Author Topic: I lasted two minuets.  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: I lasted two minuets.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 07:27:07 AM »
that's most likely because you dont have adfree add on.  it took me years to find out youtube had ads.  I thought people had gotten some kind of malware.

semp

Yep.  I had the same issue when I came to work for my new employer. Their IT department only supports Internet Explorer and they specifically turn off any pop-up blockers.  So I can't use Firefox or Chrome. Cant use AdBlock Plus. The result? Every damn webpage has "magical" adds that reference some place I visited weeks or months ago. Very annoying. Stupid too from a information security / privacy perspective.  :rolleyes:

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 07:29:52 AM »
Thought smh was scratching my head, as in our :headscratch:

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 07:56:30 AM »
If one likes WWII plane arcade games and care more about what everything surrounding them looks like, more than they care about the actual dogfight they might be in.... Only then could I possibly understand why people think "awesome graphics" is so damn important...

I've never tryed WoWP's nor would I want to if it isn't any better than WoP/WT...

I find the biggest draw people have to these 2 games, is their play for free unless you want to actually spend money to "power up" your inventory of acquired planes...

Yes some have moved from AH , WB or IL2 etc...  But just saying it like that and not going into detail why they picked up and moved and not understanding any possible ulterior motives they may have had when some left AH or any of those other flight games...

Ibesides.... Downloading an online flight game that takes over 12 Gb's + of space needed before the game even unpacks and installs , was just the first sign of concern, back during WT alpha&beta testing

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
^ this, WT/WoWP isn't that bad, great graphics, FM's ok in full realism, but biggest thing for me is you don't have to deal with as many ack running, wirble camping, fly 4 sectors to keep from fighting you noobs (AKA 90% of the AH population). So that's at least one huge thing it has over AH.

Bully has a pretty good point.  :noid
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:39 AM »
No No, no worries Lusche i got nothing but respect for my elders.  :D
 :cheers:
:rofl
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 08:11:39 AM »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
but biggest thing for me is you don't have to deal with as many ack running, wirble camping, fly 4 sectors to keep from fighting you noobs (AKA 90% of the AH population)
yea this is what sucks in AH. The rest is awesome though.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »
Simple answer for the runners:  Fly planes others are less likely to run from and think are easy prey.  It's not a cureall but I find it helps.  

Some quotes from Sun Tzu to ponder:  

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

Edit:  The last quote in particular is worth remembering. Arrogance acquired from flying Spits/Ponys/LA7s/Doras is rather common place in the LW MA...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:25:32 AM by Hoplite »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19:35 AM »
Even then...

To do average in AH you have to invest in stick, hardware and so on. Still the learning curve is, well, steep...

Who will put 40 hours a month in a game and still be beaten to pulp anytime he ups in MA?

The "I am the new Manfred von Richthofen " game's with lotta eyecandy, mouseflyable and easy rewards will always make it over AH.....

Anyhow, HTC should put ads on Warturd videos because some of those might look any further than their gamekeyboard.....  :devil
hehe i don't have a life-so i spend 100 to 150 hours a week on this game

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »

there are 168 hours in a week, sure you don't mean per month?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
Simple answer for the runners:  Fly planes others are less likely to run from and think are easy prey.  It's not a cureall but I find it helps.  
Been saying that for years myself, yet people still up maneuver-kites and get mad when someone's rocket-brick skeddadles from them instead of dying.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »
It doesn't help that AH looks like it is running the same graphics engine as Oregon Trail. Hopefully the new graphics update will bring some more players in. For the average gamer seeing ads for WT or AH for the first time, they will choose WT to try first based solely on looks alone. Once they get accustomed to WT it will be hard to convert them to AH especially with such a steep learning curve.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »

there are 168 hours in a week, sure you don't mean per month?
hehe yeah i ment month--my life ain't that bad lol.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »

Some quotes from Sun Tzu to ponder:  

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

Edit:  The last quote in particular is worth remembering. Arrogance acquired from flying Spits/Ponys/LA7s/Doras is rather common place in the LW MA...

People run from everything in this game. Spit16's and N1k's run from my damn P40F.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
Even then...

To do average in AH you have to invest in stick, hardware and so on. Still the learning curve is, well, steep...

Who will put 40 hours a month in a game and still be beaten to pulp anytime he ups in MA?

The "I am the new Manfred von Richthofen " game's with lotta eyecandy, mouseflyable and easy rewards will always make it over AH.....

Anyhow, HTC should put ads on Warturd videos because some of those might look any further than their gamekeyboard.....  :devil

people like difficult games

Starcraft II, LoL, CounterStrike, Street Fighter IV are all difficult yet very popular games. These games offer easy ways to compete with others on an equal footing, while AHII, not so much.