Author Topic: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds  (Read 20506 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sick Puppy Custom Sounds
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 04:15:28 PM »
And one more thing, I believe HTC has vetted the sound and its programming.  If I am in error here let me know.

I don't know that Skuzzy looked at the .exe or not. He was told about the location before I posted here, so he did have access and could have looked at it.

BTW, this is a public installer available to anyone for free. There is nothing mysterious, clandestine, or nefarious about it. It places files where they are supposed to be and that's all it does.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 04:21:39 PM »

@ReVo: You might consider the possibility that the system is behind on updating records before you assume the Copyright is bogus. Just a suggestion. Providing the information you requested is a little extraordinary and really I do not know what you are after.

I am not asking for anything extraordinary, I am simply asking for you to provide a registration number which I would have anyway if I could locate a copyright under the name shown in your EULA.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
My post had nothing to do with legitimate questions. Legitimate questions sometimes deserve legitimate answers, and I am not defending him at all. He's a big boy he can make his own choices with out my help.

Mine had to do with witch hunt mentality paranoia that an executable file has a virus and it's going to destroy all of your precious computers. I use it, has done nothing to my computer. As I said, dont take my word for it. And Im not speaking for anyone else who uses it. Surely your anti virus program will make the determination.  And, if it was virus infested, it wouldnt have got past Hitech. But I guess you never thought of that one.

And Drano, you proved my point. Thank you. BTW Hitech Creations I guess has determined who the hell he is and made the determination to let him post his sound pack it. Like it or not.
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:24 AM »
I also used the exe and had nothing wrong, liked some of the sounds...stayed with my current setup though. But it works as stated. :salute
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 12:39:45 AM »
This whole thread is a joke.

I love it.  :lol

Now, if Chalenge is going to provide proof of that copyright claim, then maybe we'd take him seriously but so far his dodging of that question and resistance to provide it shows that it doesn't truly exist. Btw, 30k for misusing a sound? How in the first place would you know, and secondly do you know that no judge would ever let you have your price?

Chalenge's ego = the size of Betelgeuse.

Still not trusting that installer either.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 01:16:07 AM »
 :lol

If you feel suspicious about it, don't download it?
Top Gun

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 01:23:57 AM »
:lol

If you feel suspicious about it, don't download it?
yes, but the question why is it that he made if more of a hassle than any other sound maker?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:13 AM »
I didn't read the executable instructions because you also offered a zip file, which I assumed would expand into a tree of directories like any other sound pack but in fact unexpectedly also gave an executable.

I'd like to listen to the Hayate sounds. I'm curious how you created original sounds for that because the last one last ran in the 1980s and is unlikely to ever run again.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 03:27:49 AM »
It's rather good.

All the sounds feel as if you are in the aircraft rather than outside.
My only problem is that they lack Bass, and in some cases volume.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 07:44:14 AM »
I think you are talking about the flap and gear sounds? They are intentionally at a lower volume level for realism. The 109 flap for instance is a hand actuated wheel. There is not much sound that comes from that, so it is actually louder than it would be in real life. The same is true of the I16, which is a hand cranked wheel. The Ki67 is piloted from the right, and the co-pilot actuates the flaps by a hand turned wheel.

There are still a few mistakes in the pack, which I was hoping someone would have pointed out by now. The Ta152, for instance, has the stall horn from the Arado 234 (the real one). As far as I have been able to tell it is the only example of a stall horn to have existed during the war. It is a device that was patented two or three months before the end of the war in America, but was supposed to have been in an Arado one month later. I found it much more likely that the Americans installed it during their flights in America, so I was not intending to use it. The Ta also has a stress horn, which was not used during the war. That is a recording of a strobe powering up and amplified 1,000 times (approximately). It was for testing purposes and not intended for release. The engine sound is a recording made from the supercharger (the engine sound is subdued to the background). It should have been mixed with the sound "ENGcurrent," which is the Ta152 sound I was using previously. I was testing the supercharger sound for Doppler shifts and left it as the engine sound when I packed up for publishing.

And before anyone asks the La7 stall horn is a Russian rooster, which means a rooster crow was used as an impulse to create the sound. It is a facsimile of a Russian stall horn used in aircraft immediately following the war.

Approximately 82% of the sounds are live recordings. The rest are either hard sounds, foley sounds, synthetic sounds from various impulses, or a mixture of the three. I have designed some equipment changes which should make collecting more aircraft sounds even easier for me, so I believe as time moves forward these sounds will only improve. At this point I cannot promise regular updates though.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »
Hey, I like it.  Installed it today and took off in a P-47.  While I don't think the M2 sounds are accurate, I like it anyway ;)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »
Thank you, ammo. The individual .50 cal is accurate. The problem is with mixing eight .50 cals. I settled on being able to identify an 8x.50 aircraft by the sound, until I can get the sound to be closer to reality. The reason the AN/M2 does not sounds right to most people is that it is the lighter m2 version intended for use in aircraft. You also have to think about things like whether the aircraft is sitting still on the runway, or moving through the air at 300-450mph, because it makes a big difference. The same is true of aircraft with the exhaust on top, versus below. For that reason 109s should be more tolerable than Spits from a cockpit sound level.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 08:37:13 AM »
True Challenge -  and thank you for the sound pack.

I was a munitions troop in the USAF for 11 years.  I have witnessed 50 cal firing, 30 cal (M60), and 20mm (M61).  They are FREAKING LOUD.  However, I cannot guess what it sounds like from the cockpit so I digress.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »
My father suffered hearing loss from artillery, and missiles, so I am aware of what could happen. But despite that my thinking was that some things need to be adjusted so it is a little more fun to play. I think the tanks (especially on TT island) will prove to be a little stressful when there are tank battles, rocket barrages, and aircraft bombing, but I like that in tank battles.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »
Serious question... When I download these sounds will it replace the current sounds I have ingame? I have a mix of everyone's sounds and I wouldn't like to lose them.

Or is that what the zip file link is for? To have them in a seperate folder to do the moving of sounds yourself?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3