Author Topic: Swastika Kill Markings - Verbotten?  (Read 3180 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Swastika Kill Markings - Verbotten?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »
Since the OP has already been asking about free skin templates in another thread, I doubt this will be an issue anytime soon...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline HornetUK

• Skinner Team
  • Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »
Is this still going?  :bhead
Hornet Paint Shop Skins: Now Ingame  B-29  B-24  B-17     Current Project

Member of the 97th Bomb Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
so many wild tangents in this thread.

Apparently, German laws might make it harder for German customers to pay for aces high. There is really no need to explain why ignoring that is not good business sense.

No verbotten symbols = more money. Is anyone still confused?

See the post above yours.  You are confused.  I am not.  Nor is McShark.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
Since the OP has already been asking about free skin templates in another thread, I doubt this will be an issue anytime soon...

I did not say that.  I asked if anyone had a blank.  A workaround was found so it is moot.  (I am helping a friend do it--or he is helping me.  The credit will be his not mine.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:37:19 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »

I did not say that.  I asked if anyone had a blank.  A workaround was found so it is moot.  (I am helping a friend do it--or he is helping me.  The credit will be his not mine.)

Blank, free, potato, potaato....

So there will be 2 names?

XXX pee51 by Vraciu(and his friend)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:39:46 PM by VonMessa »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
Blank, free, potato, potaato....

So there will be 2 names?

XXX pee51 by Vraciu(and his friend)

1/10, tbqh.
”KILLER V”

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »
so many wild tangents in this thread.

Apparently, German laws might make it harder for German customers to pay for aces high. There is really no need to explain why ignoring that is not good business sense.

No verbotten symbols = more money. Is anyone still confused?

I wasn't questioning the sensibility of HTC's policy on this matter. I was merely poking fun the amusingly irrational and tyrannical impulses of humans and their governments. Like I say, does no one care about the evil of Kaiser Wilhelm?  :D Rape of Nanking happened under those big red meatballs on Japanese planes right? Ccome to think of it I seem to remember some bad things going down for the Indians while the Stars and Stripes flew proudly... :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
I wasn't questioning the sensibility of HTC's policy on this matter. I was merely poking fun the amusingly irrational and tyrannical impulses of humans and their governments. Like I say, does no one care about the evil of Kaiser Wilhelm?  :D Rape of Nanking happened under those big red meatballs on Japanese planes right? Ccome to think of it I seem to remember some bad things going down for the Indians while the Stars and Stripes flew proudly... :devil

It's not a U.S. law. It's a German law. Even if it was a U.S. law, HT didn't write it. Despite what every forum lawyer in this thread wants to believe, it happens to be HTC policy. I suspect that if Vraciu (or his friend) submits a pony skin with swastika kill markings that it will be rejected, given this thread being a right public heads up.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 12:36:23 AM »
It's not a U.S. law. It's a German law. Even if it was a U.S. law, HT didn't write it. Despite what every forum lawyer in this thread wants to believe, it happens to be HTC policy. I suspect that if Vraciu (or his friend) submits a pony skin with swastika kill markings that it will be rejected, given this thread being a right public heads up.

I'm sorry, was the phrase "I'm not questioning the sensibility of HTC's policy on this matter", which I made in direct reference to the fact that if the German planes had historically accurate paint jobs Lusche couldn't play, was this unclear? I understand the whys, I am simply poking fun at/reveling in the absurdity of individuals or regimes fearing symbols on cartoon WWII planes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:38:13 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 01:58:31 AM »
I'm sorry, was the phrase "I'm not questioning the sensibility of HTC's policy on this matter", which I made in direct reference to the fact that if the German planes had historically accurate paint jobs Lusche couldn't play, was this unclear? I understand the whys, I am simply poking fun at/reveling in the absurdity of individuals or regimes fearing symbols on cartoon WWII planes.

Political threads are generally a no-no in AH forumville. Threads about skins and what can and can't go on them, not as much.  :D

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »

Look out its a swastika!!  :uhoh :old:

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Look out its a swastika!!  :uhoh :old:

NOOOOOO, WHAT HAVE YOU DOOONNEEE?!  :cry
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357987.msg4772454.html#msg4772454

:aok
”KILLER V”

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »
That is a good start.

It is also the easiest part. 

The hard parts are the panel lines, shadows where the panels meet, rivets, (don't forget some are flush and some are dimpled), instructional markings, exhaust stains, oil leaks,  dirt, paint peel/wear, errant hydraulic oil, carbon from gun barrels and general wear and tear (among other things I forgot to mention).

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
That is a good start.

It is also the easiest part.  

The hard parts are the panel lines, shadows where the panels meet, rivets, (don't forget some are flush and some are dimpled), instructional markings, exhaust stains, oil leaks,  dirt, paint peel/wear, errant hydraulic oil, carbon from gun barrels and general wear and tear (among other things I forgot to mention).

I definitely have my work cut out for me to be sure.  I am not going to overly weather this one, though, as the photos of it show a pretty clean airplane.

I have a feeling progress from this point forward will be a slog.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:26:31 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”