Author Topic: Sound issue in Film Viewer  (Read 290 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Sound issue in Film Viewer
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:55:33 AM »
I've run into a strange bug in the film viewer. The engine sounds do not work if the film starts with the engine already running. I can hear other planes engines, and all other sounds work (flaps, stall horn, guns, etc). If the engine is turned off and restarted then the engine sounds return to normal. The weirdest part is this is only happening on one of my films, all others still work properly. Not sure if it's a sound file issue with a specific plane but I'll try testing that out today.

Attached is the film I'm having issues with. For the entire first half of the film there is silence coming from the 152's engine, but when he shuts down the engine and restarts is the sound comes back. This didn't always happen either. I've been working on this film for a little bit now with the engine sounds working properly, then it just stopped working yesterday.  :headscratch:

Quick test in offline shows that Ta152 sounds work both from engine startup and having the engine running from the start of the film.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:59:39 AM by Latrobe »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sound issue in Film Viewer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:35:42 AM »
I noticed that if you uncheck "Use Recorded Views" the sounds will play from beginning to end. I have taken to recording the audio with it unchecked as well as checked, so that I have an audio track I can work with.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:07:07 AM »
Having "Use Recorded Views" checked and unchecked don't make any difference. Still no sound.  :(

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »
The Engine sounds cuts out whenever I cut my films. Would it help if I sent you the entire sortie? Perhaps cutting on your side will do the trick.
See Rule #4

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
Well it was working at one point but I think maybe the file got corrupted somehow the other day when my power kept going out. Maybe send the same file again and the whole film and I can see if the problem continues.

Maybe Skuzzy can come along later and tell us if it's a bug with the film viewer, the film, or my computer is broken.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:58:51 AM »
Just emailed them to you
See Rule #4

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:12 AM »
Got them, resent cut film still has the problem but the full length film works. I'm guessing there's a bug with films that are cut? :headscratch:

Edit: yes, I just checked one of my cut films and it too is missing engine sounds.  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:05:45 AM by Latrobe »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
Any event driven sound (gear up/down, flaps,....) will be lost if the start of the event is cut from the film.

However, engine sounds are supposed to play even if cut.

If you could send me a film with the problem, it would be helpful.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »
The film is attached to the first post in the thread Skuzzy. Unless you want me to email it to you, I can do that too if needed.  :salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
Sorry, did not catch that.  I'll nab it from the post.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »
I've noticed it too.  Since I don't use the audio I treated it as a bonus not being blasted by engine noise whilst the PC spends ten minutes rendering!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 06:42:30 PM »
I also lose engine sounds on my aircraft if I cut an AH film. Let me know if you want more film.