation folder"  (Read 467 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Installed from the CD this time and got this message. What the hell?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: "Aces High is not being run from it's original Installation folder"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:28:17 AM »
It means the executable (aceshigh.exe) is not being run from the folder where the game resource files are installed.  

Did you happen to run this from a desktop ICON which happens the be the executable accidentally placed on the desktop?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:05:21 AM »
I figured it out, got it running last night, thank you Skuzzy. :) Windows8 is a piece of work.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:38 AM »
Glad you got it figured out.  Yes, Windows 8 is rotten to the core.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
Glad you got it figured out.  Yes, Windows 8 is rotten to the core.

Now I'm having trouble with the autoupdater...had a failure message of some kind, had to reinstall from the disk to get AH running again. Guess I'll try installing the last couple of patches manually.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
Now I'm having trouble with the autoupdater...had a failure message of some kind, had to reinstall from the disk to get AH running again. Guess I'll try installing the last couple of patches manually.

If your CD version is too old, it may not find the servers and fail to patch.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
Nah, I ordered it this month. It is version 2.31 patch 3. It is more Windows8 crap.